This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

@TheBabylonBee: Oscars To Be Hosted By Boom Box Playing Inoffensive, Calming Ambient Noise
    https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-t...-ambient-noise https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...563586/photo/1
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Seems to be a bit more than what was said during a stand-up comedy routine.

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...ets-gay-oscars
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Seems to be a bit more than what was said during a stand-up comedy routine.

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...ets-gay-oscars
        He’s got a lot of tweets using slurs. It’s not just the one.

Comment

Again, who gives a rat's arse? It's a comedic bit. Some comics touch on all taboo things, in a (hopefully) funny way. If anything, blame the Academy for not doing their research and choosing a non-controversial person.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Again, who gives a rat's arse? It's a comedic bit. Some comics touch on all taboo things, in a (hopefully) funny way. If anything, blame the Academy for not doing their research and choosing a non-controversial person.
            Completely agree. I agree with what he did- acad y walked into his one. I was just pointing out it wasn’t one tweet

Comment

So you're saying all of these tweets that I posted a link to are some sort of stand up comedy routine?
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                So you're saying all of these tweets that I posted a link to are some sort of stand up comedy routine?
                It could be. Some comics stay "in the moment" so to speak. And if not, he said himself apologies were already made in the past, and he's grown as a person, and those tweets/comments are not who he is now.

I'm not a fan of Hart, I don't think he's really funny, but I won't hold him hostage for stuff he said years ago if that's not who he is currently.

Edit: Calling someone a "gaylord" was a huge insult in grade school when I was growing up. Should that affect a person's career later? No, unless that person hasn't changed.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watched Tully last night and enjoyed it. But maybe you have to have two or three kids.

Charlize Theron will do fluff, but she can also handle serious roles.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Watched Tully last night and enjoyed it. But maybe you have to have two or three kids.

Charlize Theron will do fluff, but she can also handle serious roles.
                    Charlize is awesome.

Comment

Charlize is awesome.
                      Yes! Her performance in the movie about serial killer Eileen Wournos(sp?) was stunning.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Yes! Her performance in the movie about serial killer Eileen Wournos(sp?) was stunning.
                        Devil's Advocate, awesome, and even Hancock, awesome.

Comment

I saw The Green Book...very good film and the acting is superb out of both Ali and Viggo.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The NYTs stopped sucking for 5 minutes!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nah, they still suck. Maggie has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Nah, they still suck. Maggie has to go.
                                Just blow them up.

Keep the WSJ and FOX.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X