• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Democrat wins ME 2 ousting last Republican congressman from New England

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Oh, really. What's the case then? She knows how to count votes. She gets things passed. She raises more money for Democrats than anyone else. Appears to me that Democrats just spend way to much time listening to Republicans.
      Can you give me an example of the dems listening to the reps? I can't think of an example from either side lately. I don't think either side is listening to the other at this point. It's extremely combative on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Oh, really. What's the case then? She knows how to count votes. She gets things passed. She raises more money for Democrats than anyone else. Appears to me that Democrats just spend way to much time listening to Republicans.
        She's economically illiterate for one with the whole pay-go thing. She's also 80 something and at some point you're gonna want new blood in there. I don't think it's the end of the world if she gets the nod for this session and somebody eventually replaces her but there is certainly a case.

I don't think this decision has anything to do with what Republicans are saying, they'll attack whoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I can’t imagine Susan Collins feels as secure as some around here do for her seat

Comment

The dumb part is at least half of the Dems blocking Pelosi are doing so because she's too liberal, meaning that we're still waiting on an actual alternative that would be acceptable.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I can’t imagine Susan Collins feels as secure as some around here do for her seat
              If she acts like a semi-normal human at the grocery store she'll win in a landslide!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I was thinking he's now screwed even if he wins a lawsuit. IIRC its ultimately up to the House to decide who they want to seat after an election. Something about a disputed election like 30 years ago is the last time this came up. Polquin could have made a case as long as the votes were never allocated but now I don't think he's going to get a ton of sympathy from a Dem House and I'm not even sure the courts have the authority to order a new election.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  Can you give me an example of the dems listening to the reps? I can't think of an example from either side lately. I don't think either side is listening to the other at this point. It's extremely combative on both sides.
                  I think he meant "listening" in the sense that they shouldn't worry about them demonizing Pelosi, not in the sense of trying to work with or compromise with them. Mind you, the Dems shouldn't do the latter either, because the Republicans showed during Obama's first term that they can't be trusted to act in good faith.
                  Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-15-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Following a very popular Dem Governor. Walz is a case study in nothing.
                    Agreed. The better case study would be how won MN's 1st district.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      The dumb part is at least half of the Dems blocking Pelosi are doing so because she's too liberal, meaning that we're still waiting on an actual alternative that would be acceptable.
                      Yep, that's what I'm afraid of.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Can you give me an example of Republicans solving an actual problem? I've been waiting since 2010 for their great cheaper better faster Health Care Plan and nothing.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Can you give me an example of Republicans solving an actual problem? I've been waiting since 2010 for their great cheaper better faster Health Care Plan and nothing.
                          They just solved the problem of rover paying too much in taxes.... do you PAY attention?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            They just solved the problem of rover paying too much in taxes.... do you PAY attention?
                            Yes, yes I do. Very much in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              She's economically illiterate for one with the whole pay-go thing. She's also 80 something and at some point you're gonna want new blood in there. I don't think it's the end of the world if she gets the nod for this session and somebody eventually replaces her but there is certainly a case.

I don't think this decision has anything to do with what Republicans are saying, they'll attack whoever.
                              That's not economically illiterate, that's listening to the Republicans when they whine about deficits. That's what he meant, too many people listen to the Repub criticism, and say, "If only we do this, they won't hate us so much".

Democrats cower before Republican criticism, and so offer up only like-warm policy measures as a result. It's why Obama began every negotiating point from the middle, and compromised to the right. Dems need to stand up and say eff that, this is what we're gonna do. And Pelosi can get that done.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                They're handing out stock awards over here now! Good times.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X