This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

With respect to lame duck legislation, iirc correctly after Obama took a beating in the mid-terms in 2010, the outgoing Democratic congress passed a bunch of legislation that they knew would never get passed once the Republicans took office. I think their ban on the executive branch using the "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the military was part of what they did away with, which is fine with me because it was a stupid practice by the executive anyway. But I'm not 100% certain I have the dates right on that.
    Fine. What legislation did they or any other Democratic majority pass that limited the authority of the incoming Republican majority?

Cause that's the issue at hand, no matter how much you present strawmen, obfuscate, or offer up 'both sides'
    Last edited by rufus; 12-07-2018, 01:06 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.44: "That's Not Law" said Trump

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      And don't forget the 23 trillion they stole. That includes the trillion that they added with the last tax cut.
      I'm pro business but this was both terrible policy and theft. The only reason it was done was to curry favor for influence in elections. The only thing that matters to the GOP is the GOP.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I have yet to hear one logical explanation as to why the legislation proposed in Michigan and Wisconsin is illegal or unconstitutional.
        Ok Brent.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Ooh this'll be good: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55923848855553

Let me guess, just a poorly re-worded version of the Nunes memo.
          "We did nothing. No collusion. Mueller Report is just a big witch hunt".

End Counter Report.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yet, you ****ers can witch hunt the current Secretary of State all you want? Go **** yourself.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Quit fighting strawmen. You know exactly what I meant. They gave those powers to a Republican governor. Now that it's going to be a Democrat governor, they want to take those powers away again
              I don't know that they actually gave the powers to the governor. For all I know, the powers may have been existence for some time. But they are certainly proposing to take powers away from the governor.

As I said, they can do that. If people are offended by lame duck legislation like this, do something about it. Amend your constitution to prohibit legislation between election day and the day legislators are sworn in. But remember, that's going to work both ways.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't know that they actually gave the powers to the governor. For all I know, the powers may have been existence for some time. But they are certainly proposing to take powers away from the governor.

As I said, they can do that. If people are offended by lame duck legislation like this, do something about it. Amend your constitution to prohibit legislation between election day and the day legislators are sworn in. But remember, that's going to work both ways.
                Over and over and over again you fail to acknowledge that there's a difference. That's why people are upset with you. It has nothing to do with you striking a chord, or being above it all. It has everything to do with you blatantly ignoring the Elephant in the room.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

As I said, they can do that. If people are offended by lame duck legislation like this, do something about it. Amend your constitution to prohibit legislation between election day and the day legislators are sworn in.
                  Wisconsin voted for a full democratic party government. They are getting as close to a full republican party as possible. There is no legal means for changing that.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    "We did nothing. No collusion. Mueller Report is just a big witch hunt".

End Counter Report.
                    C'mon, I don't see a single misspelling or misuse of quotation marks.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      The Rush Limbaugh era...

A right leaning act or push, defended and pushed further by right wing radio, acted upon by the right, lather, rinse, repeat. A vicious cyle where they continually eat their own sh**.
                      While I completely agree and consider the GOP to be a treasonous money laundering cult, some of this could not have been achieved without the lethargy on the left. Post Howard Dean, the Dems blew off the importance of down ballot races when idiots like Rahm Emmanuel and DWS gained Obama's favor. Goopers, or more specifically their shadowy big bucks backers like the Koch's, realized the damage they could do if they started taking over state houses, AG's, Secretary of states, etc. and they poured money and other resources into these races. Also realizing they were backing a bunch of dumbfuks they hired a company (ALEC) to write the laws and merely pass them along to their newly elected puppets. Evil and brilliant and all that but until recently they had the field to themselves.

The good thing is Dems are finally waking up to this phenomenon and acting accordingly. Sadly they joined the fight about 8 years later than their counterparts.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        While I completely agree and consider the GOP to be a treasonous money laundering cult, some of this could not have been achieved without the lethargy on the left. Post Howard Dean, the Dems blew off the importance of down ballot races when idiots like Rahm Emmanuel and DWS gained Obama's favor. Goopers, or more specifically their shadowy big bucks backers like the Koch's, realized the damage they could do if they started taking over state houses, AG's, Secretary of states, etc. and they poured money and other resources into these races. Also realizing they were backing a bunch of dumbfuks they hired a company (ALEC) to write the laws and merely pass them along to their newly elected puppets. Evil and brilliant and all that but until recently they had the field to themselves.

The good thing is Dems are finally waking up to this phenomenon and acting accordingly. Sadly they joined the fight about 8 years later than their counterparts.
                        All true. And Democrats also ALWAYS try to work with Republicans no matter what. Amy Klobuchar for example. They are naturally consensus, common ground people who want Government to work. Also, back when all that was going on there were many many blue dog Democrats who swung a lot of power. Those people are Republicans now. Although the pendulum swung back a little this cycle and the blue dogs are coming back.

Comment

All true. And Democrats also ALWAYS try to work with Republicans no matter what. Amy Klobuchar for example. They are naturally consensus, common ground people who want Government to work. Also, back when all that was going on there were many many blue dog Democrats who swung a lot of power. Those people are Republicans now. Although the pendulum swung back a little this cycle and the blue dogs are coming back.
                          I think that's true of the older generation + Obama. I think the newer Dems, those who've come along since say 2010 are fully in tune with the depravity of the Republicans in both the Congress and state houses. Collectively the left wants blood (rhetorically speaking) and if they gain total control in some of these places I'd expect them to start shoving it where the sun don't shine to their knuckledragger counterparts, mostly because that's what their voters will demand.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

You realize that doing something about it starts with people caring enough to get mad about it...right? And jeez, you really are obliterating this strawman that this has to do with all lame duck legislation--so impressive.
                            Last edited by GrinCDXX; 12-07-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I think that's true of the older generation + Obama. I think the newer Dems, those who've come along since say 2010 are fully in tune with the depravity of the Republicans in both the Congress and state houses. Collectively the left wants blood (rhetorically speaking) and if they gain total control in some of these places I'd expect them to start shoving it where the sun don't shine to their knuckledragger counterparts, mostly because that's what their voters will demand.
                              I just don't see how we get the 23 trillion back. And we need that money to pay for Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid. It's all gone. And I saw that they're saying the recession is going to hit in 2020. Just in time for the Democrat to be hamstrung on doing anything except saving the Economy again just like Obama.

Comment

Over and over and over again you fail to acknowledge that there's a difference. That's why people are upset with you. It has nothing to do with you striking a chord, or being above it all. It has everything to do with you blatantly ignoring the Elephant in the room.
                                "The elephant in the room?" What exactly is the elephant in the room? It seems like it's the type of lame duck legislation that Wisconsin is passing. For example, limiting the ability of the governor to bail out of the Obamacare lawsuit. Is that what you guys are upset about is the subject matter of the legislation? Because in my opinion, that's silly.

Why is it more egregious that, as a lame duck legislature, they choose to tie the governor's hands with respect to challenging Obamacare or appointing economic advisors, as opposed to passing legislation that forbids all abortions, for instance? Certainly the people of Wisconsin "spoke" in November to say that they don't want abortions banned.

Or is the "elephant" the timing of the legislation? What if the legislature passes the law in August because they see the handwriting on the wall that Walker has no chance to win? Is it more egregious that the legislature passes it after the election, but while the legislature is still legally vested with the authority to act? Because if that's the case, you're going to have to change the law to prohibit legislation after elections but before the new body is sworn in.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X