Thread: MA hockey embarrassing moments at state tourney

MA hockey embarrassing moments at state tourney

Rough weekend for refs/coaches/players at u16 tier 1 state tourney. Wondering how MA hockey and USA hockey respond to this weekends embarrassing show.

Saturday: Really bad call in shootout. Shot went off post/off goalie's back and into net....was called no goal. A review of USA hockey rules clarifies situation. Should have been goal

Referee call of no goal, results in head coach throwing whiteboard and water bottle onto the ice nearly hitting people on ice. Coach given a game misconduct and not allowed at semi final game.

However he was in locker room and in rink (fan side) attempting to coach. No sign of MA hockey officials

Upon team losing the game, eliminating them from an automatic national bid, he went on the ice, and yelled at his players. One of his players started cross checking opponent players, screaming bloody murder. She exited the ice without shaking any hands. (D1 commit)

Worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen in 30 years of coaching youth or girls hockey.

Very possible this team ( currently ranked #2 in country) still gets a bid to nationals....wonder how MA hockey/USA hockey respond
    Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 11-25-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Re: MA hockey embarrassing moments at state tourney

I was at that game.

I think the ref was saying the puck had stopped after hitting the goalie, then was kicked in.

With all of that said, how can Massachusetts possibly recommend that team to Nationals?

in the semifinals there were multiple players from the Breakers throwing punches and cross checking Eagles players during the last couple minutes of the game.

The refs lost complete control of that game.

On a better note, the other side of that bracket had a great game between the Wizards and Assabet. Two programs that have had some battles in the past.

Wizards won it 1-0 but it really could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    Rough weekend for refs/coaches/players at u16 tier 1 state tourney. Wondering how MA hockey and USA hockey respond to this weekends embarrassing show.

Saturday: Really bad call in shootout. Shot went off post/off goalie's back and into net....was called no goal. A review of USA hockey rules clarifies situation. Should have been goal

Referee call of no goal, results in head coach throwing whiteboard and water bottle onto the ice nearly hitting people on ice. Coach given a game misconduct and not allowed at semi final game.

However he was in locker room and in rink (fan side) attempting to coach. No sign of MA hockey officials

Upon team losing the game, eliminating them from an automatic national bid, he went on the ice, and yelled at his players. One of his players started cross checking opponent players, screaming bloody murder. She exited the ice without shaking any hands. (D1 commit)

Worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen in 30 years of coaching youth or girls hockey.

Very possible this team ( currently ranked #2 in country) still gets a bid to nationals....wonder how MA hockey/USA hockey respond
    That's appalling..... I've seen some bad stuff over the years, but never saw an ejected coach step on the ice after a game ended (I've coached, I've been ejected - not proud but it was over a player safety issue, but it never occurred to me to enter the ice surface after the game). That sounds like a one year suspension for sure if someone registers a complaint with USA Hockey. Must have been Shaunessy? Guy racked up a couple of thousand penalty minutes in college, the NHL, and minors in the 80/90s so maybe not such a surprise.
    Last edited by HockeyEast33; 12-05-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    That's appalling..... I've seen some bad stuff over the years, but never saw an ejected coach step on the ice after a game ended (I've coached, I've been ejected - not proud but it was over a player safety issue, but it never occurred to me to enter the ice surface after the game). That sounds like a one year suspension for sure if someone registers a complaint with USA Hockey. Must have been Shaunessy? Guy racked up a couple of thousand penalty minutes in college, the NHL, and minors in the 80/90s so maybe not such a surprise.
    Breakers were always a little rough around the edges but have never seen what is described here. Ive met shaunessy... not as much of a @#$#% as Ole Assabet Carl. Now there's a real nut job.

Thread Information