Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Recount mania! I originally was going to blast the Secretary of State in Arizona but read the explanation for the slow vote count. Apparently they're using 1980's computers to process the ballots which were set up for a time when it was mostly overseas military people mailing them in. Now 75% of the state does mail in up to election day and the system can only process about 70K or so a day. Having said that winning this race would be huge. Apparently Dems won more House seats than the GOP this election in AZ and if they pick up a Senate seat too that reminds me of how Virginia as starting to trend blue 15 years ago.

Regarding Florida, Scott's antics do seem over the top unless he's trying to avoid a hand recount at all costs. If there is truly a 30K undercount of votes in Broward because the machine malfunctioned, only a hand recount will uncover that. If that is indeed the case (an IF at this point) he's screwed. Campaigns tend to know more than what's being reported so I'm sure they've modeled the #'s and know where the risks are. Puts all of his threats in a different context though.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Iím not sure I think you should have to resign if youíre running for higher office. It just doesnít make sense. Everyone is usually running for higher office in some respect.

It doesnít make sense to cripple the government because youíre running for office.

That being said, no one should run an election in which they are a party.
    BUT not all have conflict of interest. Beto being a rep and running for senate didnít mean he oversaw his race, so itís quitr different

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Recount mania! I originally was going to blast the Secretary of State in Arizona but read the explanation for the slow vote count. Apparently they're using 1980's computers to process the ballots which were set up for a time when it was mostly overseas military people mailing them in. Now 75% of the state does mail in up to election day and the system can only process about 70K or so a day. Having said that winning this race would be huge. Apparently Dems won more House seats than the GOP this election in AZ and if they pick up a Senate seat too that reminds me of how Virginia as starting to trend blue 15 years ago.
    There's been a massive influx into AZ - moderate midwesterners that are not necessarily seniors, californians, and yes Hispanics. Can't help but think AZ will be Virginianized.
    Go Gophers!

Trump and Rick Scott say that the unethical liberals are conjuring votes out of thin air in Florida.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I'm going to agree with Reich here, sort of.

If you're in an elected office, but running for higher office, you should have to resign the office you hold.
    He shouldnt need to resign, but he should recuse himself in the case of the election. He has a deputy secretary or someone else similar who can be in charge to at least give this the appearance of legitimate. Everything about the race looks fraudulent and completely rigged. I am not saying it was mind you, but you can easily make the case for it which screws the whole process.

I also think Kemp's camp is taking the wrong tact here. They are arguing she has no path to victory which may be true...but she doesnt need one. She only needs him to drop .4%. A runoff is a victory for now.

If the SoS still plans to certify on Tuesday then Abrams should file for an injunction on Monday.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Trump and Rick Scott say that the unethical liberals are conjuring votes out of thin air in Florida.
    It is very easy to do...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    It is very easy to do...
    Especially in Florida.

Rick Scott knows he is going to lose if all the votes are counted. I look forward to our resident Totally Not Trump Supporters explaining why using his current office to stop votes from being counted is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Rick Scott knows he is going to lose if all the votes are counted. I look forward to our resident Totally Not Trump Supporters explaining why using his current office to stop votes from being counted is ok.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    If you liked "GA GOP SoS trying to prevent people from voting in his Governor's race", you'll love its sequel, "FL GOP Gov try to stop votes from being counted in his Senate race"!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Yep, still here

He doesn't even have good personal lawyers
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That being said, no one should run an election in which they are a party.
    In a perfect world, the sitting Governor should have to appoint an independent commissioner (for real - someone with no party affiliation) to run the election when cases like this come up.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

So we've gone from "early and often" to stuffing the boxes after the fact?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Oh and apparently Fusion GPS is involved in the conspiracy to steal the Florida races. Nothing yet on whether Saul Alinksy and ACORN are involved too.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Thereís one report saying republican protesters are screaming outside election office in broward co to try and prevent votes being counted.

Democracy at its finest.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Thereís one report saying republican protesters are screaming outside election office in broward co to try and prevent votes being counted.

Democracy at its finest.
    https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2637...a8a6daa026.jpg

Plus Áa change, plus c'est la mÍme chose.

KDR

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2637...a8a6daa026.jpg

Plus Áa change, plus c'est la mÍme chose.
    Yeah I was going to say...it worked in 2000.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Thanks Rudy. Once the more rural votes from idiot America are in, stop counting the populated areas.
    Yeah, like it doesn't take longer to count 200,000 votes, as opposed to 20,000.
    Last edited by rufus; 11-09-2018 at 02:11 PM.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Way to go out on a limb.
    Taking the tough stance.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

She cheated and lost. ****ing Amazing.
    Hhaha, "Hillary's Lawyers". Jesus, as much as we joke about it, they really do have only one or two ****ing talking points.

KDR

Thread Information