This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

What fool saw last years King Arthur movie bomb and thought it was a good idea to give someone money to make a Robin Hood movie just like it?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Man Of Tai Chi:
      A young martial artist's unparalleled Tai Chi skills land him in a highly lucrative underworld fight club. Keanu's debut as a director, and he's a main character in it. Nice little kung-fu movie, sort of an "Enter The Dragon" plot that's been modernized. Good action scenes, with some serious nods to kung-fu predecessors. If you like this sort of movie, I'd take a watch.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs

A few short stories set in the Wild West, by the Coens. None are connected. The stories ranged from the absurd to the serious/dark, to a mix of both. Loved it. Thought the final story's dialogue had touches of Tarantino, in the style. Definitely recommend.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The Crew:

French movie, standard heist flick. Meh. I really don't have to say any more than that.

Comment

Anyone seen the trailer for "Welcome to Marwen"? Quite an interesting story. I'm intrigued.
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              Anyone seen the trailer for "Welcome to Marwen"? Quite an interesting story. I'm intrigued.
              I want to see it. Steve Carrell seems made for this role; his first love is drama, but it offers plenty of comedic opportunities, too.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Crazy Rich Asians:

A little soft in the middle, almost a Lifetime type movie, but the beginning and ending made up for it, given the culture it is covering. I liked it quite a bit, definitely worth a watch.

And the Mah Jongg scene! BEAUTY! I was talking to myself calling out the tiles/etc during that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Crazy Rich Asians:

A little soft in the middle, almost a Lifetime type movie, but the beginning and ending made up for it, given the culture it is covering. I liked it quite a bit, definitely worth a watch.

And the Mah Jongg scene! BEAUTY! I was talking to myself calling out the tiles/etc during that scene.
                  Would mookie enjoy it?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Would mookie enjoy it?
                    lol, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Would mookie enjoy it?
                      It's "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" for Asians.

Comment

Vice looks like it may decent.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Green Room:

On the last stop of their low-budget tour, a punk band finds that they are playing for some hard-core Neo-Nazis. Things take a twisted turn, as you might expect.
                          It was okay. Checked it out only because Patrick Stewart is in it. It was worth 90 minutes of my time.

Comment

The Kindergarten Teacher:

A teacher thinks one of her students is a prodigy, and tries to make sure he succeeds, even if it means crossing some lines.

YAWN. Predictable, boring, not even sure if it's LifetimeChannel level of a movie. Don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              The Kindergarten Teacher:

A teacher thinks one of her students is a prodigy, and tries to make sure he succeeds, even if it means crossing some lines.

YAWN. Predictable, boring, not even sure if it's LifetimeChannel level of a movie. Don't bother.
                              I could have warned you on that one. I like Maggie Gyllenhaal which is the reason I watched it. I agree with your assessment.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

I like Maggie Gyllenhaal
                                Really enjoyed "Secretary".
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X