No announcement yet.

Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At some point you would think the school would do something to prevent this from reoccurring every season. But that is only because I assume that isn't the branding they are looking for.......
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Re: Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Culture. Starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        They were the refs. Refs don't break up fights. Linesmen do. Refs observe to make sure they get the penalties during a fight. It's been that way for ages in hockey.

I remember a long time ago a bench clearing brawl between Potsdam and Brockport, when they used one ref and two linesmen. The ref went over to the scorers' table, grabbed a clipboard and pen, and watched the whole thing while taking down numbers. That's what he's supposed to do.
        I should have said "Assistant Referees", as linesmen are currently called, but in any case they should have intervened immediately.

So, do you know how much (if any) leeway the NCHA has in meting-out suspensions, etc.?

Comment

They were the refs. Refs don't break up fights. Linesmen do. Refs observe to make sure they get the penalties during a fight. It's been that way for ages in hockey.

I remember a long time ago a bench clearing brawl between Potsdam and Brockport, when they used one ref and two linesmen. The ref went over to the scorers' table, grabbed a clipboard and pen, and watched the whole thing while taking down numbers. That's what he's supposed to do.
          This is correct, however in watching the video the two linesmen were involved breaking up another tussle, so they were "unavailable." One of the two referees should have jumped in on the second fight while the other monitored. It almost makes me wonder if the first (and less severe) dust-up was a diversion for the other one, but that may be carrying the conspiracy a bit too far. The fact Adrian plays Canton next instead of a NCHA game does smell though as to the timing of this incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            So, do you know how much (if any) leeway the NCHA has in meting-out suspensions, etc.?
            I can't speak for the NCHA, but conferences at all levels have handed out further suspensions after the fact when they got to review video. I know the SUNYAC did it a couple of years ago. And, you read about D1 conferences doing it all the time, especially for hits to the head that weren't called properly during the game.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

NCHA responds:
              Names Balsamo 'offensive' player of the week:

http://nchahockey.org/sports/mice/20...WR_DEC_11_1819
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57
                Eric Smevoll and Joshua Hatinger are both chicken $&@# cowards. There’s no reason as to why both of them were standing there with their notepads and scratching their *****es with their pencils as Bachnak tees off on Renda.
                I agree, and I suppose that was to my larger point.

Anyone -regardless of the legalities, or of any BS hockey conventions involved- who just stands around and watches such a beat-down needs to intervene, just by dint of being a human being.

I don't give a s*** what the officials' titles are, or what their bailiwicks' entail in a technical sense ... That was just wrong, and an embarrassment to the game. The zebras let the game down, any way you might choose to parse it.

Call me a "snowflake", but why is this BS acceptable on the ice, but not on the street? That makes zero sense. If that's the standard, well let's allow assault in golf, tennis, and curling. Poker, too. Why does hockey get a free pass?

Stupid beyond belief.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-11-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  I agree, and I suppose that was to my larger point.

Anyone -regardless of the legalities, or of any BS hockey conventions involved- who just stands and watches such a beat down needs to intervene, just by dint of being human.

I don't give a s*** what the officials' titles are, that was just wrong, and an embarrassment to the game.
                  I don't always agree with you, but this is one time I do. This should have been stopped by the officials no matter what their title is. The NCHA needs to review this incident and hand out sanctions. This kind of crap doesn't belong in D3 hockey. Getting non-conference hone games at Arrington could be an issue in the future.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I can't speak for the NCHA, but conferences at all levels have handed out further suspensions after the fact when they got to review video. I know the SUNYAC did it a couple of years ago. And, you read about D1 conferences doing it all the time, especially for hits to the head that weren't called properly during the game.
                    Suspensions should be handed out to both referees. Linesman were busy breaking up the one behind the net and later joined the other fight when they separated the first one BUT the two referees just stood by and watched taking numbers. It took them about 5 seconds to write down those number and should have immediately went in to break up the bigger one. Salve player had his helmet ripped off right away while the Adrain player had his on the entire time. A definite dangerous situation. Finally these players have seen enough hockey to realize when enough is enough and the Adrian player should’ve just stopped after the salve player went to the ice the first time.. Even in the pros there is the unwritten rule of when to stop throwing punches at a defenseless player. NCHA needs to not only look at these two referees but also supplemental discipline for the Adrian player. Lastly iif the Adrian player just puts the puck in the net on the open net instead of taunting and showboating on the empty netter NONE of this happens. It’s already Tuesday and nothing done so far so I don’t think we will see anything more and that’s a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                      Suspensions should be handed out to both referees. Linesman were busy breaking up the one behind the net and later joined the other fight when they separated the first one BUT the two referees just stood by and watched taking numbers. It took them about 5 seconds to write down those number and should have immediately went in to break up the bigger one. Salve player had his helmet ripped off right away while the Adrain player had his on the entire time. A definite dangerous situation. Finally these players have seen enough hockey to realize when enough is enough and the Adrian player should’ve just stopped after the salve player went to the ice the first time.. Even in the pros there is the unwritten rule of when to stop throwing punches at a defenseless player. NCHA needs to not only look at these two referees but also supplemental discipline for the Adrian player. Lastly iif the Adrian player just puts the puck in the net on the open net instead of taunting and showboating on the empty netter NONE of this happens. It’s already Tuesday and nothing done so far so I don’t think we will see anything more and that’s a shame.
                      Let's not forget Adrian also has a college president and head coach who should be stepping in with suspensions it's not just the conference that should have stepped in. IMO, if the college president does not step in and suspend both the player and coach then the president is condoning the act and that tells me all I need to know about the school.

Comment

After looking at box score why am I not surprised that Bachnak was involved? This is the same player that the coach directed to jump our captain last year for no reason. "You're going to fight me whether you like it or not." Finally watched the video and when I see that kid out on the ice with seconds to go chasing people around and then he drags someone out of the pile and pounds him while they're up by 3 I think the intentions are clear. It's not hard to figure out why he's on the ice and it goes right back to the coach as there's a track record here. Same player same coach same crap. There's no reason to put that dirtbag out on the ice at the end unless he had a specfic job to do. You arent fooling anyone Adrian. Also someone needs to tell tough guy Bachnak that pulling off the other guys helmet while leaving your own on is a total puss move but not really I surprise I guess.
                        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

This behavior will not change until Mr. Krug exits the program. What other coach would allow an ejected player to stand just off ice and cheer on his teammates in a premeditated fight? Mr. Balsamo should have been in the locker room and his coach should have been telling his teammates to just admire the scoreboard for their last 17 seconds on the ice. Adrian is simultaneously the most talented and most embarrassing team in the NCHA every year. Every time they play my favorite team I’m relieved when the game ends without someone getting seriously injured. Get over yourselves Adrian. Yes you got left out of the NCAA tournament somewhat unfairly your first two years (also the two years your current coach was on the ice for you), but it’s time start acting like a top flight d3 program and not a butt-hurt kindergartner who had his favorite toy taken away from him.

Comment

I know the Salve goalie in general is a hot head from seeing him the last three seasons but never seen Salve start up brawls as they are a "BIG" team with 14 guys 6'1 or bigger.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

It's obvious the school couldn't care less what anyone thinks of its image. Why else would they have appealed the NCAA sanctions handed down 2 years ago? It is also obvious that they have no intention of changing the culture.
                              What is truly sad is they absolutely know the difference, in the Primelink they did not engage in this kind of behavior.
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Has anyone contacted the school and stated your displeasure with things? If not, keep the speculation out of it.
                                Theres things other programs do that are unsavory sometimes, but they dont get called out about it. A couple of posters on here are giving a lot of good kids a bad name and its undeserving.

Comment

Working...
                                X