• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Meanwhile in the Nation's Capital...

@SmashRacismDC: “Racist scumbag, leave town!”

Every night you spread fear into our homes—fear of the other, fear of us, and fear of them. Each night you tell us we are not safe. Tonight you’re reminded that we have a voice. Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either.

#KnockKnockTucker https://***********/SmashRacismDC/st...284160/video/1
    Tuck probably has cameras everywhere, and will relish this. Not a smart move if they actually set foot on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Nolan west won? **** man...
      West earned 10,254 votes (50.2 percent), roughly 150 votes more than DFL challenger Amir Joseph Malik, who earned 10,101 votes (49.5 percent).
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Busterman62 View Post
        Once again, the victorious party will misinterpret disdain for the losing party as support for theirs
        Where's the proof?

Just because conservatives are against nearly everything doesn't mean the country is...and that pov is why you guys shouldn't get anywhere near the governing of anything.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Where's the proof?

Just because conservatives are against nearly everything doesn't mean the country is...and that pov is why you guys shouldn't get anywhere near the governing of anything.
          The noise I am hearing is a lot of the bernie/warren type candidates didn't get over the finish line and a lot of the suburban winners are more center/left then progressive. Add that with no wave and a stock market that has increased 28% since Trump took office and I'm not sure what agenda the Democrats will put forward and I'm afraid a lot of people on the left may end up disappointed again.

And rinse and repeat.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeehaw, more Republicans suing to keep votes from being counted. But I'm sure it's just about making sure no fraud was committed, definitely NOT trying to suppress the vote.
            https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a...er-suppression

Comment

I wish my retirement funds were up 28%. Trump hasnt helped that at all.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                I wish my retirement funds were up 28%. Trump hasnt helped that at all.
                I just looked at mine. Appears just like always the investor class is raking it in and us 401K folks are getting the scraps. So typical.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  The noise I am hearing is a lot of the bernie/warren type candidates didn't get over the finish line and a lot of the suburban winners are more center/left then progressive. Add that with no wave and a stock market that has increased 28% since Trump took office and I'm not sure what agenda the Democrats will put forward and I'm afraid a lot of people on the left may end up disappointed again.

And rinse and repeat.
                  I think if the Republicans are looking for a bright spot in this election, and it's certainly hard to find one from their prospective, it's this. A lot of the House wins came in suburban districts where the Democratic candidate beat out a fairly moderate Republican candidate in an area that is politically purple at best. Many of those races were pretty tight. Once the Republicans can rid themselves of Trump and the toxic reaction he creates for many suburbanites, the Republicans have at least some chance to try to win some of those seats back.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I think if the Republicans are looking for a bright spot in this election, and it's certainly hard to find one from their prospective, it's this. A lot of the House wins came in suburban districts where the Democratic candidate beat out a fairly moderate Republican candidate in an area that is politically purple at best. Many of those races were pretty tight. Once the Republicans can rid themselves of Trump and the toxic reaction he creates for many suburbanites, the Republicans have at least some chance to try to win some of those seats back.
                    Sure. And the Republicans are devoid of any ideas for fixing anything. So, status quo it is. The planet is ****ed.

Comment

I just want to know what the logical conclusion of the republican government would be.

Lets say corp tax is 2%, and the rich pay 5%. The middle class and poor pay 35%.

Social Security, Medicare, ACA, and all other public programs are ended.

There are no laws on emissions, no protections for animals, and climate change is officially banned from public discourse.

Women and minorities can no longer legally vote, own property, or be seen alone in public. Women no longer have any reproductive rights.

There is a 100 ft wall erected around the entire country. No one of non white descent is allowed in. Except to work at county clubs.

So now what?
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

A civil religious war since evangelicals have dozens of different belief system.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          I just want to know what the logical conclusion of the republican government would be.

Lets say corp tax is 2%, and the rich pay 5%. The middle class and poor pay 35%.

Social Security, Medicare, ACA, and all other public programs are ended.

There are no laws on emissions, no protections for animals, and climate change is officially banned from public discourse.

Women and minorities can no longer legally vote, own property, or be seen alone in public. Women no longer have any reproductive rights.

There is a 100 ft wall erected around the entire country. No one of non white descent is allowed in. Except to work at county clubs.

So now what?
                          A Feudalistic Plutocracy would be Utopia for the rich in this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Where's the proof?

WaPo and others had this last week- Congress, esp the right, way overestimates how conservative their constituents are.
                            http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/study-congress-overestimates-the-publics-conservatism.html

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              The noise I am hearing is a lot of the bernie/warren type candidates didn't get over the finish line and a lot of the suburban winners are more center/left then progressive.
                              It took like 700,000 voters being purged and 4.5 hour lines for Abrams to lose in Georgia and Eastman barely lost in Nebraska with zero support from the party.

Originally posted by SJhovey
                              Once the Republicans can rid themselves of Trump and the toxic reaction he creates for many suburbanites, the Republicans have at least some chance to try to win some of those seats back.
                              Literally all the right has is identity politics and racism, there's no going back. They don't have any actual policy proposals other than to destroy government and enrich 1% of the population which isn't exactly a selling point.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Literally all the right has is identity politics and racism, there's no going back. They don't have any actual policy proposals other than to destroy government and enrich 1% of the population which isn't exactly a selling point.
                                But their rural base "might be a 1%er someday just like their 'heros' if their Powerball numbers get picked!"
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X