Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The Anti-Pelosi group are not coming off very well right now. They look completely outmatched and have no message except "Not Her". Behind closed doors she is laughing you can feel it...
    Why would we want to create a new target for the other side to make a villain? Pelosi has already dealt with what the Republicans are going to say about her, and was already used as the bad guy in many midterm elections she had no part in.

While it would be nice to start seeing a newer, younger face for the Democratic party, if Pelosi wants speaker, she's earned it and I believe will do a decent job.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

I am not her biggest fan but right now she is the one I trust as a Wartime Consigliere.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Moulton has been campaigning for new leadership for several years and I get why he's sticking to his guns. His "problem" is that the Dems overwhelmingly took back the House! Had they fallen short or barely squeaked by his argument would have a lot more relevance. The Dems do need to start turning over the leadership ranks from the 3 near 80 year olds running the House. The irony is in the midst of the metoo movement he chose to go after the only woman of the 3. A big political miscalculation coupled with not having a viable alternative to run against her equals doom.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Moulton has been campaigning for new leadership for several years and I get why he's sticking to his guns. His "problem" is that the Dems overwhelmingly took back the House! Had they fallen short or barely squeaked by his argument would have a lot more relevance. The Dems do need to start turning over the leadership ranks from the 3 near 80 year olds running the House. The irony is in the midst of the metoo movement he chose to go after the only woman of the 3. A big political miscalculation coupled with not having a viable alternative to run against her equals doom.
          I have no problem with Pelosi as speaker. But for God's sake, let someone under 70 get the majority leader or whip position. Build a bench for a change.

Comment

Pelosi can be Speaker, provided majority leader is someone younger and not from the coasts. Whip can be some elder statesperson with the experience to herd cats. That's the compromise.

If she'd agree to step down and hold another vote on Speaker after one year, that'd be nice, but politically it might be a bad idea going into 2020.

Comment

I am not her biggest fan but right now she is the one I trust as a Wartime Consigliere.
              Pops had Genco look what I got.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                The problem is outside of the few people who won running away from her the truth is her strategy worked. Health Care being an issue was her deal according to stuff I read right before election day. She may be older than dirt but she seems to know what the voters want...agreed though someone in leadership needs to be young and the heir apparent.

The Anti-Pelosi crowd has nothing. They have no message outside of "we want something new" and they cant even decide who they support or why. They sound like a campus political party shouting lots of random things but no coherent message, no leadership and no solutions. They arent ready for prime time yet which is why they wont win.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m shocked...the state full of racists, ranked last in education just elected the woman talking about public hangings.
                  Because of course they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Pelosi can be Speaker, provided majority leader is someone younger and not from the coasts. Whip can be some elder statesperson with the experience to herd cats. That's the compromise.

If she'd agree to step down and hold another vote on Speaker after one year, that'd be nice, but politically it might be a bad idea going into 2020.
                    The GOP needs to take lessons from the Pelosi Mob on how to control the family.

As God is my witness, the GOP would screw up running a numbers racket.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I’m shocked...the state full of racists, ranked last in education just elected the woman talking about public hangings.
                      Because of course they did.
                      I looked closely and I didn't see her in the front row.

https://youtu.be/83qxmqAI768

Mike Espy was the Secretary of Agriculture. His speech reorganizing USDA (the "People's Department) was a very good bit of demagoguery. I thought he was going to produce a little red book during the speech.

Was he an effective SecAg? Meh. I thought Dan Glickman was the best Secretary of Ag that I served under during my 30 years in USDA.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        The GOP needs to take lessons from the Pelosi Mob on how to control the family.

As God is my witness, the GOP would screw up running a numbers racket.
                        Pelosi is the balancing act for watching McConnell roll an inept Schumer as he bargains against himself, first with Judicial appointments last month and now over money for a wall that 60 million Democrats don't want.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          He might want one of those Senate seats to open up sooner rather than later. Having said that, he just got taught a lesson in bare knuckle politics that I hope he learns from.

Lastly, with Dems now picking up a net of 40 seats in the House, who was that brilliant, good looking and humble poster who predicted that very thing? Hint, it wasn't Scooby, who also predicted a 40 seat pickup, but just got the party that would be winning all of those seats wrong.

so that house will now pass all the bills hilly wants (since you guaranteed her win )
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The problem is outside of the few people who won running away from her the truth is her strategy worked. Health Care being an issue was her deal according to stuff I read right before election day. She may be older than dirt but she seems to know what the voters want...agreed though someone in leadership needs to be young and the heir apparent.

The Anti-Pelosi crowd has nothing. They have no message outside of "we want something new" and they cant even decide who they support or why. They sound like a campus political party shouting lots of random things but no coherent message, no leadership and no solutions. They arent ready for prime time yet which is why they wont win.
                            the strategy was "against tD". still, nobody has a hc plan for everyone. if it isn't universal, and cheap, and let's one do what they want..... it has zero chance.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Interesting from the post Mortem that McSally did on her failed attempt. Not great news for dump and 2020.

““A significant segment of the AZ GOP was hostile to the President,” it says. “In internal polling during the primary, President Trump never broke 80% favorability among Republican voters. A certain segment of AZ Republicans was outright hostile to President Trump, and was against the Kavanaugh appointment. This segment of moderate Republicans, especially woman [sic], proved very difficult to bring home to a Republican candidate that supported President Trump and the confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh.”

https://www.vo*****/2018/11/28/18116...ource=facebook

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                the strategy was "against tD". still, nobody has a hc plan for everyone. if it isn't universal, and cheap, and let's one do what they want..... it has zero chance.
                                Disagree on that. Dems went out of their way to avoid promising to have Chump burned at the stake and focused primarily on the very real attempts of the KKK, I mean GOP, to take away their health care coverage. In fact some people on the left were pressing for Pelosi to take a firmer stand on impeachment. Astoundingly the party stayed on message and crushed most suburban Republicans in swing seats. Hell, Dems didn't win a seat in Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Kansas on an anti-Chump message.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X