Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Black Bear since D-2

Re: Salve Regina @ Adrian 12-8-18

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Well, technically, they were "disqualifications" (as opposed to game misconducts) according to the boxscore, which are automatic suspensions under NCAA rules.
    A "fighting" DQ includes the game in question and the next one as well, IIRC... Ergo, Balsamo will miss 60:04 of actual ice-time. No doubt that fact figured-into his calculus when he went ape- s*** in the closing seconds.

This particular transgression was so beyond the pale that some body or the other needs to sit him for an extended number of games, if you ask me. If he gets off with simply missing a single game, that sends the wrong message entirely. I wouldn't object to seeing him suspended for the season, as a matter of fact.

That beat-down was a criminal act. Why it would be tolerated in our game is beyond me. Truly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    A "fighting" DQ includes the game in question and the next one as well, IIRC... Ergo, Balsamo will miss 60:04 of actual ice-time. No doubt that fact figured-into his calculus when he went ape- s*** in the closing seconds.

This particular transgression was so beyond the pale that some body or the other needs to sit him for an extended number of games, if you ask me. If he gets off with simply missing a single game, that sends the wrong
    message entirely. I wouldn't object to seeing him suspended for the
    season, as a matter of fact.

That beat-down was a criminal act. Why it would be tolerated in our game is beyond me. Truly.
    Balsamo only got a misconduct and wIl not be missing any games. It was #23 Bachnak who was in the fight. He got the 5-10- and 10 DQ

who the hello?
    You and I often butt heads, but I absolutely agree with you here. That was assault.

The inaction of those referees is inexcusable.

This particular transgression was so beyond the pale that some body or the other needs to sit him for an extended number of games, if you ask me. If he gets off with simply missing a single game, that sends the wrong message entirely. I wouldn't object to seeing him suspended for the season, as a matter of fact.

I think full season is a bit much as its not like there haven't been fights before but wow that was bad. I think the DQ plus a couple more might make sense but after watching that I also think that if the league does nothing or issues no statement on this at all that its leadership is a joke and its member institutions should be ashamed. Otherwise congratulations NCHA you have the biggest joke in div 3 hockey in your league and do nothing at all about it. which makes me wonder who the joke then really is.

who the hello?

Their league affiliation isn’t the problem, the culture at their school is.

They were pulling this same crap back when they were beating up on the old MCHA and post-season play was a pipe dream for them (anyone remember Minnesota-Crookston?)

Hopefully some future recruits find this message board and see this thread to get an idea about the culture of this program.

who the hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by d3hockey57 View Post
    Hopefully some future recruits find this message board and see this thread to get an idea about the culture of this program.
    Actually, the school is probably a blast for recruits to visit (especially if the recruits academic prospects are less than stellar.) Seems to me hockey players are allowed to do whatever they want there.

Watch them hang 10 on Finlandia or Lawrence, get wasted at the hockey house, maybe bully a nerd or two late night...

What could be better for the type of 20 year old AC seems to always attract?

Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    Actually, the school is probably a blast for recruits to visit (especially if the recruits academic prospects are less than stellar.) Seems to me hockey players are allowed to do whatever they want there.

Watch them hang 10 on Finlandia or Lawrence, get wasted at the hockey house, maybe bully a nerd or two late night...

What could be better for the type of 20 year old AC seems to always attract?
    From what I've seen of programs that do this stuff (not just hockey), they'll be allowed to continue until they go ahead and start assaulting their own students, at which point the AD will keep it quiet, kick some underclassmen off the team immediately and then quietly encourage the HC to find another job over the summer.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    I'm assuming you were there. What was your assessment of the fight and the events leading thereto?
    Every team has their own style of play.
    Its just part of the Adrian culture. You can see it by the crowd reaction. The announcer being amused by it all. The players and how they carry themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    Its just part of the Adrian culture. You can see it by the crowd reaction. The announcer being amused by it all. The players and how they carry themselves
    That "culture" certainly does not belong in D3Hockey.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    We're not talking about "style of play" here. The BS the other night was sucker-punch cowardice. it wasn't hockey, it was utter horse-s***.

So what’s the over-under that Adrian tries to fight players on the U.S. National Under-18 January 8th? Hopefully Jack Hughes is still recovering from a world junior championship, and is held out of this game because it wouldn’t surprise me if Krug tries to make a name for himself, and tells his players to go after the potential 2019 number one overall pick.

Thread Information