Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trophy hunting scum

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    I see far more wolf tracks and scat than I do from dogs, if that gives you any frame of reference. The trails here literally look like an interstate from all the tracks, deer tracks cross the trails and rarely follow them, wolves tend to follow them more.

Normal? no, but it will happen more and more as they come to learn humans and sources of food go hand in hand.
    When?

A 2002 report prepared for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game found no human deaths in North America attributed to wild, healthy wolves since at least 1900.

This generation has seen 13,000 accidental deaths due to guns yet 2 wolf fatalities. Wolves are nothing to wet them over.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

While pokechecker may have seen a lone wolf a few years ago, I'd venture that coyotes are more his problem.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Here’s a good article: http://www.timberwolfinformation.org...cks-on-humans/
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Huh. Who knew a couple of people from Chicago *do* know more about wolves than our so-called expert here on the board?

*edit* Also, that's a good article which continues to back up our point: wolf attacks are less likely than winning the Powerball and it was an ostracized lone wolf.
          Last edited by aparch; 12-10-2018, 12:18 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also, maybe the only way to stop these "increasing" wolf attacks (according to pokechecker) is if every person has their own wolf they can carry with them. But we also need to allow ourselves to be protected from wolves while in public, so we'll need some sort of conceal carry permit for our personal wolves... the only way to stop a bad lone wolf is with a good wolf.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Its a known fact that excessive noise scares off animals including wolves.

Simple noise maker is hundreds of times safer than a gun.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                When?

A 2002 report prepared for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game found no human deaths in North America attributed to wild, healthy wolves since at least 1900.

This generation has seen 13,000 accidental deaths due to guns yet 2 wolf fatalities. Wolves are nothing to wet them over.
                LOL, 16 years ago!!!

do you even know how to use Google?

Comment

obviously you'll never be attacked, I don't think a wolf will ever go in your mother's basement
                  Good one!

Except you’re the one that sounds like too much of a ***** to leave your mommy’s sight

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    I’ve been reading about wolves, behavior, conservation etc for 30 years. And i’ll Tell you this again, when I go in the woods my fears in this order are: mountain lion, bear. End of list. Wolf attacks are so rare in North America and particularly rare in the u.s as to say you’d have better odds of winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning twice in your lifetime.

And for the record I live in Milwaukee. Born in Chicago, lived there for 14 years on and off. What the hell does that have to do with knowledge of wolves?
                    why didn't you say so, that changes everything!!!
                    it doesn't matter if you read books in Milwaukee or Chicago
                    it does make a difference though, if you actually get out in the world where the wolves are
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 12-10-2018, 01:03 PM. Reason: next he'll be telling us the wolf movie he saw makes him an expert

Comment

... if you actually get out in the world where the wolves are
                      Ooooooorrrrr..... you could stop interfering with where wolves live and go hike elsewhere?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Its a known fact that excessive noise scares off animals including wolves.

Simple noise maker is hundreds of times safer than a gun.
                        when it comes to simple, I'm sure you are the expert

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Ooooooorrrrr..... you could stop interfering with where wolves live and go hike elsewhere?
                          next you'll be telling me to not wear DEET and leave the mosquitoes alone
                          you eunuchs would be funny if the consequences of your idiocy wasn't so serious

Comment

you eunuchs would be funny if the consequences of your idiocy wasn't so serious
                            Mosquitoes are a much bigger threat to you than wolves or even bears or mountain lions. People hike in areas with large predators all the time. Attacks are rare. You should spend your time worrying about other things and stop being such a p ussy

Comment

LOL, 16 years ago!!!

do you even know how to use Google?
                              This generation has seen 13,000 accidental deaths due to guns yet 2 wolf fatalities. Wolves are nothing to get wet over.
                              Last edited by 5mn_Major; 12-10-2018, 03:18 PM.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Wrong.

Use DEET to your hearts content. I do. I also give my dogs a heartworm preventative because heartworm is also transferred through mosquitos.

Speaking of heartworm, it's likely more of a killer of wolves than wolves are to humans.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X