This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.44: "That's Not Law" said Trump

The Deep State has gotten to Trump, now that he's nominating a Bush crony for Attorney General.

Exactly what I predicted in 2016, and why I did not vote Republican for President.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I have yet to hear one logical explanation as to why the legislation proposed in Michigan and Wisconsin is illegal or unconstitutional. Same as in North Carolina.
      There is actually a decent argument to be made that some of what is being attempted in Michigan should not pass state Constitutional muster.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/2224333002?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

But yeah, "politics as usual", Mr. Fark Independent.

Comment

Walker had a history of divisive and "low road" politics going back to his days as a MU student and the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors. His recent move doesn't surprise many here in WI. He and his fellow Republicans (not all, but many) will do everything they can to make sure Evert fails. What we fear is that Evert is a consensus-building type and may not be tooled to deal with the hooking, holding, tripping and spearing that goes on in the corners.

Comment

So, based on what I see here and based on what I read all the independents have drifted right, right along with all our politics. Center in '70 was Nixon and today Nixon is a Democrat.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            The Deep State has gotten to Trump, now that he's nominating a Bush crony for Attorney General.

Exactly what I predicted in 2016, and why I did not vote Republican for President.
            oh ****, Trump's lost nuts like Flaggy. He's doomed now!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, based on what I see here and based on what I read all the independents have drifted right, right along with all our politics. Center in '70 was Nixon and today Nixon is a Democrat.
              I'm not sure this is an example of political rightward drift of moderates (though that is definitely reality). I think this just demonstrates that even politically moderate righties are not moderate in their contempt for the left. Same as the true nutjobs, they will rationalize anything that pwns the libt@rds.
              Last edited by GrinCDXX; 12-07-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                There wasn't a ton of substance in those initial responses.
                At some point, you need to prove your theory that Ds stripped power just like is happening in Wisconsin and Michigan.

Until then, you have no standing to really complain of lack of substance. That’s just whining about the response.

Once you do that, we can have a real debate about the good/bad of each party. As at this point, it’s only the Rs that are being anti-democratic.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  When all I get is name-calling, I tend to think I struck a little closer to home than people like to admit.
                  So when you call someone obtuse, you're just asking a legit polite question. When you get called obtuse all the big meanie D's are hurting your precious fragile feefees?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                    I'm not sure this is an example of political rightward drift of moderates (though that is definitely reality). I think this just demonstrates that even politically moderate righties are not moderate in their contempt for the left. Same as the true nutjobs, they will rationalize anything that pwns the libt@rds.
                    I think it does. Cause I think the entire country that isn't automatically voting Democrat has lost their ****ing minds.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yes I'm sure Nixon was in favor of gay marriage, campaign finance reform , and civil rights.

Are we talking about Richard Nixon or Cynthia Nixon here?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Yes I'm sure Nixon was in favor of gay marriage, campaign finance reform , and civil rights.

Are we talking about Richard Nixon or Cynthia Nixon here?
                        Richard.

Social Issues aside he got the EPA passed and was for Obamacare before it was called Obamacare. It's amazing how you can't discern context from anything.

Comment

Richard.

Social Issues aside he got the EPA passed and was for Obamacare before it was called Obamacare. It's amazing how you can't discern context from anything.
                          Scoobs, buddy, you need to find different heroes. I too enjoy Nixon's tweets from hell, but the guy wasn't a "Democrat" in any way, shape or form. I seriously doubt he was the driving force behind the EPA even if he did sign the legislation. That's kinda like saying Bush II was a paragon of corporate governance for signing Sarbanes-Oxley.

The problem with your "context" is most of your assumptions are stupid and fit a pre-conceived narrative. Aside from that though I'm sure you're a lot of fun at parties and family get-togethers.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Scoobs, buddy, you need to find different heroes. I too enjoy Nixon's tweets from hell, but the guy wasn't a "Democrat" in any way, shape or form. I seriously doubt he was the driving force behind the EPA even if he did sign the legislation. That's kinda like saying Bush II was a paragon of corporate governance for signing Sarbanes-Oxley.

The problem with your "context" is most of your assumptions are stupid and fit a pre-conceived narrative. Aside from that though I'm sure you're a lot of fun at parties and family get-togethers.
                            The EPA, Sarbanes Oxley, or Obamacare would NOT (sorry was a typo) be signed by any Republican President today. The first two were signed by Republican Presidents into law and Obamacare was a Republican solution to Health Care.

If that isn't direct evidence of the Republican Party drifting right I don't know what is.

And if that isn't direct evidence that Richard Nixon, and Bush I and II would have no shot at a primary today then I don't know what to tell you.

I can tell you there are many centrist Democrats that are now in the House that just as easily could have been Republicans pre Gingrich.

But, yeah, I'm the moron here.
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 12-07-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              So when you call someone obtuse, you're just asking a legit polite question. When you get called obtuse all the big meanie D's are hurting your precious fragile feefees?
                              If you read my post, I think you'll see that actually I asked if her intention was to be deliberately obtuse, or if she truly didn't understand this process.

As for name calling, you guys can call me all the names you like. Take a number. In fact, I kind of like it when the name calling starts, because it usually means that my post as maybe gotten under someone's skin a bit, that they have nada with which to respond, or perhaps some combination of the two.

I've never placed anyone on ignore, nor do I intend to. If you think you can get me to stop posting, like Bob or others, good luck with that. I relish the fact that I'm frequently in the minority in these political threads.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                In fact, I kind of like it when the name calling starts, because it usually means that my post as maybe gotten under someone's skin a bit, that they have nada with which to respond, or perhaps some combination of the two.
                                Oddly though it has been pointed out that in addition to the name calling, there were plenty of proper responses to your latest both sides are bad post. You do get under my skin because it greatly saddens me when I see how stupid a great portion of the American electorate is becoming. That people cannot see the blatant and never ending hypocrisy of the current incarnation of the republican party both saddens and worries me. I know one thing chief, when this country finally falls into the scrap bin of history it ain't gonna be because people like me were sounding the alarm and questioning the intelligence of people like you who can't see that one side here is clearly worse than the other -- even if both sides ARE "bad." It's because too many people like you stood around watching while it happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X