Does anyone miss CCHA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone miss CCHA?

I'm curious if some of you guys missed the old CCHA league? I know I do.... does you like your team playing in new league?
    Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

I don't think there are any people on the boards from a non-NCHC or B1G school that wouldn't want to go back to the CCHA/WCHA setup for their school....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The Big Ten killed college hockey as we know it and it may never recover to what it was.

Comment

Big Ten was inevitable when Terry Pegula decided to buy Penn State a team.

The WCHA and CCHA would have survived just fine without UW, MN, MSU, UM and OSU. The damage was started by UND, Denver, et al when they decided they were too good for smaller WCHA schools and the ripple effect killed the CCHA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think this is a popular opinion, but I don't miss it on the level that many other fans of nWCHA schools seem to. I was POed at first, but I'm more or less over it.

Comment

I am also over it. I just hope the nWCHA positions itself to succeed, not get left behind. Right now I'm not sure that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I miss it but things always change. I've accepted the B1G although grudgingly at first.
              I miss mostly the CCHA banquet and tournament in Detroit. Having the Ren Center as the host hotel all decked out and the conference discount. We fans were basically orphaned by the B1G as far as how they ran the B1G tournament and never were we fans treated as well as the CCHA did for us.
              Even if the CCHA was still around the Joe is gone so again, it wouldn't have the same feel.

Comment

I think what I miss most is the CCHA Tournament and Awards. It was a terrific event that brought out fans from all the schools to interact and enjoy the game. It also the team players and staffs a chance to mix in a way they didn’t really get the chance to during the season.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

As a fan that enjoys traveling to away games, I miss the CCHA. Western, Ferris, Bowling Green were all easy day trips for me. Trips to the U.P. were always fun.

I also miss yelling short jokes at Rico Blasi.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    I also miss yelling short jokes at Rico Blasi.
                    Those jokes must have gone over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Those jokes must have gone over his head.
                      At least he's never looked down on anybody...

Comment

While I miss the CCHA, it's been long enough where the nWCHA has grown on me. We're still playing some combination of Ohio State, Miami State, and Western each year so it doesn't feel all that different from the old days. Getting Michigan and Michigan State on the schedule more regularly is about the only thing missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I miss it but things always change. I've accepted the B1G although grudgingly at first.
                          I miss mostly the CCHA banquet and tournament in Detroit. Having the Ren Center as the host hotel all decked out and the conference discount. We fans were basically orphaned by the B1G as far as how they ran the B1G tournament and never were we fans treated as well as the CCHA did for us.
                          Even if the CCHA was still around the Joe is gone so again, it wouldn't have the same feel.
                          The other part of that coin that I hate is that the B1G could have done the exact same thing as the CCHA/WCHA, altering between the twin cities and Detroit. But they didn't even try to put on a good tournament, and nobody showed up.

Just a little effort would have gone a long way.

I miss playing more in-state teams, and I also miss the championship weekend.

But I do enjoy seeing Wisconsin and Minnesota every year that much. It's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                            While I miss the CCHA, it's been long enough where the nWCHA has grown on me. We're still playing some combination of Ohio State, Miami State, and Western each year so it doesn't feel all that different from the old days. Getting Michigan and Michigan State on the schedule more regularly is about the only thing missing.
                            One of my personal peeves is that as eternal keepers of the Mason Cup BG doesn't have it on display at their arena for us to enjoy the memories.
                            In fact when I inquire NOBODY seems to know where they've stashed it. Perhaps I should start looking for it to show up on Pawn Stars?
                            I can see Rick now, "Well the bad news is it's not real silver, only plated and it's from a conference that no longer exists and nobody cares about so I'll give you fifty bucks for it."
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-17-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Miami. Miami misses the CCHA.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X