This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

USHCO.com is looking for nominations for threads that should be included in the USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame. If you feel that a particular thread is Hall-of-Fame worthy, please post a nomination (with the name of the thread included) here.

From the description of the Fan Forum Hall of Fame:

"Some threads just need their own place where those that come later can see. This is that place. Check out some of the threads that we have labeled as worthy of being passed from generation to generation of USCHO.com Fan Forum users."
    USCHO.com Fan Forum Moderator
    Board Guidelines

Re: USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

Half the BCWH threads are legendary
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

I've been told the original Neumann thread was off the charts with popularity. I've been told the architect was MICZamboni and much of the success of the program is due to the attention that this forum has given it.

Comment

Without a doubt...

"The Snack Bar Ain't Open: Dining Recomendations-Fine or Otherwise" thread deserves a place in history

Comment

The Laura Hurd Remeberance thread should be nominated and archived somewhere if it isn't already. I remember visiting the thread some time ago but not sure how I came across it....IIRC idea of the The Laura Hurd Award was born from this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            The Laura Hurd Remeberance thread should be nominated and archived somewhere if it isn't already. I remember visiting the thread some time ago but not sure how I came across it....
            It is here, if you'd like to revisit it.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx View Post
              Without a doubt...

"The Snack Bar Ain't Open: Dining Recommendations-Fine or Otherwise" thread deserves a place in history
              I agree.

Comment

The posters maybe, the threads not so much

Comment

The thread a couple of years back on what you need to know about recruiting had a lot of useful information new people would benefit from.

Comment

Maybe not Hall of Fame material, but I always love reading posts by "fans" (short for fanatic...which to me means someone who supports a cause regardless of the evidence). A few years back there was a poster who tried (tongue in cheek?) to create the impression that the Neumann Div 3 womens program was on the verge of a dynasty. The posts were always entertaining and you were never quite sure whether the (guy/gal) had inside knowledge or was just blowing smoke. Always irresistible reading in any event. Can anyone remind me who that was and whether he/she is still around?

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                      Maybe not Hall of Fame material, but I always love reading posts by "fans" (short for fanatic...which to me means someone who supports a cause regardless of the evidence). A few years back there was a poster who tried (tongue in cheek?) to create the impression that the Neumann Div 3 womens program was on the verge of a dynasty. The posts were always entertaining and you were never quite sure whether the (guy/gal) had inside knowledge or was just blowing smoke. Always irresistible reading in any event. Can anyone remind me who that was and whether he/she is still around?
                      I think that was MICZamboni. The posts and responses were entertaining. The evidence at the time indicated (to me anyway) that there was some smoke being blown.

Camman15 was steadfast in agreement and support of MICZ's impending Neumann dynasty theory.

Best I can recall anyway.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        I think that was MICZamboni. The posts and responses were entertaining. The evidence at the time indicated (to me anyway) that there was some smoke being blown.

Camman15 was steadfast in agreement and support of MICZ's impending Neumann dynasty theory.

Best I can recall anyway.
                        You are correct Brooky. I miss these guys (gals?). The USCHO forums have too much well reasoned analysis of teams and games and not quite enough "fans" (fanatics). Definition of fanatic from no less an authority than Wikipedia , : "marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion". Good description of the (brief) Neumann women's hockey bandwagon.

Comment

"marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion"
                          You paged?
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

You paged?
                            When I saw Hab's post, I was thinking well there are still a few left.

Comment

You are correct Brooky. I miss these guys (gals?). The USCHO forums have too much well reasoned analysis of teams and games and not quite enough "fans" (fanatics). Definition of fanatic from no less an authority than Wikipedia , : "marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion". Good description of the (brief) Neumann women's hockey bandwagon.
                              They were a dynasty. Just a dynasty without the W's!!!
                              "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X