Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Basically, that's what the immigration process should resemble: you are "interviewing" for citizenship in this country. It should be that simple.
    Not all immigrants want to become citizens. Some just want green cards or temporary work visas

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Not all immigrants want to become citizens. Some just want green cards or temporary work visas
      He's got all the answers. No sense in arguing.

Meanwhile Rome burns and Liberty weeps.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        Same difference. Make it all one process.

Hey, you passed, now, would you like a green card, work visa, or full blown citizenship?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Culture might have been the wrong word to use, that is my error. Furthermore, racist? Are you assuming all immigrants are a different race than me? THAT sounds racist. Not all immigrants are non-white.
          And no, illegals are not okay until caught. Speeding is still not okay, a speeder just didn't get caught. No matter what we do, there are some illegal immigrants that will slip through the cracks.
          And blood test? I never had to have a blood test to check for drugs for a job interview. I peed into a cup. Basically, that's what the immigration process should resemble: you are "interviewing" for citizenship in this country. It should be that simple.
          Well pre-employment drug testing for jobs is completely pointless so maybe don't use that as the basis for why we should do something equally stupid regarding citizenship...

Comment

Culture might have been the wrong word to use, that is my error. Furthermore, racist? Are you assuming all immigrants are a different race than me? THAT sounds racist. Not all immigrants are non-white.
            And no, illegals are not okay until caught. Speeding is still not okay, a speeder just didn't get caught. No matter what we do, there are some illegal immigrants that will slip through the cracks.
            And blood test? I never had to have a blood test to check for drugs for a job interview. I peed into a cup. Basically, that's what the immigration process should resemble: you are "interviewing" for citizenship in this country. It should be that simple.
            Dude, you are the one suggesting that people assimilate to some standard. And I do find that racist. Not all white people are treated the same way, too.

Don't try to flip this on everyone else, you are the one making the assimilation suggestion. 100% you.

Maybe you should wake up and smell your own coffee.

Comment

Some good news for those with student loans that flew under the radar with yesterday's daily trDumpster fire.
              https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-loans-1063442
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Dude, you are the one suggesting that people assimilate to some standard. And I do find that racist. Not all white people are treated the same way, too.

Don't try to flip this on everyone else, you are the one making the assimilation suggestion. 100% you.

Maybe you should wake up and smell your own coffee.
                That standard being that one is drug-free, is not a criminal, and will be a productive member of society. Yes, that is the standard I would like. Not difficult.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

See?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That standard being that one is drug-free, is not a criminal, and will be a productive member of society. Yes, that is the standard I would like. Not difficult.
                    Yes, because there is No Possible Way that they could ever find drugs once they cross the border into the USA. You could make an argument to maybe drug test the adults, but leave the 7 year olds out of it. Edit: maybe we should just drug test everyone in the country and if they test positive let's deport them to Siberia. Starting with Mr. Adderall in the White House.

Comment

Nice backpedal.

You get offended when people call you out, as if you are not racist, and then backpedal.

Not too much later, you do another one that shows your real colors. lather, rinse, repeat.

Wake up.

Comment

So anyone wondering if the summer camp at the border for the kids is that great...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ebaebd458b46

It's not.

joe, a kid died. You should be outraged. Just reminding you.
                        Still waiting for the ones who claim to have some kind of moral standing to be upset.

First we take kids from their parents, then we put the kids in such great conditions that the eventually did happen- a child died.

How is it that so few are upset about this??? I don't get it.

So hateful to abortion and gay marriage, but it's not outrageous that kids die in our governments possession?

Once again, it does make it easy to dismiss those who pretend to have a moral high ground when they don't do anything about situations like this. Worse if you pretend to have some kind of religious standing- as I'm not aware of any religion that thinks it's ok that kids die after you take them from their parents when they are both trying to legally enter a country.

Comment

Nice backpedal.

You get offended when people call you out, as if you are not racist, and then backpedal.

Not too much later, you do another one that shows your real colors. lather, rinse, repeat.

Wake up.
                          That is not a backpedal. And I take great offense of being labeled a racist. That is pure bullsh*. I have remained consistent on what I would like for legal immigration, including despising what this current administration is doing regarding the immigration issue.

Comment

Not difficult at all to define that condition, much less predict it.

Saying you can effectively determine which applicants are "drug free" in a way that has meaningful prospective value just as absurd.

Comment

Wait...asking people to assimilate to the norms of a society is racist? That might be the most obscenely ridiculous thing I have read all week.

I am not sure I like the idea of a pee test though when they enter background check should suffice.

I find it funny that Rube basically just gave a 3 step immigration process that is easier than anything us liberals have come up with and you are all attacking him for it. For all intents and purposes his policy opens the border if you arent a criminal. No need for special dispensations, no need for asylum...nothing. Just come here, pass a background check, get asked a few questions as to what you plan to do in America and then get your Green Card. (you couldnt just hand them citizenship Rube they would need to be put on a path)

If Obama had done this you all would have been dancing a Jig and I would have been doing it with you. Basically Rube wants to go back to the Ellis Island system.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Not difficult at all to define that condition, much less predict it.

Saying you can effectively determine which applicants are "drug free" in a way that has meaningful prospective value just as absurd.
                                All they have to say is they plan to do "X" and they are in. Hell if a Dem is President they wont even have to do that!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X