Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’m just going to say I don’t like ranked choice.
    you would if you suffered 8 years under Paul LePage

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Just curious as to why?
      It’s not really a logical basis. It just doesn’t rub me the right way.

I think it adds unnecessary complexity and there’s more of a chance for shenanigans. I also think the average voter barely understands the implication of voting much less the complexities that lie with a ranked choice.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Please, I can't stop laughing....

@senatemajldr: My latest Op-Ed: Will Dems work with us, or simply put partisan politics ahead of the country? https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sen-...of-the-country
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          if somehow they did stop ranked choice voting, how is it fair to do anything other than hold a new election? Many people that voted for independents did so under the assumption that their second choice would go to the Democrat if necessary. Many would vote differently had they not voted under the assumption the election was using RCV.
          wasnt the 3rd place indy conservative?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Federal Judge ordered Georgia to protect and count the provisional ballots...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              wasnt the 3rd place indy conservative?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              3rd place was former Republican but said her voters should pick “anyone but Bruce” for their second choice.

Exit polls showed 9/10 of the independent voters favored Golden over Poliquin

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                if somehow they did stop ranked choice voting, how is it fair to do anything other than hold a new election? Many people that voted for independents did so under the assumption that their second choice would go to the Democrat if necessary. Many would vote differently had they not voted under the assumption the election was using RCV.
                It's perfectly fine to change the rules after the votes are cast. I wonder what he would have said if Clinton would have sued to use the popular vote instead of the electoral college after the 2016 election.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Another California GOPer lost in the House as Harder beat Denham. Two more seats are projected to flip to the Dems as well. California GOP seems to be blaming Trump
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Interesting. I guess I dont get how that violated the Civil Rights Act but I also dont get why the ballots were rejected if the identities could be confirmed by other means.

While I dont think Abrams is going to catch Kemp (though she has cut into the lead) this could flip the GA-7 which is super close.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Interesting. I guess I dont get how that violated the Civil Rights Act but I also dont get why the ballots were rejected if the identities could be confirmed by other means.

While I dont think Abrams is going to catch Kemp (though she has cut into the lead) this could flip the GA-7 which is super close.
                        She doesn't need to catch Kemp, she just needs to knock him below 50% so there'd be a runoff.

Comment

either voting is a civil right.
                          or white folks (as well as every other race and creed) is now covered.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            She doesn't need to catch Kemp, she just needs to knock him below 50% so there'd be a runoff.
                            Yeah I know and that is what I am talking about. She needs to cut about 17k to force a runoff. That is going to be very hard with the amount of votes left.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Another California GOPer lost in the House as Harder beat Denham. Two more seats are projected to flip to the Dems as well. California GOP seems to be blaming Trump
                              Given that the tax cut was designed to **** blue states...
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Still very sad to me how many people will continue to vote for blatant outright racism and against their economic interests at the same time. Seems that combination should have killed off much larger chunks of Red in the country.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X