Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I'm offended by being accused of something that I am not. I may be an arsehole, but dammed if I'm a racist. This is the last comment to you that I'll make.
    Constantly whining about illegal immigration when it’s economically proven to be a net benefit to our society indicates to me that you have some exterior motive. If it’s not racism then what is it?

And no, “it’s illegal” by itself isn’t a legitimate explanation as to why you’re against something that positively benefits our society as a whole.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.45: The Wall or a Shut Down. Your Choice Pelosi!!!!!!

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Constantly whining about illegal immigration when it’s economically proven to be a net benefit to our society indicates to me that you have some exterior motive. If it’s not racism then what is it?

And no, “it’s illegal” by itself isn’t a legitimate explanation as to why you’re against something that positively benefits our society as a whole.
      Yes, "it's illegal" is a legitimate explanation. And furthermore, by saying what you are saying, you are assuming all immigrants are not white, which in itself is a racist statement. As Handy pointed out, my proposal goes back to the Ellis Island procedure and actually opens up the borders even more than what they are now.

Show up, have a clean record, not be a criminal/drug addict, show some promise that you will be a productive member of society, you are good to go. I fail to see how that is racist in any way, shape, or form.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Yes, "it's illegal" is a legitimate explanation. And furthermore, by saying what you are saying, you are assuming all immigrants are not white, which in itself is a racist statement. As Handy pointed out, my proposal goes back to the Ellis Island procedure and actually opens up the borders even more than what they are now.

Show up, have a clean record, not be a criminal/drug addict, show some promise that you will be a productive member of society, you are good to go. I fail to see how that is racist in any way, shape, or form.
        How do you feel about campaign finance laws?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          How do you feel about campaign finance laws?
          They need a vast overhaul. Many times, as W Kamau Bell explains in his last special, the president spot isn't "won." It's bought. The winner submitted the best bid. It's sick.

To delve further, and this is being said as a smoker, everyone is trying to ban tobacco, or make cigs illegal. Won't happen. Why? Tax money and lobbies. It's horrible. Choose a friggin' side. Politicians follow the dollar, is my point. That is not the best way to run a country, to put it politely.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yes, "it's illegal" is a legitimate explanation.
            No it isn’t because you haven’t explained why something that’s measurably a net benefit to our society is a bad thing.

Comment

Yes, "it's illegal" is a legitimate explanation.
              Why do you hate Rosa Parks?

Comment

No it isn’t because you haven’t explained why something that’s measurably a net benefit to our society is a bad thing.
                It's. Against. The. Law. Hey, lemme go rob a bank and help the homeless with the funds. The ends justifies the means, right? I'm doing something illegal to benefit the greater whole, right? That's what you're saying. Don't worry, I won't hurt anyone, I'm just taking the money. The banks are insured, so no harm there.

It's a silly argument that you are presenting, IMO. And it's fine if you disagree. I'm cool with that. We disagree. We move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Those runaway slaves need to be dealt with!

Comment

It's. Against. The. Law.
                    Well, your user name checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      She paid the price for her actions. She took responsibility for her actions. For that (and the original reason for her actions), I forever respect her. In fact, my CURRENT Facebook status, posted earlier today, directly references her. Ask ANY of my FB friends, and they will state that this is truth:

When someone calls "shotgun", I yell "Rosa Parks", sit in the seat and refuse to move.

Comment

It's. Against. The. Law. Hey, lemme go rob a bank and help the homeless with the funds.
                        Lmfao

Comment

She paid the price for her actions. She took responsibility for her actions. For that (and the original reason for her actions), I forever respect her. In fact, my CURRENT Facebook status, posted earlier today, directly references her. Ask ANY of my FB friends, and they will state that this is truth:

When someone calls "shotgun", I yell "Rosa Parks", sit in the seat and refuse to move.
                          You can't square "it's illegal (therefore legitimate)" with support for Rosa Parks. Her entire point was something being legal as not equating with it being ok.

I say this as a lawyer. Legality (or illegality) has nothing to do with morality or ethics.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            You can't square "it's illegal (therefore legitimate)" with support for Rosa Parks. Her entire point was something being legal as not equating with it being ok.
                            And I've stated, multiple times, that the current immigration situation is not okay, but if immigrants break the current law, they suffer the punishment associated with the current law. Huh, Rosa suffered the punishment for her actions, and helped (eventually) get the law(s) changed. HOPEFULLY, the immigration laws get changed. I hate, really hate, what the current administration is doing right now about immigration. They are going above and beyond the laws, and it's disgusting.

Comment

Should she have suffered those consequences? Should runaway slaves have been prosecuted and returned to their owners?

Because unless the answer to those two questions is “yes” you’re basically just victim blaming people who broke an unjust law.
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-15-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Should she have suffered those consequences? Should runaway slaves have been prosecuted and returned to their owners?
                                Legally? Yes. But those constant rebellions made us look at said laws, and say, "Well, this is effed up." They sacrificed themselves in various ways for the future, and that deserves eternal applause and respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X