This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Others have already said it, but it bears repeating. We have civilian leadership of our military. President may be Commander in Chief, but he's clearly a civilian. That's like 4th grade civics.
    But, but, look at all his medals!

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.44: "That's Not Law" said Trump

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      The President is a civilian. For example Eisenhower had to resign his rank to run for President.

But hey, keep carrying that water.
      Article II of the Constitution designates the POTUS Commander in Chief of all armed forces and militia, however you are correct in that the President is required to be a civilian. I didn't mean to suggest he wasn't, although I certainly wrote my statement incorrectly. Sorry.

I simply meant "not a civilian" when it comes to saluting protocols which was the topic at hand. The President doesn't follow civilian protocols.

Presidents adopting military salutes primarily started with Ronald Reagan upon receiving the advice of the then Marine Corps Commandant in 1981. Presidents have adopted the related military protocols ever since, although each President sets the protocol they wish to follow with their own Chief of Protocol. (Retired Master Chief Petty Officer Sean Lawler is the current White House Chief of Protocol.)

Federal statutes specifying flag protocol limited the right to salute the flag to those currently serving or veterans who have previously served in the military, when in uniform. That law was amended in 2008 to permit veterans to render military salutes to the flag even when not in uniform. The only exception is the sitting president. Why? Because since Reagan Presidents have chosen to follow most non-civilian protocols.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Wait, wait... so you're okay with Obama half-a**ing his salute with a coffee cup in hand because he has *earned* the ability to salute with his job title? Pretty sure Faux News was upset that Obama even dared to salute seeing as that he never served in the military, and then coupled with the nerve to do it with a coffee cup in hand.
        I'm ok with it, you seem to be the one bent out of shape about sitting Presidents saluting or not and what position their thumb is in.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Civilians should stand and place their hands over their hearts at the passing of the flag, or in this case, the remains of the former POTUS.

Military does not do so, but rather stands at attention. (and salutes when appropriate) I haven't looked up the specific rules here but I'm pretty certain that the POTUS as Commander in Chief is not a civilian and is acting appropriately for his rank.

This will probably garner about a billion retweets and much outrage even so.
          GTFO if that was the black muslin your panties would twist until they ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Article II of the Constitution designates the POTUS Commander in Chief of all armed forces and militia, however you are correct in that the President is required to be a civilian. I didn't mean to suggest he wasn't, although I certainly wrote my statement incorrectly. Sorry.

I simply meant "not a civilian" when it comes to saluting protocols which was the topic at hand. The President doesn't follow civilian protocols.

Presidents adopting military salutes primarily started with Ronald Reagan upon receiving the advice of the then Marine Corps Commandant in 1981. Presidents have adopted the related military protocols ever since, although each President sets the protocol they wish to follow with their own Chief of Protocol. (Retired Master Chief Petty Officer Sean Lawler is the current White House Chief of Protocol.)

Federal statutes specifying flag protocol limited the right to salute the flag to those currently serving or veterans who have previously served in the military, when in uniform. That law was amended in 2008 to permit veterans to render military salutes to the flag even when not in uniform. The only exception is the sitting president. Why? Because since Reagan Presidents have chosen to follow most non-civilian protocols.
            Yeah. You’re right. He was clearly versed on the matter and had discussed it as such with master chief petty officer lawler in great detail.

Either that or he’s a giant ****ing doosh.

I’ll take the latter until proven wrong.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Yeah. You’re right. He was clearly versed on the matter and had discussed it as such with master chief petty officer lawler in great detail.

Either that or he’s a giant ****ing doosh.

I’ll take the latter until proven wrong.
              Both of your points could be true.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No. They couldn’t. Trump doesn’t even read the PDB. You could put a gun to his head and he wouldn’t sit with a protocols officer for more than 30 seconds.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  GTFO if that was the black muslin your panties would twist until they ripped.
                  Yup.

Comment

No. They couldn’t. Trump doesn’t even read the PDB. You could put a gun to his head and he wouldn’t sit with a protocols officer for more than 30 seconds.
                    Think of it as a broken clock being right twice a day, or the sun shining on a dog's arse. This could be the ONE time, Trump asked someone, "Ok, how do you do the thing with the thing, so I don't get mocked/ridiculed?"

I doubt it, but it could happen. We've seen weirder things.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

No. He couldn’t. I won’t entertain that for a second. Sorry.
                      Code:

Comment

No. He couldn’t. I won’t entertain that for a second. Sorry.
                        It's not plausible. But it's possible. Please don't be as close-minded as the the MAGAs.

Comment

P-ss off.
                          Code:

Comment

P-ss off.
                            You can't admit there's the teensiest tiniest possibility that it happened? Mind you, I am agreeing that I don't think it happened at all. But, as you will very much agree with, I've been wrong before.

Comment

Time for Pence to worry? https://***********/kylegriffin1/sta...42119153713157

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                The big bullet is coming, we're getting hints of it now....trouble is, WHEN will it hit? My fear is when Trump is out of office and more damage has been done. While many of us wanted this to happen long ago...Mueller gets ONE shot. So it better be good and on point.

Edit: the bigger the buildup, the bigger the "payoff" should be. If all this ends up as a slap on the wrist? Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X