Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy hunting scum

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c03eec6e4b0606a15b63d33/amp

I just cannot abide this nonsense. Why do “hunters” in America target Wolves? If we didn’t **** up the ecosystem by killing Wolves, bears and mountain lions, bipedal hunters would be wholly unnecessary.

I want to be the Catcher In The Rye for Wolves, elephants, dolphins, all of them.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Re: Trophy hunting scum

Fu**ing disgusting.

I did a couple research papers in HS and college about wolves and how (some) humans misunderstood them and continued the misconceptions to this day. They're intelligent creatures. And like any wild animal, avoid them and they'll avoid you.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Fu**ing disgusting.

I did a couple research papers in HS and college about wolves and how (some) humans misunderstood them and continued the misconceptions to this day. They're intelligent creatures. And like any wild animal, avoid them and they'll avoid you.
      Yes. Wolves are an Invaluable part of the North American ecosystem and to be honest if I were hiking in a remote area I would not fear wolves whatsoever unless I had a dog with me. The fear of wolves has always been perplexing to me.

This particular wolf’s morther was also killed by a hunter a few years back.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Yeah. Dumb.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          If we didn’t **** up the ecosystem by killing Wolves, bears and mountain lions, bipedal hunters would be wholly unnecessary.
          Wolf and elephant hunting is dumb. The bolded, however, is your opinion and not reality.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Wolf and elephant hunting is dumb. The bolded, however, is your opinion and not reality.
            It’s my opinion yes, however if wolf, mountain lion and bear numbers in say Wisconsin were not managed (well dnr still denies mountain lions are back) I suspect they’d flourish and manage our deer (and elk) population in a way that would make deer season superfluous.

Comment

It does seem like its tough to be a large animal in the US these days.

Famed Yellowstone Wolf 'Spitfire' Killed by Trophy Hunter, Calls for Hunt-Free Buffer Outside Park Arise Again
              A wolf known and loved by Yellowstone visitors and staff was shot and killed.

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-1...re-926f-killed
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Too bad the elephants stopped charging.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/752409...ges-video/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  It’s my opinion yes, however if wolf, mountain lion and bear numbers in say Wisconsin were not managed (well dnr still denies mountain lions are back) I suspect they’d flourish and manage our deer (and elk) population in a way that would make deer season superfluous.
                  Yeah, and the bevy of deer that live in the cities? Or the livestock that would now need additional protection?

I’ll leave this one up to those in the field.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Yeah, and the bevy of deer that live in the cities? Or the livestock that would now need additional protection?

I’ll leave this one up to those in the field.
                    I don’t care about livestock.

Deer in cities would be far less frequent as their numbers would be managed by natural predators. In Wisconsin the dnr manages wolves by having a culling of wolves to keep them at a certain number. You know why? Hunters need to be able to kill deer and elk too. All about the $ not nature.

This is but one reason why humans imo should not attempt to control predator numbers: https://youtu.be/ysa5OBhXz-Q

In Yellowstone the past two years the elk population has collapsed. Wolves suffered and their corresponding numbers have declined as well. Nature balancing itself.

Comment

Here's a couple articles showing that wolves killing livestock is rare and killing the wolves themselves is counterproductive:

U.S. Fish and Wildlife reports for those states show that in 2014, wolves killed 136 head of cattle, or 1 cow out of every 44,853. In the same three states, 820,000 sheep live. U.S. Fish and Wildlife reports show that in 2014, wolves killed 114 sheep, or 1 in every 7,193.

https://www.livingwithwolves.org/por...tle-and-sheep/

From Smithsonian: Killing Wolves Actually Leads to More Livestock Deaths

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ath-180953605/
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

I realize the law means nothing to you lefties, but if you are going to be mad at someone, be mad at the people who made the law and are in charge of “managing” wildlife”. The hunter was within the law.
                        I wonder what your reaction would be if a predator took your dog, your child, or you. Coyotes take dogs, mountain lions take people, as do bears, and even wolves. How would you like to be mauled and eaten alive by a bear? How would you like a mountain lion to jump on your back and put his mouth around your neck or a wolf pack rip you apart while allive?
                        As the range of wolves increases interactions between wolves and people and their pets will increase. Wolves are taking dogs, how long do you think it will be before they take kids and eventually adults? It is a changed world from 1800. If you sissies are willing to let a predator take your dog or your kid, then fine, let’s protect predators. If not, then we’ll have to allow people to hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          I realize the law means nothing to you lefties, but if you are going to be mad at someone, be mad at the people who made the law and are in charge of “managing” wildlife”. The hunter was within the law.
                          I wonder what your reaction would be if a predator took your dog, your child, or you. Coyotes take dogs, mountain lions take people, as do bears, and even wolves. How would you like to be mauled and eaten alive by a bear? How would you like a mountain lion to jump on your back and put his mouth around your neck or a wolf pack rip you apart while allive?
                          As the range of wolves increases interactions between wolves and people and their pets will increase. Wolves are taking dogs, how long do you think it will be before they take kids and eventually adults? It is a changed world from 1800. If you sissies are willing to let a predator take your dog or your kid, then fine, let’s protect predators. If not, then we’ll have to allow people to hunt them.
                          it must suck to live your life so scared of everything

Comment

Then don't live where the wildlife will eat you. Or, if you do live where the wildlife can eat you, be aware. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I grew up on a half section of rural Michigan farm and wilderness. I wasn't gripped with fear that a bear, wolf, coyote, cougar, or whatever else was going to eat me for playing in the back 40.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wow. Find me one article that reports a wild wolf or pack attacking a human where rabies was not involved. Wolves fear humans and with good reason.
                              Wolves just don’t attack people unless the circumstance may be rabies, or you surprise a pack with young ones to protect.

In Alaska, yes wolves have killed dogs like they kill coyotes because they consider them competition.

However that is exceedingly rare and there are stories like this: https://youtu.be/eie7WJF0aY0

And numerous others of wolves befriending dogs.

As for bear and mountain lions i’m sorry but when you hike, mountain bike, jog or otherwise enter areas where they reside you must know the rules. Wear something that makes noise so a bear can here it before they see you, bring bear spray etc. excersize caution and awareness. When attacks DO happen I would never call for killing the animal unless they’re rabid or have developed a pattern of attacking humans.

It’s like the PhD’s who go swimming in Florida and someone is attacked by an alligator or shark and the rednecks go and kill 10 gators or 5-6 sharks. Why? If you enter their world know you’re at risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X