Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Are you new to this country? Stock prices always go up for us plutocrats!!!
    not your band of crooks . you should look for a new outfit!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Just change it to Emasculated Donald. No beep.
      how would that go over when 83% of the voting public has no idea what that means

Comment

I don't think they developed their bench well enough to do that.
        I don't know about that. There's a lot of Dems who've been around for awhile. For example when is Tim Ryan going to sh it or get off the pot?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

President Chump! Pretty much sums it up...
          no title. respect the office, if not the office holder.

diddle don. few connotations there. depending on how you hear it could be little don. obvious diddle with the pus grabbing. childish nickname.

"oh no... diddle don making up lies again."

heck, the fact that it means nothing but sounds so condescending makes mookie think that may be a winner.

Comment

Well, if not San Fran Nan, then hopefully they pick someone well-seasoned Midwestern type, and not a rose-wearing, baseball bat-wielding, far-left neophyte.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              That's not economically illiterate, that's listening to the Republicans when they whine about deficits. That's what he meant, too many people listen to the Repub criticism, and say, "If only we do this, they won't hate us so much".
              Right but she's the one who proposed pay-go, that's the problem. And if she's listening to Republican criticism (who are also economically illiterate) and taking it to heart rather than realizing it's a total charade (how much do they care about deficits now?), that's also a problem.

Maybe I'm not following your point.

Comment

I don't know about that. There's a lot of Dems who've been around for awhile. For example when is Tim Ryan going to sh it or get off the pot?
                Who? And who wants him? Every time I listen to him talk he's a Republican. I know we all think centrist is great but not as the party leader. And this is the big problem right now. Half the new Democrats are progressives and half of them are centrists. If we let the centrists control the party we'll be spinning our wheels again. Negotiations need to start further left. We always start in the middle and move further right.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Who? And who wants him? Every time I listen to him talk he's a Republican. I know we all think centrist is great but not as the party leader. And this is the big problem right now. Half the new Democrats are progressives and half of them are centrists. If we let the centrists control the party we'll be spinning our wheels again. Negotiations need to start further left. We always start in the middle and move further right.
                  yes. people who want to vote for a R are going to vote R. not a D who approaches R.
                  R's are R's, and D's are D's.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    If the news was smarter, they wouldnt talk about donald at all. They report every word he says, which is exactly what he wants.

Ignore his pronouncements.
                    That's not an option anymore, not now that he's POTUS. What you're describing is the treatment he should have received during the primaries.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Right but she's the one who proposed pay-go, that's the problem. And if she's listening to Republican criticism (who are also economically illiterate) and taking it to heart rather than realizing it's a total charade (how much do they care about deficits now?), that's also a problem.

Maybe I'm not following your point.
                      I don't think she's responding to their criticism. I think she's trying, probably naively, to take the higher road, to say, yes, we will pay for the things we wish to accomplish,. figuring that she will receive approval from the electorate, and the Republicans will not be so consistently opposed to any new legislation if its paid for.

But, the electorate doesn't follow these things that closely, and the Republicans are going to attack and oppose no matter what, as well as offer the electorate the only message about these things that they will hear, and all completely negative. This will reflexively prod the usual suspects into complete opposition to anything Democrat, and so here we go again.

I figure if you're gonna be attacked and opposed no matter wat you do, then offering up watered down and Republican-lite solutions is a non-starter. Might's well go all-in.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Scoobs "centrists" no longer exist in either party. Really, you can count on one hand the people whose votes might be up in the air in terms bucking their party. Murkowski and Manchin in the Senate. Jones from NC (who's retiring after this year but who loves to p iss people off), Lipinksi in IL (who will get primaried next election on the left), Peter King once in a great while....that's about it. Stop inventing problems where they don't exist. Every single solitary Dem is committed to expanded voter rights and expanded healthcare as well as against the idiotic tax giveaways of the GOP.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Well, if not San Fran Nan, then hopefully they pick someone well-seasoned Midwestern type, and not a rose-wearing, baseball bat-wielding, far-left neophyte.
                          Of course, cause the Midwest is the heart of America, and the only part of the country with any common sense.

I say keep Pelosi as Speaker, and install one of the younger members as Majority Whip, or a few of them in the lesser positions, and begin grooming her successor.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Scoobs "centrists" no longer exist in either party. Really, you can count on one hand the people whose votes might be up in the air in terms bucking their party. Murkowski and Manchin in the Senate. Jones from NC (who's retiring after this year but who loves to p iss people off), Lipinksi in IL (who will get primaried next election on the left), Peter King once in a great while....that's about it. Stop inventing problems where they don't exist. Every single solitary Dem is committed to expanded voter rights and expanded healthcare as well as against the idiotic tax giveaways of the GOP.
                            You were not paying attention to the elections then. There are many centrists out there. Ryan is one of them. The Seth Moulton guy is another one. Not making **** up at all. And don't spout at me, I have no problem with incrementalism. But, you have a large voter block that's going to want results. And, that unimpressive list of legislative accomplishments you hit me with isn't going to cut it for very long.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              I figure if you're gonna be attacked and opposed no matter wat you do, then offering up watered down and Republican-lite solutions is a non-starter. Might's well go all-in.
                              No argument here.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                Democrat wins ME 2 ousting last Republican congressman from New England

Comment

Working...
                                X