Who here actually plays hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who here actually plays hockey?

There's been a lot of emails from the guy who runs our beer league about stricter checking penalties, etc. There was one that singled out one player as repeatedly offending the rules and getting close to a suspension from the league, they thought he was an ******* who wanted to injure people. Turns out the guy doesn't know how to stop (literally)... and he ended up running into the boards, breaking his leg in multiple places with BONE sticking out. Hope he learned his lesson. Seriously. why would you play hockey, against other people, putting them and yourself in jeopardy, if you can't even stop?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      There's been a lot of emails from the guy who runs our beer league about stricter checking penalties, etc. There was one that singled out one player as repeatedly offending the rules and getting close to a suspension from the league, they thought he was an ******* who wanted to injure people. Turns out the guy doesn't know how to stop (literally)... and he ended up running into the boards, breaking his leg in multiple places with BONE sticking out. Hope he learned his lesson. Seriously. why would you play hockey, against other people, putting them and yourself in jeopardy, if you can't even stop?
      I see it all the time, and I try to avoid them on the ice.

I was hit by a guy who could skate fairly fast, and could stop and turn , but he liked to do all of this with his head down. And he was a heavier guy. He charged directly into my left shoulder one day, when I was going at the net from the blue line (right hand shot), and laid on the ice for a few minutes before being helped off the ice. I haven't seen him on the ice since that day.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Does wearing a mouthgard really do anything to prevent concussions or lessen the severity?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          Does wearing a mouthgard really do anything to prevent concussions or lessen the severity?
          Debatable, IMO. Most you find will focus on saving you dental costs for their sales pitches rather than concussion trauma.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
          X