Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    What oppression. Record turnout is oppression?

And the law (requiring a street address, not a PO box) stood up to judicial challenge.
    Before you say it, every square foot of ND has a street address (per the statewide 911 system).
    1. Someone managing to overcome abuse...doesn't justify the abuse. Just because there's turnout doesn't mean there wasn't voter suppression.

2. There is no North Dakota voter fraud. None. The North Dakota people did what they could to suppress the NA vote. If it wasn't the people, then politicians would have been thrown out. It was the NAs themselves with some assistance that made it so that they had any kind of vote - in spite of your fellow North Dakotans.

"In the days leading up to the midterm election, indigenous leaders rallied to issue thousands of new ID cards for would-be voters. The campaign, dubbed #StandingRockTheVote, is the result of a partnership between several North Dakota tribes and nonprofit advocacy organizations fighting voter suppression. As of last week, the Standing Rock Sioux, Turtle Mountain Chippewa, and Three Affiliated Tribes had distributed more than 2,000 new ID cards to their members free of charge so that they won’t be turned away at the polls. Through a GoFundMe page, the group raised more than $230,000 for the initiative in 17 days. The Native American Rights Fund also donated $50,000." https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ssion-heitkamp

3. How many NAs were involved in the decision of your judiciary? Would you actually think that the judiciary would choose the NA point of view over that of the extreme legislature elected from the same source as themselves? I don't expect you to see any of this as you've shown yourself to be just as politically corrupt.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    trix: Those are facts. Feel free to check.
    The lack of oppression argument is not a fact lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    1. Someone managing to overcome abuse...doesn't justify the abuse. Just because there's turnout doesn't mean there wasn't voter suppression.

2. There is no North Dakota voter fraud. None. The North Dakota people did what they could to suppress the NA vote. If it wasn't the people, then politicians would have been thrown out. It was the NAs themselves with some assistance that made it so that they had any kind of vote - in spite of your fellow North Dakotans.

"In the days leading up to the midterm election, indigenous leaders rallied to issue thousands of new ID cards for would-be voters. The campaign, dubbed #StandingRockTheVote, is the result of a partnership between several North Dakota tribes and nonprofit advocacy organizations fighting voter suppression. As of last week, the Standing Rock Sioux, Turtle Mountain Chippewa, and Three Affiliated Tribes had distributed more than 2,000 new ID cards to their members free of charge so that they won’t be turned away at the polls. Through a GoFundMe page, the group raised more than $230,000 for the initiative in 17 days. The Native American Rights Fund also donated $50,000." https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ssion-heitkamp

3. How many NAs were involved in the decision of your judiciary? Would you actually think that the judiciary would choose the NA point of view over that of the extreme legislature elected from the same source as themselves? I don't expect you to see any of this as you've shown yourself to be just as politically corrupt.
    He either doesn't know this because he's dumb and doesn't know how to use google or he knows all this and is arguing in bad faith per usual.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 11-07-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    3. How many NAs were involved in the decision of your judiciary?
    Full blooded NA's, or are we applying the "Warren Standard?"
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    The way you guys actually buy this Fox News narrative BS never ceases to amaze me.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

I knew there was a reason that civil rights were meaningless in North Dakota.
    Go Gophers!

Why does this matter again?

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Why does this matter again?
    It doesn't. But when 5mn_Major asks a question/posts a comment that is so ridiculously stupid, it pretty much requires a meaningless response.

His question, "How many NAs were involved in the decision of your judiciary? Would you actually think that the judiciary would choose the NA point of view over that of the extreme legislature elected from the same source as themselves?"

The stupidity of that question/statement should be immediately obvious, since the "judiciary" that decided the case was a federal district court judge, not elected by the people of North Dakota, but appointed for life by the President, stayed on appeal by the 8th Circuit judges, again appointed by the President, not elected by the people of North Dakota, with the 8th Circuit decision left alone by the Supremes.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    The only people on this whole board who blame Reid are you and Joe.

You're right, the flood is happening. It would've happened anyway. So you're saying Reid should've left another 100 judicial chambers empty for McConnell to fill because...

It's not because voters would punish McConnell. They proved that after Garland.

It's not because McConnell would've held his own hand, because he's shown he's more power hungry than most Presidents.

So why should Reid have left those 100-some seats to flounder?
    Wouldn't Turtle Boy still have needed 60 votes to confirm anyone?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    The point is that McConnell would have gone simple majority regardless of whether he had Reid to point the finger at. The only people saying "we'll never know" are people who want to blame Reid.

After not being punished in the slightest for stealing Garland's seat, what possible reason would there have been to think that going simple majority was going to pose any sort of political problem?
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-07-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Not when the majority can change the rules.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Seeing a lot of p-ssing and moaning this morning from Trumpies on social media.

Didn't they say "you lost, get over it" two years ago?
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Seeing a lot of p-ssing and moaning this morning from Trumpies on social media.

Didn't they say "you lost, get over it" two years ago?
    They always get to have everything both ways. That's how they are.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The lack of oppression argument is not a fact lmao.
    He either doesn't know this because he's dumb and doesn't know how to use google or he knows all this and is arguing in bad faith per usual.
    I know all that. I live here.
    The native vote this week was the strongest turnout they've seen.

This'll sound bad, but all this noise was actually a good thing as it got the native population segment out to vote.

And to quote Sen Heitkamp herself: It’s still easy for Native Americans to vote. ... And they did. Good for them.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-07-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Only if you believe he wouldn't have gone nuclear himself anyway. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

It doesn't. But when 5mn_Major asks a question/posts a comment that is so ridiculously stupid, it pretty much requires a meaningless response.
    Finally we're getting to the reason to support ND voter suppression initiatives.
    Go Gophers!

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Only if you believe he wouldn't have gone nuclear himself anyway. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Would he have?
    We'll never know because Harry Reid opened the door for him.

Reid needed to get his judicial parade down the street. So he did what he did to be expedient, forget the future consequences.

Reid's move gave Mitch the same judicial parade power and a scapegoat.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Yep, still here

Yeah, a guy who said in January 2009 that his entire goal was to make Obama a one term president surely wasn't going to go nuclear the first chance he had a Republican President.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Maryland's congressional districts just got tossed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ddb8002c506b

Generic Catchy Message
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Maryland's congressional districts just got tossed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ddb8002c506b
    Need independent commissions nationwide. Luckily Michigan passed the prop to get theirs yesterday.

The suburban shift to D vote was reflected in the Twin Cities House. Every single urban and suburb went blue including Maple Grove and EP...from Blaine to Shakopee...from Stillwater to Mound. This can't be a long term winning strategy for Republicans.
    Go Gophers!

Thread Information