X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Somehow I see common sense in whatever law exists allowing for some situations like this without immediately jailing people. But let's say your grandpa has grandkids who go into the attic, still a super responsible gun owner?
    They wouldn't know the combo to the safe. My brother has a gun, in a safe, his daughters NOR his fiancee know the combo.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You're saying that having ALL sales having background checks, having double-verified mental health checks won't result in reductions?? Really?
      No because a number of a-holes that pass the checks will buy them en masse and sell them off market where background checks are not required. I also severely doubt there is any way to implement a system strong enough and efficient enough to work. I am not against having background checks but it's a band-aid compared to other ideas out there.

And again nothing you've said negates the legitimacy of my proposal outside the fact you are of the opinion OMGZNOBNZ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        No because a number of a-holes that pass the checks will buy them en masse and sell them off market where background checks are not required. I also severely doubt there is any way to implement a system strong enough and efficient enough to work. I am not against having background checks but it's a band-aid compared to other ideas out there.

And again nothing you've said negates the legitimacy of my proposal outside the fact you are of the opinion OMGZNOBNZ!!!
        The bolded/underlined is part of what I want fixed. I meant ALL SALES. Period. ALL of them.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The bolded/underlined is part of what I want fixed. I meant ALL SALES. Period. ALL of them.
          How would that work? Without a registry you would never know if someone broke the law and sold their gun privately to someone else. Seems we need registration first. And, how we going to round all those registrations up?

Just as easy to ban, and put mechanisms in place to get rid of the semi-autos all together.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            So, let's say the banning of all the guns happens tomorrow. John Doe, who has obeyed every single gun law in his life, happens to have a gun after the ban. Boom, done. Arrested. Jailed. Despite the 2nd Amendment, all that jazz. It was in a safe and he forgot about it, I dunno. It was an antique gun that is un-usable and in the attic. Still illegal.

There would be situations like this. My dad was cleaning out his dad's house after his death, and found a safe in the attic with 3 antique guns in there. Completely useless, even the firearms expert said to either display only, or destroy them. NEVER attempt to fire them.
            I’m not sure how it is in the rest of the country, but in Maine people commit HORRIBLE crimes and only get a slap on the wrist. A kid I went to high school with almost stabbed his girlfriend to death and only got five years. It’s hard for me to believe we are going to lock people up for a political crime.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Sad that one side of the argument is still to do nothing just because of random reasons.

Not at all recognizing the change in how the NRA acted, and seeing how using fear, gun sales sky rocketed. Not for sport guns but for weapons designed to kill many people, quickly.

Not sure there is a point in arguing when one side can’t bother to see that. Eventually, that will lead to the repeal of the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                The idea of going back to revolvers and single shot shotguns/rifles is dead. Will never happen, because as Fade said, we are in too deep at this point.
                But we should all go back to settling our disputes with fists.

The common sense approach from the centrist.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I’m not sure how it is in the rest of the country, but in Maine people commit HORRIBLE crimes and only get a slap on the wrist. A kid I went to high school with almost stabbed his girlfriend to death and only got five years. It’s hard for me to believe we are going to lock people up for a political crime.
                  How many Drew? Stop dodging he question.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Eventually, that will lead to the repeal of the 2nd.
                    I'd like to see an approach to the 2nd amendment similar to the lie republicans had about Obamacare. Unlike Obamacare, which the republicans only really planned to repeal and not also replace, let's repeal the second amendment and replace it with a new amendment that speaks to the realities of 2018. Yeah I know that is a pipedream.

Comment

We could just legalize murder.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        So gun owners are insane for carrying guns in case they get mugged, robbed, raped, whatever, but schools are perfectly rational for preparing for something that is even rarer? That makes a lot of sense. The active shooter drills in schools shouldn’t be allowed to happen.
                        Said gun owners carrying guns kill more innocents than are saved by their own guns. For every dude killing a would be mugger etc., I'll show you two that got their gun out in anger and killed someone 'just because' they had emotional issues.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Said gun owners carrying guns kill more innocents than are saved by their own guns. For every dude killing a would be mugger etc., I'll show you two that got their gun out in anger and killed someone 'just because' they had emotional issues.
                          And there's the base problem in this country.

Comment

And there's the base problem in this country.
                            If that's the problem there is no fix. Which means we have to take the guns away. Period.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              If that's the problem there is no fix. Which means we have to take the guns away. Period.
                              That's why I hope for double-verified mental health checks before allowing a person to own a gun. Have PTSD? No gun. Depression? No gun. Bi-polar? No gun.

Comment

That's why I hope for double-verified mental health checks before allowing a person to own a gun. Have PTSD? No gun. Depression? No gun. Bi-polar? No gun.
                                We don't even have good mental health health care in the country now even without adding the gun issue. You got money for that? Easier just to take the ****ing guns away.

Comment

Working...
                                X