Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

When was this thread ever *not* in the gutter?

Anyway, I'm not even Catholic. So whatever tenuous connection all that crap was supposed to have to me doesn't even exist. Got anything else?
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
      I believe it was the BC crew that brought up the old elephant walk stuff......figured I'd match your class level drop this thread fully into the gutter.
      I fail to see how making things up is equivalent to a discussion of history.

I understand that you are one part hippy, two parts hillbilly; but we are scholars, after all. Unless, of course, you have a source for your allegations that BC was involved in the catholic church sex scandal.

anyway, i'm not one for re-writing history. so, sorry UVM - you made your bed, now you have to lie in it. maybe if your hockey team gave us some other history to talk about, like maybe winning.. something.. anything; we wouldnt have to dwell on their only historically significant event. but we probably still would.

I'm not catholic either, and I'm guessing there are no catholics in the catamount fanbase either, because his "joke" (quotations for spin control) wouldnt be very funny to them. whereas, we all love a good elephant walk joke
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        You don't see a difference between adults on a hockey team acting like idiots and poking fun at child abuse?
        In all fairness in both cases it was adults acting like idiots.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Great thread. It's just too bad charliecatamount isnt around so he could argue that Conte is an off-campus facility much like Aggans.
          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            When was this thread ever *not* in the gutter?

Anyway, I'm not even Catholic. So whatever tenuous connection all that crap was supposed to have to me doesn't even exist. Got anything else?
            If it doesn't apply then why are you responding? I mean I expect my 3 year old to chime in on everything anyone says but jeez man......wait you're not 3 are you?

Comment

anyway. back to hockey talk. important notes and announcements

Vermont arrived in Boston today and had a brief ice session over at Harvard's Bright Center in Cambridge as the basketball floor was down at Conte forum in prepartion for friday's season opener vs Dartmouth. Here is a picture of the team on their way past MIT

*****http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2006/elephants.jpg******

Also, the vermont boosters club would like to invite all catamount fans to pre-game and post-game festivities to be held at the elephant walk restaurant located at 900 beacon street in Boston. The elephant walk serves the finest french dishes this side of canada, and is located just a mere 6.4 kilometers from conte forum.

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dCHAJ5Oj5a8/SOYetZpvvyI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/m90EhqdA2Sk/s200/1578066-Elephant_Walk-Boston.jpg******
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post

anyway, i'm not one for re-writing history. so, sorry UVM - you made your bed, now you have to lie in it. maybe if your hockey team gave us some other history to talk about, like maybe winning.. something.. anything; we wouldnt have to dwell on their only historically significant event. but we probably still would.

I

How about the 4-1 beating they gave BC in recent history? We could talk about that.

Comment

"about" and "to" are two entirely different prepositions with whole separate definitions, just so you're aware. it's true!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    The elephant walk serves the finest french dishes this side of canada, and is located just a mere 6.4 kilometers from conte forum.

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dCHAJ5Oj5a8/SOYetZpvvyI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/m90EhqdA2Sk/s200/1578066-Elephant_Walk-Boston.jpg******
                    it's also located on BU's campus so I'm not sure they'd want to venture near relevant banners until they have to.
                    time to write new history

Comment

..there's always Elephant & Castle in the more friendly confines near Quincy Mkt

http://www.elephantcastle.com/main.html

mean (awesome) brunch this

Well.. should be a good couple gms
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                        I personally am fine with never mentioning the 'elephant walk' ever again.
                        Whoa! Whoa....whoa. Slow down. Can we at least vote on this? Sure, it's fun to play with the new things, but everyone loves a classic once and again.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Fact: Eaves most certainly did run into Exter.

that should keep this gem rolling.
                          "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            Whoa! Whoa....whoa. Slow down. Can we at least vote on this? Sure, it's fun to play with the new things, but everyone loves a classic once and again.
                            Elephant walk's fair game in my book. If Vermont fans want to bring up Tim Thomas (someone's sig), their Frozen Four from the 90s, Lowell's lack of history or whatever else it is hippies find relevant, then they can deal with the elephant walk being brought up.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              How about the 4-1 beating they gave BC in recent history? We could talk about that.
                              Superior teams lose every once in a while to inferior opponents. It happens.
                              Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              In all fairness in both cases it was adults acting like idiots.
                              Uh... I would say adults were involved in both cases, but I wouldn't call child abuse simply "acting like an idiot."
                              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-12-2009, 08:39 PM.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                Vermont fans want to bring up Tim Thomas (someone's sig), .
                                Tim Thomas, Eric Perrin and Marty St. Louis were long gone when the "scandal" took place.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Working...
                                X