This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Devil's Advocate, awesome, and even Hancock, awesome.
    I need to re-watch Devil’s Advocate, I only saw it once
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      I need to re-watch Devil’s Advocate, I only saw it once
      Pacino is over the top, expected. Love the story, as twisted as it is.

Gotti:

Went in with ZERO expectations.
      Apparently my expectations were way too high.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Avengers trailer looks great! Hawkeye is back!!

Star Wars teaser due this month, full trailer in April.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure how I missed this, but Once Upon A Deadpool.....yeah, gonna make the rare venture out to a theater for this one. Good God, the trailers alone are awesome.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I'm not sure how I missed this, but Once Upon A Deadpool.....yeah, gonna make the rare venture out to a theater for this one. Good God, the trailers alone are awesome.
            That's just Deadpool 2 that was released back in May. Or am I missing something here, like a new cut of the movie?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              That's just Deadpool 2 that was released back in May. Or am I missing something here, like a new cut of the movie?
              Yep. Deadpool 2 but slightly re-cut. They cleaned it up a touch to get a PG-13 rating ("Because Disney!"), and then added in his kidnapping of Fred Savage for a completely beaten over the head with a frying pan homage to The Princess Bride.

Also, $1 of each ticket sold goes to Reynold's F*$# Cancer foundation.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Yep. Deadpool 2 but slightly re-cut. They cleaned it up a touch to get a PG-13 rating ("Because Disney!"), and then added in his kidnapping of Fred Savage for a completely beaten over the head with a frying pan homage to The Princess Bride.

I just found that info on Rotten Tomatoes and was coming to post it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/once_upon_a_deadpool
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

What does Disney have to do with it?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    What does Disney have to do with it?
                    I don't think it's a Disney thing at all as the whole production of the updated scenes would've been show a while ago. It's likely the interwebs are voicing their fears about what Disney might do to various movie franchises that aren't kid-parent approved.

Comment

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Fox had long pushed for the oft stalled Deadpool project to be a PG-13 rating to fit with the other X-Men (and superhero movies). Reynolds, once attached to the project, knew that it had to have the edgier R rating for gore/language to be true to the source.

The joke about "And Disney!" is more pointed toward the Fox-Disney merger and how FOX has the darker/less "marketable" films where the mouse is famously kid friendly for movies. And is the home of the faces of Marvel.

(The edgier Disney films for the last 30 years were always distributed under the Touchstone Pictures label).
                      Last edited by aparch; 12-11-2018, 01:28 PM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh yeah...I forgot about the merger
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I think it's going to be hilarious, similar to some things funnier when they are censored/cleaned up (think: Adam Sandler's song "Piece Of Sh* Car;" MUCH funnier when it was censored). Plus, f* cancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I think it's going to be hilarious, similar to some things funnier when they are censored/cleaned up (think: Adam Sandler's song "Piece Of Sh* Car;" MUCH funnier when it was censored). Plus, f* cancer.
                            “Ode to my car”.

(Which is a great song)
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              “Ode to my car”.

(Which is a great song)
                              Thank you. It's been years since I heard it.

Comment

Murder On The Orient Express (2017 version):

While entertaining, it really is a poetic mess. Too smart for its own good, or should I say, too complicated just for the sake of being complicated. The dialogue is impeccable, and quite beautiful, but the resolution of the plot was all show, and no real substance.

Comment

Working...
                                X