2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

The three states that pushed Trump across the line in 2016 elected Democratic Senators and Governors. On the other hand, the Senate is going to be a long term GOP hold until progressive people stop all moving to about a dozen states
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      The three states that pushed Trump across the line in 2016 elected Democratic Senators and Governors. On the other hand, the Senate is going to be a long term GOP hold until progressive people stop all moving to about a dozen states
      Well that will also depend who is up. If a bunch of GOPers are up in 2020 it could flip if the Dems take back the WH.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well that will also depend who is up. If a bunch of GOPers are up in 2020 it could flip if the Dems take back the WH.
        The map in 2020 is about the opposite of this year's, I think the Dems are only defending 12? out of 33 seats. The problem is a lot of them are in solid red states, there aren't a lot of places you look at and think "yep, that'll flip."

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Saw a very foreboding tweet a few months back that said with projected demographic trends, by 2040 30% of the population could be in control of 70% of the Senate. And that 30% is gonna be old white People.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            The map in 2020 is about the opposite of this year's, I think the Dems are only defending 12? out of 33 seats. The problem is a lot of them are in solid red states, there aren't a lot of places you look at and think "yep, that'll flip."
            I'm ready for a **** ton of outside money to be spent on the Maine 2020 senate race

Comment

Senate also went more extreme. Flake, and Corker are gone. Even with just Blackburn it shifted more right. McSally pulls it out in Arizona and Arizona has shifted drastically right in the Senate replacing both McCain and Flake with Trumpers.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Senate also went more extreme. Flake, and Corker are gone. Even with just Blackburn it shifted more right. McSally pulls it out in Arizona and Arizona has shifted drastically right in the Senate replacing both McCain and Flake with Trumpers.
                Arizona they might not know til tomorrow. Lots of votes left especially in Maricopa County so both sides are going to be sweating a while on that one.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Yeah it wont be easy, but if Trump is polling at 41% there is always a chance.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Saw a very foreboding tweet a few months back that said with projected demographic trends, by 2040 30% of the population could be in control of 70% of the Senate. And that 30% is gonna be old white People.
                  538 had a couple interesting demographic points in their live blog last night. When looking at race and gender, the ONLY group that broke R was white men, white women were 49D-48R. When looking at race and age 2 groups went R, whites 45-64 and white 65+, every other group went D.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I'm ready for a **** ton of outside money to be spent on the Maine 2020 senate race
                    If Collins runs for re-election she wins easily. If she doesn’t, I think Dems have around a 90% chance of taking it if they nominate a moderate.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Biggest problem now is Mitch is going to run a Judge factory for 2 years and in 2020 if the Dems don't finally get the wave and the Red still controls the Senate you'll have another Obama situation where nothing will get done cause Mitch will obstruct everything again and you'll have a Democrat spending all his capital on marginal Health Care legislation and fixing the economic disaster left by Trump.

Rinse and Repeat.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        If Collins runs for re-election she wins easily. If she doesn’t, I think Dems have around a 90% chance of taking it if they nominate a moderate.
                        If she's up in 2020 she needs to go.

Comment

Would be huge if the Dems manage to get Montana and Arizona before things are said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            The Senate Democrats have been over performing the partisan makeup of the states just to occasionally be competitive. Those red state moderates just got wiped out in a best case scenario political environment. I can't help but think the Republicans essentially own the Senate now, and with it, the federal judiciary.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              The Senate Democrats have been over performing the partisan makeup of the states just to occasionally be competitive. Those red state moderates just got wiped out in a best case scenario political environment. I can't help but think the Republicans essentially own the Senate now, and with it, the federal judiciary.
                              Puerto Rico needs statehood ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Biggest problem now is Mitch is going to run a Judge factory for 2 years and in 2020 if the Dems don't finally get the wave and the Red still controls the Senate you'll have another Obama situation where nothing will get done cause Mitch will obstruct everything again and you'll have a Democrat spending all his capital on marginal Health Care legislation and fixing the economic disaster left by Trump.

Rinse and Repeat.
                                I dont think the Dems will half *** Health Care again. Despite the Rs ginning up hate on Immigration and trying everything they can to make that the central issue Health Care *ahem* trumped all. Even the economy being in good shape couldnt help them because of their stance on Health Care. The fact that the Rs were trying to pretend they wanted to protect pre-existing conditions the last two weeks means even the GOP realizes this is their big Achilles Heel right now.

Even in Red States people want Health Care, they want expanded coverage, they want pre-existing conditions and they want to spend less money. The Dems have the numbers to show that, and if they take back power they will definitely use that.

As was said last night, the first thing Pelosi should do is put a bill out there to "fix" ObamaCare amongst other things. Nothing is going to pass anyways but the best way to NOT be called an obstructionist is to put out solutions and force THEM to say no. Spend the next two years making the GOP look bad on health care.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X