Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Earn Frozen Four trip?
      Nah, just beat Yale and Air Force
      Hurray! We're awesome!
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Typos?
        Fixed 'em just four ewe.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Fixed 'em just four ewe.
          You missed one... lol
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            You missed one... lol
            LOL, I just read this thread and am starting to feel bad for jcarter. I should just say "Hitler" so the beating may end.

A message for my BC friends: If you are so adamant that mentioning the elephant walk ad nauseum is justified, I don't want to hear the crying when Rover brings up "BC gambling scandal" twenty times before the end of February!

Comment

at one point in time==there was actually some interesting hockey opinions on this forum--not so much anymore.so it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                A message for my BC friends: If you are so adamant that mentioning the elephant walk ad nauseum is justified, I don't want to hear the crying when Rover brings up "BC gambling scandal" twenty times before the end of February!
                Yeah, let's talk about the BC gambling scandal:

"After losing 45-17 to Syracuse on Oct. 26, 1996, BC football coach Dan Henning heard that some players might have bet against their own team. He informed the appropriate university officials. As a result, 13 players were suspended for the rest of the season and six were banned permanently. Henning, scarred by both the scandal and a poor 16-19-1 record at BC, resigned at the end of the season."

Why I'll bet there's at least 13 BC hockey players right now with money on UVM to take 4 points this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post

"After losing 45-17 to Syracuse on Oct. 26, 1996, BC football coach Dan Henning heard that some players might have bet against their own team. He informed the appropriate university officials. As a result, 13 players were suspended for the rest of the season and six were banned permanently. Henning, scarred by both the scandal and a poor 16-19-1 record at BC, resigned at the end of the season."

Why I'll bet there's at least 13 BC hockey players right now with money on UVM to take 4 points this weekend!
                  as long as you only look up scandals that you've been prompted to look for, you should google for "boston college monkey LSD experiment"

it's buried but it's out there.

Comment

University officials, who have been widely criticized for slowness to respond and secretiveness about the hazing allegations, issued a report about the incident Jan. 4. It acknowledged that recruits to the team had been coerced into drinking large amounts of alcohol, parading naked while holding one another's genitals and engaging in other degrading activities.

According to a report on Tuesday in U.S. College Hockey Online, a Web magazine, records of an in-house investigation of the hazing indicated that school officials met with the hockey team in October, two weeks before its rookie initiation party. The meeting, the report said, was prompted by concerns by Corey LaTulippe, then a goalie on the team.

Coach Mike Gilligan said the fault rests with the players.
                    emphasis mine
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      emphasis mine
                      And your point...? That BC does an excellent job handling its scandals? Congrats

Comment

Not that any of this is relevant, but can't we at least focus on hockey "scandals" and not bring up other sports and/or a religion?

Vermont had a hazing incident
                        BC had some scholarship fiasco

Both happened under different coaches.

I will ask UVM fans a question:

What are the keys for your team this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

1. Play with the intensity needed to win games in HE. Against Merrimack and Maine I think they thought they could just go out, skate around, and things would fall into place based on their early results and ranking. They seem to have gotten that straightened out last weekend at home, now they need to take the same mentality on the road.

2. Play smart. They became unraveled after a slew of dumb penalties at MC, Maine, and even the first part of the UML game.

3. Goaltending. BC's playing well and I suspect will put a lot of shots on net. Madore's been solid but not great and Spillane's coming off a shutout and his first action of the season. I'm guessing they'll both play this weekend, Madore Saturday and Spillane Sunday.

Comment

Nice response Texas!

I heading up to Conte tomorrow and look forward to a couple of very competitive games! Nothing profound in this statement but winner of Saturday night's game has huge advantage for Sunday's event.

Vermont got outstanding goal tending in their first match up with the Eagles as Madore was lights out! Home crowd was tremendous, cheered with conviction, and made a difference! Their PK was good and aided by subpar performance by BC PP. As already stated Vermont won many more physical battles along the boards and in BC's offensive zone. Addition of injured players will make Vermont more dangerous offensively then last time we saw them. I really like Milo!

Boston College started many freshman which, as I have learned, not many folks care about as performance expectations for BC players is high from the start and that is understandable. Those same freshman are already playing much better 6 games down the road and that should be evident to Vermont players and fans this weekend. As stated PP came alive over the past weekend and should continue to develop chances albeit not necessarily at the same % clip as I am sure Vermont will be well prepared and penalty adverse. PK has been solid from day one and I look for a "shorty" this weekend!

In the end, as always, goal tending will be critical. I wish for four BC points, would be thrilled with three points, okay with a split, and very disapointed with anything less then two!

Enjoy some spirited play this weekend and have a blast watching some pretty good kids chase their dreams against one another.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Elaborating further.

1. UVM needs to stay out of the penalty box. They have been taking way too many penalties and their PK has been poor all year EXCEPT the one prior game against BC.

2. UVM needs to get their powerplay going. It's been awful all year thus far.

3. Having Milo back is HUGE for the Cats. He scored half their goals last weekend coming off over a month off skates with an injury. Having him back adds significantly to their depth and offensive capability.

4. Forward lines were completely changed last weekend and it created much better depth (see point 3 also) and consistency across the forward lines. We should see the same line combinations again.

5. Leonard, a Junior, played his first two games of his career last weekend. He reminded us fans of Peter Lenes in terms of energy and effort (and size). Nice to see the kid persevere through two years of practice with no game time and then hit the ice and be a difference maker. I suspect he earned another start on Saturday.

6. McCarthy had a great game Sunday centering the 4th line. Showing flashes of being an impact freshman in his fourth game (missed first two games to injury). He should be motivated to make a difference in the house that did not want him this year.

7. Roloff and Vock have been relatively quiet this year although Roloff has been noticeable many games on the ice. Too much PK may be wearing them out. Look for them to get it going soon - hopefully Saturday.

8. Stacey missed a game to illness at Maine and despite scoring a goal last weekend did not seem to have the impact he had in the first three games of the season. Look for him to get it going also.

9. Probably the biggest key is the defense. It's an experienced D with only one freshman and one soph skating regularly (the freshman has played 3 games now I think). They have yet to play a collective decent road game as a unit. They finally got their game together on Sunday and gave up no more than a handful of quality chances. Interestingly, that was with a 5 man rotation after their one senior left the game with an injury about 4 minutes into the game.

10. Cullity is hurt, day to day. The coaching staff considers him a key leader. A few of us fans don't have any clue what goes on interpersonally but think that from an on ice product standpoint that him not playing might be addition by subtractions because he has problems staying out of the box.

11. Our largest player, Dan Lawson, sat both games last weekend. Kind of a shocker to me. I will be very surprised if he's not on the ice this weekend.

Should be a couple of good games. I may shoot down for one.

Comment

Comments on goaltending.

Muse looked awful at UVM a few weeks back.

That was Madore's best game. He has played below expectations before and since that game. I think Sneddon will give Spillane and Madore each a start although I would not be completely shocked if Spillane started Saturday and if he plays well, played on Sunday also. Madore just has not looked good.

Spillane is a good first save goalie but he's and absolute rebound machine so the UVM D will need to keep BC out of the front of the net or well occupied.

Interesting stat. Spillane was 7-2-? last year. Much better win/loss spread than Madore. How do you lose the starting position with that record?

I'm now 3-3 on relevant posts. Have a great weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X