Clear All

Re: Trophy hunting scum

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Wow. Find me one article that reports a wild wolf or pack attacking a human
    LOL, a dumb azz from Schitcago, I should have known
    if you people weren't so stupid you'd be dangerous

https://www.adn.com/outdoors/article...ys/2011/12/07/

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...nted-by-wolves

I've only been attacked by a wolf once, when I was out for a snow shoe hike on New Years Day along the Border Route Trail ( parallels Canada US border) in northern MN (has more wolves than the rest of lower 48 combined). I use old ski poles when I go and they came in handy. A wolf with straggly mostly black fur jumped out on the trail about 10-15 feet in front of me and snarled viciously, I immediately put both poles behind me in case another was going to attack me from behind and also so I could swing the pole at it if it lunged at me. When it took a step forward it saw that I was ready for attach and it jumped back into the woods and disappeared.
    Tell me again wolves are afraid of people and do not attack, this particular wolf was huge, I would have had a heluva time fighting him off if he had attacked.

My last trip to Montana I slept with my 12 ga loaded with slugs, call me afraid if you want, I slept like a baby. No way would I camp in brown bear country without something more than bear spray, I'll gladly pay the fine rather than be mauled. And if some lefty SOB complains, wouldn't hesitate shootin' him too

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post

I've only been attacked by a wolf once, when I was out for a snow shoe hike on New Years Day along the Border Route Trail ( parallels Canada US border) in northern MN (has more wolves than the rest of lower 48 combined). I use old ski poles when I go and they came in handy. A wolf with straggly mostly black fur jumped out on the trail about 10-15 feet in front of me and snarled viciously, I immediately put both poles behind me in case another was going to attack me from behind and also so I could swing the pole at it if it lunged at me. When it took a step forward it saw that I was ready for attach and it jumped back into the woods and disappeared.
      Tell me again wolves are afraid of people and do not attack, this particular wolf was huge, I would have had a heluva time fighting him off if he had attacked.

My last trip to Montana I slept with my 12 ga loaded with slugs, call me afraid if you want, I slept like a baby. No way would I camp in brown bear country without something more than bear spray, I'll gladly pay the fine rather than be mauled. And if some lefty SOB complains, wouldn't hesitate shootin' him too
      Why would you ever walk out your front door?
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Mental illness left untreated is scary.

Comment

In before pokecheck trots out the "liberalism is a mental disorder" cliche.

Comment

Even when I voted gop (an unfortunately misguided time in my life) I still cared for nature/animals and had major problems with both trophy hunting and hunting in general where the goal isn’t to obtain food.

I’ve read up a bit and yes, in North America there have been wolf attacks on occasion. Not nearly as many as mountain lion or bear attacks but there have been some cases. When you read up on them two factors are largely responsible: scarce resources (wolves are starving) and rabies.

Also, I don’t want to be too much of a dick but since you brought it up: i was a republican for my first 40-42 years. I’m 46 now and vote democrat or independent. You know what changed? I stopped watching tv and listening to talk radio and began reading. As much as I hate to say this (as someone of Cuban descent), The Motorcycle Diaries planted the seeds to my conversion to liberalism. Call me what you want, I give no ****s about that but understand that in the end caring for nature or the planet as a whole or people, should not be a political statement. It should be a human statement imo.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

My chances of dying in a mass shooting (not to mention in a car crash) are a heck of a lot greater than being eaten by a wolf or bear. Just saying...
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I thought this was going to be about Boba Fett, given who started the thread.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I thought this was going to be about Boba Fett, given who started the thread.
                  His backpack's got jets.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Even when I voted gop (an unfortunately misguided time in my life) I still cared for nature/animals and had major problems with both trophy hunting and hunting in general where the goal isn’t to obtain food.

I’ve read up a bit and yes, in North America there have been wolf attacks on occasion. Not nearly as many as mountain lion or bear attacks but there have been some cases. When you read up on them two factors are largely responsible: scarce resources (wolves are starving) and rabies.

Also, I don’t want to be too much of a dick but since you brought it up: i was a republican for my first 40-42 years. I’m 46 now and vote democrat or independent. You know what changed? I stopped watching tv and listening to talk radio and began reading. As much as I hate to say this (as someone of Cuban descent), The Motorcycle Diaries planted the seeds to my conversion to liberalism. Call me what you want, I give no ****s about that but understand that in the end caring for nature or the planet as a whole or people, should not be a political statement. It should be a human statement imo.
                    that's great, for further improvement, stay away from here, although perhaps like me, this is the only thread you've looked at in months
                    all you have to do is look at the responses of your fellow eunuchs

Ernesto was somebody I admired when younger, and in fact still do. He was too idealistic and romantic for his own good, but I give him credit for getting out in the world rather than sitting around and learning about the world through books ( or if today like you eunuchs, online). In high school each week in one of my classes a student would give talks on somebody they felt was making or made an impact on the world, I chose Guevara. And I lucked out in college in that the Motorcycle Diaries came out at the same time I was taking Spanish and consequently was able to use the book and movie to help learn Spanish. That it is one of my favorite books made it even better. The movie wasn't bad either.

But to get back to wolves, it is only a matter of time before a person is attacked by a wolf here in MN, they have already taken pets. Like bears, once they associate humans with food they see them as a food source and lose their fear. You say you care about people, well save some for the child or person who is the first to experience death by wolf.
                    I understand you people who never get out in the world read that wolves are afraid of people, and if it says so on the internet (or NY Times) it must be true.

Comment

that's great, for further improvement, stay away from here, although perhaps like me, this is the only thread you've looked at in months

Ernesto was somebody I admired when younger, and in fact still do. He was too idealistic and romantic for his own good, but I give him credit for getting out in the world rather than sitting around and learning about the world through books ( or if today like you eunuchs, online). In high school each week in one of my classes a student would give talks on somebody they felt was making or made an impact on the world, I chose Guevara. And I lucked out in college in that the Motorcycle Diaries came out at the same time I was taking Spanish and consequently was able to use the book and movie to help learn Spanish. That it is one of my favorite books made it even better. The movie wasn't bad either.

But to get back to wolves, it is only a matter of time before a person is attacked by a wolf here in MN, they have already taken pets. Like bears, once they associate humans with food they see them as a food source and lose their fear. You say you care about people, well save some for the child or person who is the first to experience death by wolf.
                      I understand you people who never get out in the world read that wolves are afraid of people, and if it says so on the internet (or NY Times) it must be true.

Comment

Jesus dude.

https://youtu.be/_qCcSQPh2Bc

https://youtu.be/_qCcSQPh2Bc
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I realize the law means nothing to you lefties, but if you are going to be mad at someone, be mad at the people who made the law and are in charge of “managing” wildlife”. The hunter was within the law.
                          I wonder what your reaction would be if a predator took your dog, your child, or you. Coyotes take dogs, mountain lions take people, as do bears, and even wolves. How would you like to be mauled and eaten alive by a bear? How would you like a mountain lion to jump on your back and put his mouth around your neck or a wolf pack rip you apart while allive?
                          As the range of wolves increases interactions between wolves and people and their pets will increase. Wolves are taking dogs, how long do you think it will be before they take kids and eventually adults? It is a changed world from 1800. If you sissies are willing to let a predator take your dog or your kid, then fine, let’s protect predators. If not, then we’ll have to allow people to hunt them.
                          Dope.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I'd imagine one of the problems leading to the increase in wolf presence around humans is that they are very much a pack animal. When member(s) get ostracized from their pack or when the pack leaders are hunted/killed, other packs are generally unwilling to absorb non-family wolves. Thus, the pack-less wolves have to seek out food in non-conventional ways.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That's nothing: they'll be stealing our jobs (away from Mexicans) after they eat our kids.

Comment

But to get back to wolves, it is only a matter of time before a person is attacked by a wolf here in MN, they have already taken pets. Like bears, once they associate humans with food they see them as a food source and lose their fear.
                                That's wrong.

So we should be a downright jerk to everyone because others might treat us like bs? We should be a racist just in case there is a black implemented race war? We should nuke because they have been uppity and might push the button?
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X