Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
    If that were a mens game and the opponent gathers in a circle to salute some fans their would have been a brawl.

Men's beer league maybe.
    Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-17-2010, 10:50 AM.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
      Spike - I completely agree with everything you said. It was a good game and both teams had chances to win (not by 3 goals).....and Fortin had to make big saves as well, do not discredit her play!!
      No question about Fortin, I was just pointing out the fallacy of his logic.

Comment

God forgive me but I love the smell of napalm in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          Men's beer league maybe.

For those of you who live under a rock and think there arn't any fights in college hockey. Although not frequent usually happen after someone does something stupid after a game IE: salute fans after a game when your not in your rink.
          Enjoy!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVuM0bvaZ4

Comment

For those of you who live under a rock and think there arn't any fights in college hockey. Although not frequent usually happen after someone does something stupid after a game IE: salute fans after a game when your not in your rink.
            Enjoy!
            I don't know, but I didn't see anyone saluting anyone's fans in that video.

Sure, there are fights in college hockey every year, but I don't know that I've ever heard of any in women's hockey. Although I am new to women's D-III hockey (and don't follow D-I at all), so maybe I've missed something in the past.

And I don't see anything wrong with saluting fans as a visiting team. I think if the visiting team does it first and then gets off the ice for the home team to do it (if they do it at all) that there shouldn't be an issue. There's nNothing wrong with saying "thank you," no matter where you are. In fact, I'd like to see more teams do that, both at home and on the road. It's just a show of appreciation, and anyone that has a problem with that needs to rethink a few things.
            Go Sioux!!!
            Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Enjoy!
              One wonders what mayhem would ensue were the visting winners to carry a trophy around the arena.
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Enjoy!
                Let me put it to you like this.....there are some of us on here that may have more of an actual hockey playing background then you may think and some may actually have been part of winning National Championships on the road .....not sure if "valiantfan08" has ever had that honor but I have never seen or been a part of a fight on the ice following a salute to fans that traveled to watch us play ,sometimes hundreds of miles, when we raised that NCAA trophy on the opponents home ice......fans are important to the players and if they make an effort to get out there to see you I see nothing wrong in recognizing them for their efforts......it is a salute done in good taste towards the fans and not to rub the face of your opponent in the game that was just played.

Comment

Will any of the Norwich faithful make the trip down to Orr for the game Saturday evening?

Comment

Attended Amherst vs. Norwich last night.... Now I know why they are in the top 3 in DIII womens hockey... They could skate, they could pass, and they could shoot.

I was impressed with Amherst's ability to breakout of their zone. No trap could contain them, and their speed contributed to an awesome forecheck that kept the Norwich women on their heels for a good chunk of the game. They also played a very clean game.

Fortin kept the Cadets in the game with some outstanding saves, maintaining hope for a tie 'till the final buzzer.

Lasting impression...

The rink was nothing special, and their coach wore one of those hats my dad used to wear going to church on sundays back in the 50's, which was cool. Now, although I've not seen any of the western teams play, I get this gut feeling Amherst will take their game all the way to the NCAA final game... (Sorry Platty)
                    Last edited by hockeydaddy; 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

So here we go to Playland park for the ECAC EAST tourny, yea...

Looking back, the Norwich women came dam close to hosting it this time. A couple or so wins more and it would of been in Northfield, and yes yes, one would of needed to be vs M'ville. But considering it's only the 3rd year, not bad....

Umass had a pretty good run of wins after the holidays, starting with a win over Norwich back on Jan 15th, but I believe the Cadet's will not waste any time tomorrow firing cannon shots in the netting. Final score... 5-1 Norwich.

I see where M'ville has struggled vs NEC this year, but I doubt they will allow themselves to lose this semi, as they did vs. Salve last year. Final score...
                      M'ville 3, NEC 1, open net goal...

I'll let others opin on the final game... lol

Comment

[QUOTE=spike;4633298]I'm not sure I can follow your logic here. It could have been a 5-2 game but wasn't because Bloom was solid in net. And, it could have been a 2-0 Middlebury win but wasn't because Leclerc is an excellent forward. Two good teams played a 2-2 tie. The mentality of "what could have been" might be one of the things that separates winners from non-winners.

Sorry it took me so long to respond Spike...

It's just an opinion. An opinion! Shall I say it again? I have no problem respecting yours, but under my rock, it should be a two way street.

Comment

Can't let this thread get buried at the bottom of the heap after the ladies put together a great weekend away from home like that!! Looks like Fortin had a solid weekend as the goalie throwing back to back shutouts. Say what you want about who they played and how it happened...whatever. The bottom line is that when you get into the playoffs and you play solid D and do not give up any goals in 2 ECAC playoff games, you had a good weekend.

Now as they enter the next round they need to continue the solid defensive play and find a way to have the staff mix in acouple of new wrinkles offensively to win from this point on. I think with their defensive system that they can play they can hold anyone close........if they all play it together. Offensively however that is another story as they move forward. They will face teams from here on out that are all solid defensively and if they hope to compete, Coach Bolding and his staff had better incorporate a couple of "trick" plays that they can run to try and get an early goal or 2 to help create a lead and make their opponent play from behind instead of the other way around. This is a good young team but when you get to the NCAA's and playing this caliber it is tough to play from behind, and Norwich has had a tough time playing from behind all year. Norwich will need to get the early lead and keep pounding at the net with good quality shots from good areas and rely on Fortin and the defence to do their part......

Comment

Hey, remember last year when some tool was lamenting that the coaching staff wasn't out recruiting and the team would continue to languish. Wonder how that crow is tasting.

Comment

Congrats to Norwich- from a disgruntled Manhattanville supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by powerplay17 View Post
                                Congrats to Norwich- from a disgruntled Manhattanville supporter.

Speaking of disgruntled M'ville supporters,....Did Valianatfan08 jump off a bridge after the loss to NEC or what, has not been posting anywhere. I've really been concerned

Comment

Working...
                                X