X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Wisconsin strikes again

“Every employee of a Wisconsin novelty glassware company will be given their choice of revolver for Christmas in an effort to promote personal safety.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rnd=1542162207

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Wisconsin strikes again

“Every employee of a Wisconsin novelty glassware company will be given their choice of revolver for Christmas in an effort to promote personal safety.”

Required gun safety class. That's good, sincerely. If an employee wants to opt out, I would hope the employer gives them a cash equivalent (personally, I'd take the cash).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wisconsin strikes again

At least they required a gun safety course....
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          At least they required a gun safety course....
          Ok fine, but what an asinine gift. Only in America would people even want this crap

Comment

Wisconsin strikes again

Let's celebrate our savior's birth by handing out implements of death.
            Love thy neighbor, unless they trespass, then shot the ****
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Oh, I think that's in the New King Donald Bible: Matthew 2, 9-12

(9) After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. (10) When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. (11) On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, oxycontin and 9mm. (12) And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I doubt you’ll find many gun owners who think people like these should have their guns.
                Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Wrong. I’ve posted ad nauseum if someone is a threat to themselves or others they shouldn’t possess guns.
                How do you define this? I have asked a few avid 'don't take my guns' folk this question and also to give suggestions of what they would consider reasonable regulations regarding ownership. I have never gotten an answer. (going on about 5 yrs now). If I get any acknowledgement at all it is an immediate response about the slippery slope but no answer that could be constructive. So maybe you can answer. What do you think would be reasonable as a way to increase safety while preserving the right to own?

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                I find the type of person that has a desire to keep a loaded firearm bedside to be a threat to themselves and others. So, I guess that means people that many of the people that want guns shouldn't possess guns.

I'm glad we agree.
                Yes.

I really don't get the rabid opposition to requiring licensing, to make sure people know safety and how to care for a gun. My kid pointed out he could legally buy a gun in some places before he could drink or rent a car. His opinion about that was.... not favorable.

Comment

Wisconsin strikes again

At least it's a revolver, and not a 9mm Glock. Plus the safety course, sure.

What are the implications if you don't accept the gift, though? First on the chopping block during the next recession, for "not fitting in with our culture", I'll bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

What are the implications if you don't accept the gift, though? First on the chopping block during the next recession, for "not fitting in with our culture", I'll bet.
                    They get a K-Bar knife?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'd like to imagine there's an alternate gift of equivalent monetary value. You could be right about the "not fitting in," and I'll reserve hope that that won't be the case.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Representative Swalwell was surely just kidding around when he said, "The government has nukes", in response to the posit that not everyone would willing accept confiscation by force.

Not his finest hour.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/16/r...un-confiscatio

https://www.google.com/search?q=cong...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I think Swalwell may have, for the first time in over one hundred weeks, knocked POTUS out of the "worst elected official Tweet of the week" number one ranking.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          How do you define this? I have asked a few avid 'don't take my guns' folk this question and also to give suggestions of what they would consider reasonable regulations regarding ownership. I have never gotten an answer. (going on about 5 yrs now). If I get any acknowledgement at all it is an immediate response about the slippery slope but no answer that could be constructive. So maybe you can answer. What do you think would be reasonable as a way to increase safety while preserving the right to own?

Yes.

I really don't get the rabid opposition to requiring licensing, to make sure people know safety and how to care for a gun. My kid pointed out he could legally buy a gun in some places before he could drink or rent a car. His opinion about that was.... not favorable.
                          And yet more sounds of crickets....
                          You would think this would not be a hard thing to answer if one was being reasonable instead of reactive

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Representative Swalwell was surely just kidding around when he said, "The government has nukes", in response to the posit that not everyone would willing accept confiscation by force.

Not his finest hour.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/16/r...un-confiscatio

https://www.google.com/search?q=cong...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I think Swalwell may have, for the first time in over one hundred weeks, knocked POTUS out of the "worst elected official Tweet of the week" number one ranking.
                            Sure did a good job triggering the ammosexuals, though.

And no, one ill-advised attempt at sarcasm doesn't knock Trump out of first place in the race for the worst human in DC.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              And yet more sounds of crickets....
                              You would think this would not be a hard thing to answer if one was being reasonable instead of reactive
                              I have answered this a few times, as has Scooby, even Drew (!!!) and a few others.

Comment

Brent has been consistent about his proposals. Drew has mostly murmured about "mental health checks", while simultaneously defending Trump's end to Obama's policy on dementia patients being denied guns, so that tells you all you need to know about Drew's opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X