Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to attempt to publish a PairWise ranking for D III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone going to attempt to publish a PairWise ranking for D III?

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    In addition to appendix A, USCHO has confirmed that the formula will be identical to D-I.

It's about time that the NCAA tournament field and pairings was not manipulated. Maybe the retirement of a prominent coach is part of that.
    Not sure about the last point, since said coach hasn't been on the committee lately, but the death of RNK does remove the smoky room effect and is a very important improvement.

Teams can go into the league playoff season and know what they have to do to make thee NCAAs - win out, get to the finals to have a shot, or whatever. That is how it should be.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Not sure about the last point, since said coach hasn't been on the committee lately, but the death of RNK does remove the smoky room effect and is a very important improvement.

Teams can go into the league playoff season and know what they have to do to make thee NCAAs - win out, get to the finals to have a shot, or whatever. That is how it should be.
      I'm hopeful that this site will put-up a PW Predictor as they do for D-1. Then we all can easily run every possible scenario, before the fact.

Comment

PairWise is now live: https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...ngs/d-iii-men/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
          PairWise is now live: https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...ngs/d-iii-men/

Thank you, kind sir!
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Who had Fredonia fourth? I certainly think they haven't been getting the attention they probably deserve in the USCHO and d3hockey.com polls but I didn't think they'd be that high.
            Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 01-16-2019, 01:07 PM.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Who had Fredonia fourth?
              Guess SUNYAC is a stronger league than any of us suspected? Just like the old ECAC West? In all seriousness, that's not a very impressive schedule they've played. The only sniff of ranked teams on that schedule are the games with Geneseo and Oswego.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

It's looking like the WIAC is going to steal the at large bid normally reserved for the NCHA runner up this year.
                5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  Guess SUNYAC is a stronger league than any of us suspected? Just like the old ECAC West? In all seriousness, that's not a very impressive schedule they've played. The only sniff of ranked teams on that schedule are the games with Geneseo and Oswego.
                  Makes sense with the SUNY doing really well in the UCHC cross over games this year. NEHC is very strong too. Just lacking the top level team that Geneseo/Oswego are. NEHC’s top 6 is the strongest the league has ever been and the 7th place team has beat two teams while they’ve been ranked top 15 in country.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Makes sense with the SUNY doing really well in the UCHC cross over games this year. NEHC is very strong too. Just lacking the top level team that Geneseo/Oswego are. NEHC’s top 6 is the strongest the league has ever been and the 7th place team has beat two teams while they’ve been ranked top 15 in country.
                    The old ECAC-W would have benefited from a PWR to determine Pool C in many past seasons, in terms of garnered NCAA bids... Ironically, it morphed into the UCHC to that end, and is a far weaker conference as a result. (And yes, that's on RIT!)

As far as the top-end of SUNYAC goes, I could easily see any of the 3 aforementioned winning it all. Point is the best team I've seen this year, but not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      (And yes, that's on RIT!)
                      Ha! But also Hobart.

Comment

Norwich jumps up four spots in the Pairwise Rankings with last night's win to 11th, including jumping THREE league opponents in Hobart, NEC and Babson.

A win or a tie today against UMass Boston could potentially jump into the top 10 with some help.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich jumps up to 9th in the Pairwise with the sweep of Babson/UMass Boston.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Nice rebound weekend for Norwich for sure

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                              Nice rebound weekend for Norwich for sure
                              Norwich is quietly 4-0-2 in the second semester with 3 wins over top-15 ranked teams and a tie with another one.

The Cadets’ SOS this year is VERY strong. Part of the reason why their so high in the pairwise.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Now 7th.

Comment

Working...
                                X