Who here actually plays hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here actually plays hockey?

Score the first goal of my career monday night! On the power play and a breakaway, goalie didn't squeeze his legs

Re: Who here actually plays hockey?

I scored my first goal ever because a deaf girl on the other team skated the wrong way and scored on her own goalie, and I was the last person to touch the puck. She couldn't hear her teammates yelling at her to stop.

(this is a completely true story!!! and everyone who just laughed is going to hell )

congrats.

edit: oh yeah. I play beer league with the guys (emphasis on "beer") and on a chick team. I am not any good, but that doesn't really stop me from playing.
    Last edited by jen; 10-16-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I played from kindergarten through 9th grade, but quit because I didn't want to play JV for 2 years then ride the bench my senior year. I started playing again my freshman year at Tech and now I play 2-3 times a week. Our intramural team won our league championship last year too. I love hockey
      Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Yes. Very poorly but I did get to wear a Pro-Tec & Cooperalls in HS. You know you're jealous.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

ha! are you kidding? I'm a fan.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by UAAPhotos View Post
            Score the first goal of my career monday night! On the power play and a breakaway, goalie didn't squeeze his legs
            Was his name Craig Kowalski?

I played a few years in a local roller hockey league when I was in high school, if that counts for anything.
            Michigan Hockey Net
            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

I played IM hockey for a couple years, I was terrible, could hardly skate, but it was a helluva good time! I really wish my parents would have taught me to skate when I was young and introduce me to the game earlier, so I could have played growing up, but I lived about a half an hour from town and the extra travel would have been too much, or so my mom claims.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If you are coming to Detroit for the FF, join us in Ann Arbor for the posters game- http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85605

ALL skill levels welcome. And I do mean all.

Comment

Played since I was 5 until I got cut from my HS team my sophomore year. Played a year of intramurals at UND.

Should we point Jockstock to this thread?
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Hockey?
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I really wish my parents would have taught me to skate when I was young and introduce me to the game earlier, so I could have played growing up
                      Aren't there laws that cover that?

I never played because the very first time I was on skates at age 7 I fell and broke my wrist stepping onto the ice. Didn't even consider skating again until the age of 18 on a dare from a girlfriend. No broken bones the second time but plenty of bumps and bruises... said to heck with it!

So, as far as anyone knows, I coulda been a contenda! Who knows how many Hobey's, scoring titles, and NC's I might have had?
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Every Sunday night November - March, with the other low-functioning geezers. I can't wait.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          I did get to wear a Pro-Tec & Cooperalls in HS...
                          heh, heh, heh. Old salt.

Pretty bad when I google "puckmaster" leather gloves and the first hit is a post I made 2 years ago up here. Wish I had a pic of those puppies!
                          "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
                          sigpic

Comment

I played 3 years in the local house program from PeeWee's through Bantam. Even that expense got to be more than my parents could afford, so I had to give it up. I won our league's sportsmanship and leadership trophy my final year, so I guess I went out on a high note.

Haven't played anything coordinated since, but I still give the beer leagues a thought every now and then.

Comment

I learned to play through the class and IMs at Cornell. Played for a year while I lived in LA, but its too expensive and a PITA to get to in NYC now.

Comment

Working...
                              X