RPI @ Brown, Saturday, 12/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Brown, Saturday, 12/8

OK here it goes-I watched the entire girl's hockey game today and have to admit it was phenomenal! They won with a goal with 1 second left! But what i saw all game was just great. I think our boy's team and coaching should have watched this one. The passing was precise, the girls were very ice aware and played as a team throughout. Rarely was there an uncovered opponent and moving the puck out of the zone and up ice seemed effortless. Everyone on the ice just seemed to know where to find the open girl and get the puck to her. I realize this is an entirely different game played at a different speed so you have to make many adjustments, but it was great to watch a team play as a cohesive unit,
    BTW i am not sure what the refs call and do not call as penalties but just as in the boy's game, they let a lot go on the QU side. Finally, I think we should make a motion to put Selander in net (on the boy's team)!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      OK here it goes-I watched the entire girl's hockey game today and have to admit it was phenomenal! They won with a goal with 1 second left! But what i saw all game was just great. I think our boy's team and coaching should have watched this one. The passing was precise, the girls were very ice aware and played as a team throughout. Rarely was there an uncovered opponent and moving the puck out of the zone and up ice seemed effortless. Everyone on the ice just seemed to know where to find the open girl and get the puck to her. I realize this is an entirely different game played at a different speed so you have to make many adjustments, but it was great to watch a team play as a cohesive unit,
      BTW i am not sure what the refs call and do not call as penalties but just as in the boy's game, they let a lot go on the QU side. Finally, I think we should make a motion to put Selander in net (on the boy's team)!
      Seems only fair that the women should contribute Selander for a few games, as repayment for having stolen Vines from the men's team.

Comment

I want to post two things.

1. Selander played on a boys team in Sweden. A matter of fact she wrote that some of her former teammates had played with Liljegren on some other teams.

2. Perhaps the RPI men's team should have promoted Vines to head coach instead of looking elsewhere.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
          Seems only fair that the women should contribute Selander for a few games, as repayment for having stolen Vines from the men's team.
          Seriously HAB, this group of girls was playing against a bigger (but not faster) perhaps better team and simply played the proper committee style for both offense and defense. Although Selander faced 40+ shots, most were clear for her to see and the rebounds swept aside. They just seemed to be in the proper position most of the time to receive a pass or clear a puck. Contrast that to the last few years on the men's side where we just seem to be making all the wrong decisions. We shoot when we should pass and vice versa. We spoil virtually every odd man rush up ice by over thinking or under thinking the play. Our women's team today (of course in a slower motion) looked like almost every opponent we play on the men's side. They actually seem to anticipate where their teammates are and force turnovers and create chances.
          Either they made a big impression on me today or it is the vodka gimlet speaking.

Comment

The only different calls between men's and women's is that women are not permitted to body check (minor), but angling is permitted. Definitely much more of a fundamentals game. Only got to see a little bit here and there, but good to see we pulled out a win, especially against a team we've had difficulty with in the past.

Selander has international experience. Don't know if she'll see action in the 2022 games (would certainly be deserving if she keeps this up), but she's definitely cream of the crop.

Comment

Ralph: #1 I knew about but did not even consider and #2 was one of my top choices!

Comment

Seriously HAB, this group of girls was playing against a bigger (but not faster) perhaps better team and simply played the proper committee style for both offense and defense. Although Selander faced 40+ shots, most were clear for her to see and the rebounds swept aside. They just seemed to be in the proper position most of the time to receive a pass or clear a puck. Contrast that to the last few years on the men's side where we just seem to be making all the wrong decisions. We shoot when we should pass and vice versa. We spoil virtually every odd man rush up ice by over thinking or under thinking the play. Our women's team today (of course in a slower motion) looked like almost every opponent we play on the men's side. They actually seem to anticipate where their teammates are and force turnovers and create chances.
                Either they made a big impression on me today or it is the vodka gimlet speaking.
                I'd say the gimlet. Hope Jenny hasn't caught wind you were checking out 40 late teenage to early 20's women...

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph: #1 I knew about but did not even consider and #2 was one of my top choices!
                    #2 I'd have to disagree on. If you're going to be firing a coach, you don't just go hire the assistant, because you're just going to get same **** different day. Coach Smith has very much approached this properly, bringing in his own players that will turn the corner for our team and put it in a good direction, because the previous one just wasn't working.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        It looks like Moore is dressed rather than Hallbauer, despite what the list of scratches states.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          (lineup)
                          Surprised Burke isn't in this one. Are things worse than what we thought?
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-08-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Nothing from WRPI yet. Might as well start looking for backups...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I'd say the gimlet. Hope Jenny hasn't caught wind you were checking out 40 late teenage to early 20's women...
                              You know by now I look. I must say every year our team has more going for it than many others!

Comment

It's crap quality but it's music!

Comment

Working...
                                X