Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Uml@rpi 11/25/18

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    WRPI will be going to Notre Dame

Technically, WRPI will be staying in the basement of the DCC. Broadcasters for WRPI will be going to Notre Dame

Made in the USA

Re: Uml@rpi 11/25/18

Quote Originally Posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    The only thing worse than watching this game on RPItv is watching it in person.
    This had to be the most empty seats that I have even seen in the RPI student section (not counting the women’s games).
    Not much else to say.
    I've seen it dead empty, aside from Houstonette parents. Remember the tournaments?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

What I saw last night was a complete loss of focus after UML tied the score at two.
    I don't know how else to explain the difference in play before and after that goal.
    We lost all aggression and played very soft in our defensive zone.
    Also, on offense, we stopped playing like a team and individuals were trying to do it all by themselves.
    Very disappointing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    What I saw last night was a complete loss of focus after UML tied the score at two.
    I don't know how else to explain the difference in play before and after that goal.
    We lost all aggression and played very soft in our defensive zone.
    Also, on offense, we stopped playing like a team and individuals were trying to do it all by themselves.
    Very disappointing.
    Absolutely and utterly the truth. We basically gave up. It's the exact same thing I saw at Princeton. One bad blip, and we start steaming. Has to be why Coach Smith is using "game management" as his buzz word of the month. Goals are going to happen. We really need to figure out how to remain strong through the entire 60-65 minutes, even if we end up on the short end.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Technically, WRPI will be staying in the basement of the DCC. Broadcasters for WRPI will be going to Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Absolutely and utterly the truth. We basically gave up. It's the exact same thing I saw at Princeton. One bad blip, and we start steaming. Has to be why Coach Smith is using "game management" as his buzz word of the month. Goals are going to happen. We really need to figure out how to remain strong through the entire 60-65 minutes, even if we end up on the short end.
    I was surprised that hadn't already occurred after the own-goal, as I was expecting it to happen then. So maybe it is the second blip that causes problems now rather than the first.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I thought that they did a great job coming back from the first goal. They got aggressive and brought it to UML, but after the giveaway and the ensuing goal, they just kind of lost it.
    I don't think that they gave up at all. It seemed that the players started to play as individuals trying to make up for the mistakes. We need to play as a team if we are going to compete.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Thread Information