UMass is NewMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass is NewMass

UMass needs a thread as they are the new team to watch in Hockey East and even nationally, now that they have moved up the rankings to #9, deservedly so.
    Last edited by msprice; 11-05-2018, 04:47 PM.

Re: UMass is NewMass

Ok.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

It's been awhile since there has been an active UMass thread. Welcome. Greg Carvel appears to be on the brink of turning this program around.

Comment

Now if only there were some UMass fans....
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

It surprises me that with such a large school that there hasn't been a thread here for a while. Maybe because they were so bad for so long. But things have certainly changed recently with Carvel and the players he has brought in. They are a force to be reckoned with this year and into the near future at least.

Comment

So, now we have a proxy thread?

Reminds of a fraternity canine mascot at UNH pulling a 4.0 for four years of premed courses in the early 1970s, only to be deterred from a career in medicine by a slip up in his med school exams.

Comment

Maybe there’s no UMass fans on here because there’s nobody worth talking to on this god forsaken web site
              Sons of old Massachusetts,
              Devoted daughters true,
              Bay State, old Bay State,
              We'll give our best to you.

Comment

I would guess that the administration promised resources for Carvel when he was hired. Umass has an excellent facility, but always placed more value on supporting basketball and football.

Comment

Where are Wardy. Karen, Alan etc.?
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Only calling them NewMass from this point forward

Comment

UMass was always the cellar dweller in Hockey East but the last few years they have certainly turned it around. Now the football and basketball teams are taking a back seat to them. Coach Carvel turned it around for St. Lawrence as well and now Jacob Pritchard, former recruit and player there, has joined him here as well. They have a tough week ahead with home and home with Providence, should be two great games.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        Where are Wardy. Karen, Alan etc.?
                        Speaking for myself, I still lurk here. We tend to congregate on our Facebook group, Twitter or the UMassHoops board. Its not like we've had much to squawk about the last decade. And, yes, we're off to a good start, but we've not won anything yet.

And Alan's not far off on his assessment above.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Reminds of a fraternity canine mascot at UNH pulling a 4.0 for four years of premed courses in the early 1970s, only to be deterred from a career in medicine by a slip up in his med school exams.
                        Exhibit A.
                        Last edited by Kieron; 11-06-2018, 08:19 AM.
                        GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Bring the discussion on to this site and allow others to join in your fun.

Comment

looking forward to following the UMass - Providence hockey gms later this week & wknd. Two very strong & talented teams.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              looking forward to following the UMass - Providence hockey gms later this week & wknd. Two very strong & talented teams.
                              Agreed. Both games are being televised too. Thursday on NESN and Saturday on NBCSports Boston.

Comment

Working...
                              X