Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Ranked choice means you can rank candidates in order of preference. If no one gets 50%+1, the person with fewest votes is eliminated and they go to those voters' second choices. And so on and so forth until someone gets a majority.
    Thanks for the info.

In a ranked system, are you allowed to pick "1" and not pick a "2" or "3" in a three-person race?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Thanks for the info.

In a ranked system, are you allowed to pick "1" and not pick a "2" or "3" in a three-person race?
      https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Comment

What I glean from this (http://www.lwvme.org/RCV.html) is that if I only fill in a dot for first choice and my first choice is lowest in round one (and eliminated) I effectively abstain from round two if I don't make a second choice.

I can't wait to see how that'll work in Florida when someone picks Candidate X in all three rounds. That'll make hanging chads seem easy.

Or when someone picks X in round one, no choice for a second choice, but Z as a third choice. That'll be a hoot!
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          What I glean from this (http://www.lwvme.org/RCV.html) is that if I only fill in a dot for first choice and my first choice is lowest in round one (and eliminated) I effectively abstain from round two if I don't make a second choice.

I can't wait to see how that'll work in Florida when someone picks Candidate X in all three rounds. That'll make hanging chads seem easy.

Or when someone picks X in round one, no choice for a second choice, but Z as a third choice. That'll be a hoot!
          That's the point where we relegate Florida to a commonwealth and promote Puerto Rico to statehood.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
          X