• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've noticed there're no weekend series threads of late

Simple question: Any theories on this?

Re: I've noticed there're no weekend series threads of late

Originally posted by owslachief View Post

..we're getting old, & the new kids.. they are all on social media..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      ..we're getting old, & the new kids.. they are all on social media..
      Forums, in general, are dieing. Almost every forum I'm on (carries subject matter) has a very similar thread to this.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
        Forums, in general, are dieing. Almost every forum I'm on (carries subject matter) has a very similar thread to this.
        I'd better explore this social media thing then. Kids - they seem to like the Rock & Roll too.

Comment

I don't know about anybody else, but USCHO hasn't made it incredibly easy to continue using this platform. I had to spend several months working with their admins, I used to post somewhat frequently back 2010-2013 but went on a short hiatus and when I tried to come back, the platform had shifted and I didn't have access to my old log in. Not sure if that's affecting anybody else, but it made it hard for me for some time.
          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
            I think a bigger reason, at least as far as hockey east teams go, is that the popularity has dropped way off in the last 15 years or so. It seemed like the 2004 FF in Boston was the high water mark for the league and since has been on a continual decline. I’m a Maine fan though so maybe my view is a little skewed.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'd better explore this social media thing then. Kids - they seem to like the Rock & Roll too.
              But don't you know, Rock & Roll is a product of the Devil himself!

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                I don't know about anybody else, but USCHO hasn't made it incredibly easy to continue using this platform. I had to spend several months working with their admins, I used to post somewhat frequently back 2010-2013 but went on a short hiatus and when I tried to come back, the platform had shifted and I didn't have access to my old log in. Not sure if that's affecting anybody else, but it made it hard for me for some time.
                Yep, I get kicked off for a new password so often, and I have to think about it whether to set a new one up. also, all my nieces and nephews who go to college would not know a forum if it bite them. Now, they can't live a second without their phone, and their attention spans are mere seconds, but it is inconceivable that they would be here to add a comment. I think instagram is where they spend every minute of the day.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

**** realignment.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Specific team boards, and real life happen. Social media also.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

As long as Ralph Baer's here, RPI will always have a game thread.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        As long as Ralph Baer's here, RPI will always have a game thread.
                        Actually, I often think that I should stop doing them or at least only do them when we play a school which has a significant number of fans on USCHO. The reason that I started posting weekend series threads was to get interaction with fans of the other team. If that doesn't happen, then we might as well just post on our regular thread.

As said earlier on this thread, there are also very few younger fans who post here at all.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Main reason being the overall shift from forums to social media. Also my theory: interest in college sports is waning, not just certain B1G schools that got shafted by hockey realignment. Kids these days graduate with so much debt that the last thing they can afford is season tickets/road trips back home to stay in touch. Just seems like I’ve seen it in all the sports and schools
                          I wanna go fast!

Comment

I know that in the Michigan team thread we have 3 maybe 4 regular posters. We used to have a lot more. With so few contributing, it doesn't seem worthwhile for a series thread.

Forums are dying. I still enjoy posting here. There are several fans that I see at Yost each weekend that I consider 'posters' because that's how I know them, although they post once a year, if that these days. People that were very active posters years ago. They're still around, still supporting the team, but not active on USCHO anymore. I think social media and team specific sites/blogs are where more people spend their time these days.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

I would not say all forums are dying. But this one is.

A car board and a cruise board I get on are still very popular. This one, as wT says, the number of Michigan posters is getting really small. And it's not just this board, the rivals board for our team is even less than here. That never really was as happening as this board- and both trailed off at the same time.

Oh, well.

Comment

Working...
                              X