X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.44: "That's Not Law" said Trump

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    “The Wall”= southern border. And you did mention that you want a wall.

Right now, 100% of the immigration debate is about the southern border and not ANY other port. None.
    As I said in my original post, I don't follow the immigration debate that closely.

Would you not be in favor of a wall (i.e. actual wall where it makes sense/virtual wall of increase Border Patrol otherwise), if it meant that immigrants could come into the country legally through Immigration Centers (similar to Ellis Island)?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The Canadian border is actually becoming tougher to cross, but it's more subtle, because it's not the narrative right now. Also, traditionally, the numbers are drastically different than Mexico. That IS changing, and I think "the Wall" idea will soon include the Canadian border.
      Awesome.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Oh, goody. We get to waste billions on a "wall" for the Canadian Border. I can hardly ****ing wait.
        I would think the increased tax revenue would more than cover the costs of the "wall." But, I could be completely wrong. I have not seen/performed an economic analysis of what revenue would be generated by adding 10+ million tax payers to the system.
        North Dakota

Comment

It sounds like a reasonable solution. To what problem, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            Yeah, it's Trumpian all right. As Trumpian as it gets.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

IMO, it satisfies the the anti-illegal crowd, it keeps the "good" immigrants coming in, and keeps borders open, for the most part, and it doesn't cave to the fear-mongering of collapsing the economy.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's a fair point. The problem I was trying to address, based on the current system, is that it is way too difficult for good people to immigrate to our country legally. I was also trying to address some of the problems faced by immigrants currently in the country "illegally."
                North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  IMO, it satisfies the the anti-illegal crowd
                  No it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    That's a fair point. The problem I was trying to address, based on the current system, is that it is way too difficult for good people to immigrate to our country legally. I was also trying to address some of the problems faced by immigrants currently in the country "illegally."
                    You're looking for a compromise to satisfy all parties involved, and that is appreciated. A buddy who immigrated from Ireland a couple years ago, and whose status was in limbo when Trump was elected, was worried. Had an American wife, mgr at a chain restaurant, etc...one of the "good" ones. Got his full citizenship a year later, thankfully. He jumped through all the hoops, took all the tests, etc. Very happy for him. Anyone who does that? Yep, welcome to America.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm all for making it easier to immigrate legally. I like the idea of the immigration centers, but the wall is pointless.

Comment

I'm all for making it easier to immigrate legally. I like the idea of the immigration centers, but the wall is pointless.
                        The Wall is just not feasible. If it WAS feasible (see: E/W Germany) then okay. So, don't sink money into an Oak Island thing.

Comment

I think there needs to be some mechanism to prevent bad people from getting into the country. I'll admit that a physical wall probably isn't a good idea. However, I do think a wall consisting of a physical wall where feasible/logical coupled with a virtual wall consisting of increased Border Patrol (or other security type options) may be a decent way to prevent bad people from getting into the country. I'm all ears though if people have other suggestions. Again, the wall portion of the proposal was more of a way to satisfy that mechanism to prevent bad people from getting into the country.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I think there needs to be some mechanism to prevent bad people from getting into the country. I'll admit that a physical wall probably isn't a good idea. However, I do think a wall consisting of a physical wall where feasible/logical coupled with a virtual wall consisting of increased Border Patrol (or other security type options) may be a decent way to prevent bad people from getting into the country. I'm all ears though if people have other suggestions. Again, the wall portion of the proposal was more of a way to satisfy that mechanism to prevent bad people from getting into the country.
                            Again, I would suggest this mechanism to prevent bad people from getting in is a solution in search of a problem until proven otherwise.

Comment

Again, I would suggest this mechanism to prevent bad people from getting in is a solution in search of a problem until proven otherwise.
                              There is a problem. Sneaking in is illegal. Against the law. Good or bad people, it's still against the law.

Comment

As I said in my original post, I don't follow the immigration debate that closely.

Would you not be in favor of a wall (i.e. actual wall where it makes sense/virtual wall of increase Border Patrol otherwise), if it meant that immigrants could come into the country legally through Immigration Centers (similar to Ellis Island)?
                                No. It would be a collosal waste of money. We’ve not needed so far, why now? A better spend would be on the Central American economy, where we import stuff from there vs Asia.

Comment

Working...
                                X