Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    One more:

Highest mid-term voter turnout (gross numbers or by percentage of electorate) in last 100 years, and by percentage higher than at least one Presidential election year in the last 100.
    I'm thinking I'm in good shape with these predictions.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

One more:

Highest mid-term voter turnout (gross numbers or by percentage of electorate) in last 100 years, and by percentage higher than at least one Presidential election year in the last 100.
      Judging from when I voted (11 am & a 50 minute wait), I think it's a safe bet.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Maine stays the same, with weasel boy Poliquin barely getting by Dem Golden. Ranked choice voting may screw that prediction up ?? Governor goes to Dem Mills.. Every bond issue passes like they always do
        Like I thought, except the home health care didn't pass. 2nd District too close to call with 72% in
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think Heitkamp finishes far closer to Cramer in ND than the polling so far, say within 4 points.
          So, ah, um, er, uh, ... let's just say I missed on this one badly.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

ND Measure 1 passes (because it has the word "ethics" in it; it's a reasonable proposal with a horrible supremacy clause).
            ND Measure 3 fails (no legalized marijuana this time around).
            Two for two here (and Measure 1 is still terrible with that supremacy clause).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Calgary Ted beats Robert Francis O'Beto but within the mandatory recount margin.
              Right guy, wrong margin. I thought Beto'd be closer, but that still had Cruz sweating at 11 pm Eastern.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

One more:

I need a ruling from the judges on this one ...

About 113 million Americans are estimated to have come out to exercise their right to vote on this election, according to an initial turnout estimate from Edison Research. That’s 49 percent of the total population eligible to vote, a record for a midterm election in the U.S.
                https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/elec...ry?id=59028795

Oh great. I get these guys for the call ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Ballots going to Secretary of States office for ranked choice voting count in 2nd District. If Poliquin loses in ranked choice count which I think he will, its off to court.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Ballots going to Secretary of States office for ranked choice voting count in 2nd District. If Poliquin loses in ranked choice count which I think he will, its off to court.
                    Pls explain.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Right guy, wrong margin. I thought Beto'd be closer, but that still had Cruz sweating at 11 pm Eastern.

HA. I think I'm going to nail the House prediction once those California ballots come in. I said a net of 40 taking into account the 2 or 3 they'd lose (PA, and two in Minny). Right now they've won or are leading in maybe 35 IIRC with 4 races in CA and the ME race still outstanding but with Goopers with a small lead.

Missed by a couple on Gov's (had 9, ended up 7). Missed on FL and OH but Dems gained KS.

Senate much worse at a current 3 seat loss unless some recounts go their way. I didn't have Nelson losing and had AZ as a win.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Pls explain.
                        Since Maine is the first state to implement ranked choice voting, he's going to sue saying it shouldn't be allowed.

I doubt he wins, since states can set up their elections play much however they want.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Since Maine is the first state to implement ranked choice voting, he's going to sue saying it shouldn't be allowed.
                          Is that what Fargo, ND, just passed?
                          https://ballotpedia.org/Fargo,_North...November_2018)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Is that what Fargo, ND, just passed?
                            https://ballotpedia.org/Fargo,_North...November_2018)
                            No.

Approval voting means you can vote for multiple people, and the one with the most tallies wins. So a conservative could vote for both the GOP and the libertarian, while a liberal could vote for both the Dem and the Green party.

Ranked choice means you can rank candidates in order of preference. If no one gets 50%+1, the person with fewest votes is eliminated and they go to those voters' second choices. And so on and so forth until someone gets a majority.

Comment

No.

Approval voting means you can vote for multiple people, and the one with the most tallies wins. So a conservative could vote for both the GOP and the libertarian, while a liberal could vote for both the Dem and the Green party.

Ranked choice means you can rank candidates in order of preference. If no one gets 50%+1, the person with fewest votes is eliminated and they go to those voters' second choices. And so on and so forth until someone gets a majority.
                              AKA a significantly better system of voting...
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I doubt he wins, since states can set up their elections play much however they want.
                                The Supremes ruled it wasn't constitutional in the Maine Constitution so it wasn't used for governor or state legislature. They then said they don't have authority over federal office, so they left Senate and House alone.

So it's a cluster****
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X