Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    So what are you saying, that the BU games are bigger events and so they pull more fans?
    I'm not really sure what exactly it is you're trying to say, but yes; when BC plays BU it is, in fact, a bigger event than when BC plays Merrimack or Harvard, and as such, more people attend the game, hard as that is to believe.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

The only time Conte ever fills up to the full 8,000 is for BU, UNH, and big western opponents [we've had North Dakota and Wisconsin in recently, both games were jammed]. I wish it weren't so, but that's pretty much the way it is.

BC hockey is a niche sport not just in the city but within the campus community as well. I don't think our athletic director has been to a hockey game in my entire time as a student.

And yet, the trophy case looks pretty nice.
      -

Comment

The first BC/UVM game was very evenly played on the ice. UVM finished some nice chances, BC did not.

A split is likely, or if UVM shows up with the same road crew that went to Mack and Maine it will be a cakewalk for BC. If UVM shows up with the team that played last weekend at home then we have two good games.

Cats will likely rotate goaltenders and I would be surprised to see any lineup changes other than possibly rotating McCarthy up onto a higher line and someone else down. He was very impressive versus PC - although he was probably facing their 4th line which may lack depth.

He's having the best start as a Cat freshman since Mitchell probably.

Nice to have Milo back. He was huge in his first two games back.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Is this a trick question? Of course the bu games are bigger than the other games.
          Bigger then the BC games???? .

They pull more fans ergo their games are "bigger" then BC games?

AAargh never mind.

So let's try to get on topic. Since that can be hard for the chumps at chestnut hill how about a Q and A.

Will York ever play Milner, or will he beat a dead Muse?

What happened to end up with a 4-4 tie against UNH?

Is Cam Atkinson related to Chris Atkinson?

Hendrickson picked BC to finish at the bottom of HE, how does that make you feel?

How many Championships (HE or NC) does one have to win to be considered worthy of playing a powerhouse such as BC?
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I for one would like to disagree with the notion that there is nothing else to do in Vermont except go to a UVM game. I have a hard time believing that these games draw more than the Cabot Cow Milkathons held every Friday night. It's no coincidence, however, that many of the eager participants are former UVM hockey players!

He already has played Milner, genius.

How many Championships (HE or NC) does one have to win to be considered worthy of playing a powerhouse such as BC?
            More than zero. Start with getting the first one and then we'll bring up the topic again for further consideration, ok?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

he already did

What happened to end up with a 4-4 tie against UNH?
              UNH scored

Is Cam Atkinson related to Chris Atkinson?
              I dont know, is chris atkinson related to tom atkinson?

Hendrickson picked BC to finish at the bottom of HE, how does that make you feel?
              it makes me feel bad for hendrickson. he is going to be mighty embarrassed at the end of the year.

start with 1
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Bigger then the BC games???? .

They pull more fans ergo their games are "bigger" then BC games?

AAargh never mind.
                We're talking about different things here. I'm referring to the BC games in which our opponent is bu.

I'm pretty sure you're trying to get me to say that bu's games at Agganis are bigger events than BC's games at Conte?

I mean... I guess? They are the national champions after all, a non-fan would probably be more likely to go to a defending national champion's game I guess. They also have (literally) twice the undergraduates as BC, which makes for a bigger alumni base.

And yet they still didn't sell out their home opener against Notre Dame. Which brings me back to my point that Boston's sports fans without a tie to college hockey don't give two $#!+$ about college hockey, and even when BC and bu play each other it's a stretch.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

BU games are bigger than BC games! Ouch, that hurts. It would hurt even more if BU had a higher average attendance than BC last year, which they did not. And it would hurt a lot more if I cared either way.

I like how your attempts to be "on topic" are all slams, as pathetic and weak as they may be. But if we must...

Hendrickson is also the genius who picked Northeastern to beat BC last week.

I think Vermont is plenty worthy of playing BC, they just need to make sure to bow upon entrance to Conte Forum.

FYI: Milner won in the game he played, one week ago against Merrimack.

How has Spillane looked this year? I know what to expect out of Madore.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

And yet they still didn't sell out their home opener against Notre Dame. Which brings me back to my point that Boston's sports fans without a tie to college hockey don't give two $#!+$ about college hockey, and even when BC and bu play each other it's a stretch.
                    Right. BC-BU is a great rivalry, but I've never had a problem getting tickets to BC's games at BU. They do 'sell out' but it's always possible to find tickets at or just barely above face value. College hockey is a VERY big deal to a small number of people in the city, but completely nonexistent to most.

Also, I still have no idea what any of this has to do with The Defending NCAA East Regional Champion "Minnesota of the Greater Lake Champlain Region" gracing our presence this weekend with a two game set.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

Also, I still have no idea what any of this has to do with The Defending NCAA East Regional Champion "Minnesota of the Greater Lake Champlain Region" gracing our presence this weekend with a two game set.

It started with your quote
                      Originally Posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      But no, I don't think Vermont would bang out a 6,000 seat arena every game.

Then chimed in that every game should be a sell out because there are no "big" events other then hockey.

That's how the topic got started. And thank you for starting it.

Comment

FYI: Milner won in the game he played, one week ago against Merrimack.

How has Spillane looked this year? I know what to expect out of Madore.

I see Milner won against MC. Thanks to all of you who jumped in with the correction. Anyone think he starts more then 3 games this year? Is it possible that York splits this weekend between Muse and Milner?

Spillane played his first game sunday against PC where he made 33 saves for the shutout earning Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week.

I expect BC will see Madore for one and Spillane for one.

Comment

I see Milner won against MC. Thanks to all of you who jumped in with the correction. Anyone think he starts more then 3 games this year? Is it possible that York splits this weekend between Muse and Milner?

Spillane played his first game sunday against PC where he made 33 saves for the shutout earning Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week.

I expect BC will see Madore for one and Spillane for one.
                          York has told the media that both Milner and Venti will see playing time this year, and that he's still uneasy about using Muse back to back until he sees how Muse responds physically. But he did play Muse back to back last week, which surprised me. So you never know, he could be right back on the 'play every minute' schedule.
                          -

Comment

I like how your attempts to be "on topic" are all slams, as pathetic and weak as they may be. But if we must...
                            Huh?

Are Cam and Chris related? How is that a slam?

How did UNH get back in the game? That was legit question, not having watched the game I wanted to know what happened, did UNH catch fire, did BC have a breakdown, were there a lot of penalties?

As for the number of championships it takes to become worthy, well that's only a slam if you are one of the ignorant snobs who feel any team that hasn't won a championship doesn't deserve to play BC.

Comment

York has told the media that both Milner and Venti will see playing time this year, and that he's still uneasy about using Muse back to back until he sees how Muse responds physically. But he did play Muse back to back last week, which surprised me. So you never know, he could be right back on the 'play every minute' schedule.
                              York also told the media Muse wouldn't be back until the end of the year to the beginning of 2010. That was what 2 weeks or so before he played him in the exhibition game. York is a bit of a sandbagger.

Comment

Please, UVM is a nice program. They've never won a freakin thing. Excuse someone for not being that freakin impressed. This is especially the case after some serious chest-thumping after getting to DC with wins over powerhouses like Yale and Air Force, and even touting the moral victory of 'almost beating' BU.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X