Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Well, the day is here (and thank you God, because I can't stand the election ads any longer).

Make your prognostications here. And I mean specific. Pick the upset. Pick the margin of a candidate over another. Pick how the House or Senate splits come January (to the numbers).

Let your inner Nate Silver shine!
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Re: Mid-term Prognostications 2018 -- Time to Shine like Silver!

Dems win the House by 30 Seats.
    Republicans keep the Senate with 51 Seats.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

House: +40 net for Dems (they'll drop one in Minny and one in PA due to redistricting).
      Senate: 49/51. Win NV and AZ. Lose ND and either MO or IN (I'd say MO more likely). All other seats remain with incumbent party.
      Gov: +9 with Dem wins in ME, FL, OH, MI, IL, IA, WI, NM and NV. Would love to add GA to that but won't predict that will happen.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think the Dems gain 53 seats in the House. I think the Senate stays the same, 51/49.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I think Heitkamp finishes far closer to Cramer in ND than the polling so far, say within 4 points.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

House +33 Dems

Senate 49/51

Hawley, Cramer, for GOP but Sinema and Rosen for Dem.

Georgia goes to run off in December, leading to mass hysteria in the Peach State at another month of ads
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Michigan

There will be a hand recount in at least one of MI-8 and MI-11.

Stabenow wins by at least 5 points, despite losing some ground to John James the last few weeks.

Whitmer beats Schuette by 3-4 points.

BI 1 (marijuana) & 3 (voter reg reform) pass, but BI2 re: the redistricting commission doesn't get to 50% because of the Republican disinformation campaign

The Rest of the Republic

Dems pick up 34 seats in the House, tilting it 227-208 in their favor

Senate ends up 51/49 when Dems win NV, and McCaskill and Donnelly both survive by less than 1%, but they lose the Arizona and (obv) North Dakota races

Cruz wins 53/47.
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-06-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

ND Measure 1 passes (because it has the word "ethics" in it; it's a reasonable proposal with a horrible supremacy clause).
                ND Measure 3 fails (no legalized marijuana this time around).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Calgary Ted beats Robert Francis O'Beto but within the mandatory recount margin.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

One more:

Highest mid-term voter turnout (gross numbers or by percentage of electorate) in last 100 years, and by percentage higher than at least one Presidential election year in the last 100.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If you think there is any chance at all that the Dems can switch the Senate (given their near certainty to take over the House), Bovada will give you a pretty nice payout on your $100.

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/politic...e-201811070001

On the other hand, if the GOP retains the House and the Dems take over the Senate, we're going to want to check with Bovada to see who, exactly, may have placed some sizable bets on that outcome.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Maryland

Hogan wins reelection
                        Franchot wins Comptroller
                        Frosh upset in AG race (more wishful thinking than anything)

Dems win their 7 House districts, GOP gets their 1.
                        Cardin wins Senate reelection

Constitutional amendment 1 (lockbox gambling income for education) passes.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

MI
                          Slotkin wins MI 8 by 50/49
                          Stabenow wins senate 52/48
                          Whitmer wins governor 54/46
                          All three props pass, but 2 by a razor thin margin

Nationally
                          Kemp frauds himself to a close victory in GA
                          Gillum wins in Florida 52/48
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Democrats sweep the House and Governor races in Alaska, BANK ON IT!

Or in reality the Democrats might win Governor but lose the House seat.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Maine stays the same, with weasel boy Poliquin barely getting by Dem Golden. Ranked choice voting may screw that prediction up ?? Governor goes to Dem Mills.. Every bond issue passes like they always do
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                              X