X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing Adam Schiff.
    He is the only person I can honestly think of...but I want him on his committee for the time being.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Not my district, but the next town over, incumbent GOP Speaker of the State House lost his race. Been in the House for well over 20 years.

Edit: And now they've changed it back to only 67% reporting. Had shown all precincts tallied.
      Now confirmed.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Pelosi.
        [Family Guy Eternal Vomiting gif]
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Newsome wins Governor in California.
          Gavin Beto 2020!!

Comment

Man, that Wisconsin governor’s race is tight. Less than 2000 votes with 80% precincts in.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              So, who gets Speaker of the House?
              The better question is majority leader and whip. Does Hoyer keep the leader job or do they put a younger person in grooming them as the Pelosi replacement?

Whip? Ya got me. But if it's Maxine, oh gawd.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                In relation to a Democratic House being something that Trump can run against, a Democratic House is something Democrats can run on. If the Senate and Trump go on blocking major bills like healthcare or tax reform, that becomes a huge stick.
                mookie will believe that when mookie sees it..
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ridiculous the WI Gov race hasn't already wrapped. I would never vote for anyone, Republican or Democrat, who tried to abandon his responsibilities mid-term to seek a higher office.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Ridiculous the WI Gov race hasn't already wrapped. I would never vote for anyone, Republican or Democrat, who tried to abandon his responsibilities mid-term to seek a higher office.
                    Or someone who has ruined the economy!

Comment

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Man, that Wisconsin governor’s race is tight. Less than 2000 votes with 80% precincts in.
                      Politico has it bigger than that.

49.3% Tony Evers Dem 1,061,212
                      48.8% Scott Walker* GOP 1,050,129
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        That will be key. What the Dems must do in the House is pass a lot of good legislation that people want and not worry about whether the President will sign it or the Senate will pass it. And then publish it all. Build a bank of legislation to run on in 2020.
                        healthcare needs to cover all americans. not just the uninsured at the expense of people who already have it through work. THAT is what killed it. and nationalize health insurance companies, or initiate oversight on them like utilities. nationalizing may be the only option now.

tax reform has to move the burden to those who can afford it. mookie's plan is a good start. wealth/assets need to be taxed. a large block of income needs to be exempt. reform means reform. if you don't appeal to the masses, it's dead. white people have more in common with colored people than they do with rich people.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

49.2% Tony Evers Dem 1,074,915
                          48.8% Scott Walker* GOP 1,066,235
                          1.9% Other 42,519
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don’t get all the networks saying “Polls close at 1am EST”, no polls close at 12am EST except for a hundred people in the Aleutians.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

49.2% Tony Evers 1,082,851
                              48.9% Scott Walker 1,076,720
                              1.9% Other 42,923
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

49.1% Tony Evers 1,095,713
                                48.9% Scott Walker* 1,091,357
                                2% Other 43,551
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X