Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Tune in in the morning Cadets fans ...
    Coming up Thursday on The Really Big Sports Show ... Norwich men's coach Mike McShane (9:20) and women's coach Mark Bolding (10:00) looking ahead to the ECAC semi-final series this weekend at Kreitzberg. The Really Big Sports Show ... every morning at nine on NSNradio.net .

Comment

Okay then!! Looking forward to a redemption victory this weekend!! How soon until we find out the
      date and time to report to Kreitzburg for fan duty?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagletrack View Post
        Okay then!! Looking forward to a redemption victory this weekend!! How soon until we find out the
        date and time to report to Kreitzburg for fan duty?
        Most likely, 3 pm on Saturday... I'd be shocked if different.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          Most likely, 3 pm on Saturday... I'd be shocked if different.
          Both Amherst and Norwich web sites say Saturday, no time posted yet, though.

Comment

Perfect! That's what I was hoping for? Should be 2 great games at Norwich, and with an 11 hour drive, we will definitely stay for both!

Comment

The Norwich Amherst women's game will start at 3 p.m. The men's game vs. the Wentworth/Plymouth State winner will be at 7 p.m.

Great day for Norwich fans to be able to catch two NCAA Quarterfinal games in one day at one rink! Now we've gotta get the butts in the seats. Will be a little tougher with the students going on break Friday.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Does anybody know where I can find the interview of Coach Bolding from this past weekend, I think it was
                Sunday on NSN. I can't find it on their website.

Comment

The Norwich Communications Department is putting together a documentary on the 2011-12 Norwich men's and women's hockey teams.

Check out the extended teaser video below. This should be awesome! Especially considering the possibilities of having both teams in the Final Four.

GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor..._Award_3-12-12

^Norwich senior forward Julie Fortier named finalist for the 2012 Laura Hurd Award.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Congrats to the girls and staff on another great season!! Well deserved and looking forward to next season already!! To the seniors best of luck in your future endeavors and thanks for an enjoyable 4 years!!

Comment

Norwich Women's Hockey End of Year Banquet Information

When: April 1, 2012 @ 1:00 p.m.
                        Where: Kreitzberg Arena, Norwich Campus
                        Cost: $25 Per Person
                        Player Sponsorship: $25 to sponsor a player
                        Event Sponsorship: $250 (Includes two meals and recognition in the program)(Deadline for recognition in program is March 22, 2012 @ 2pm)
                        Registration Deadline: March 28, 2012 @ 4 p.m.
                        Dress: Business Casual

The Norwich Women's hockey team will be celebrating their 2011-12 season and their 2012 ECAC Championship on Sunday April 1, 2012 at 1 p.m. in Kreitzberg Arena.

During the evening program there will be a dinner, the annual awards will be handed out and captains of the 2012-2013 season will be named.

Costs: $25 Per Person
                        Player Sponsorship: $25 to sponsor a player
                        Event Sponsorship: $250 (Includes two meals and recognition in the program) (Deadline for recognition in program is March 22, 2012 @ 2pm)
                        Register: Click here or email mgaa@norwich.edu (Payment is required at time of registration)

More Information: Contact Mike Stackus at 802-485-2903 or mgaa@norwich.edu
                        Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich Athletics Website release from yesterday afternoon's women's hockey end of the year banquet:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...on_Awards_2012

You can also view the season highlight video produced by Kevin Hartmann that was shown at the banquet at the link below:

Norwich Women's Hockey [2012] from Kevin Hartmann on Vimeo.

Lastly, next year's East/West Hockey Classic field has been announced and once again its going to arguably be one of if not the best tournament in D-III women's hockey. Plattsburgh takes the place of RIT as the Tigers will be moving up to Division I next year.

Originally posted by Norwich Athletics Release
                          Norwich will tentatively open its 2012-13 season the last weekend in October when it hosts the third annual East/West Hockey Classic. The Cadets will play perennial powerhouse Elmira College and then follow up with fellow Frozen Four participant Plattsburgh State the next day. The Cardinals finished third in the nation after falling to RIT 2-1 in overtime in the national semifinals before coming back to beat Gustavus Adolphus 4-3 in third-place game.

Plattsburgh State will be making its first appearance at the East/West Hockey Classic as it takes the place of RIT after the Tigers announced briefly after winning the national championship they will be elevating their women's hockey program to Division I next season.

Defending ECAC East Tournament runner-up Manhattanville will also be in attendance and will play Plattsburgh State the first night and then follow up with Elmira the next day.
                          Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich releases 2012-13 schedule:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...hedule_6-20-12

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...12-13/schedule

Oct. 27th Elmira *East/West Hockey Classic*
                            Oct. 28th Plattsburgh *East/West Hockey Classic*
                            Nov. 2nd Castleton
                            Nov. 3rd NEC
                            Nov. 9th @ Plymouth State
                            Nov. 10th @ Southern Maine
                            Nov. 16th UMass-Boston
                            Nov. 17th Saint Anselm
                            Dec. 1st @ Holy Cross
                            Dec. 8th @ Bowdoin
                            Jan. 6th @ Plattsburgh
                            Jan. 9th St. Michael’s
                            Jan. 11th @ St. Michael's
                            Jan. 12th @ Salve Regina
                            Jan. 16th Amherst
                            Jan. 18th @ Manhattanville
                            Jan. 19th @ Nichols
                            Jan. 25th @ NEC
                            Jan. 26th @ Castleton
                            Feb. 1st Southern Maine
                            Feb. 2nd Plymouth State
                            Feb. 6th @ Amherst
                            Feb. 12th @ Middlebury
                            Feb. 15th Manhattanville
                            Feb. 16th Nichols
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

So Prez, I will be there for the East/West but will you make the trip Downeast for 12/8 at Watson?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                                So Prez, I will be there for the East/West but will you make the trip Downeast for 12/8 at Watson?
                                Currently the plan seeing as the NU men's hockey team will not be playing that night and I always love getting to new rinks!

Really excited to see the new Sid Watson just to see how similiar it truly is to Kreitzberg in person.

And my next question to you is do you make it to a few more UVM games this year with Mr. Plumer now calling the shots in Catamount Country
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X