X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I like when we compare gun deaths to automobile deaths.

Cars serve a purpose other than killing machine (I recognize and approve of guns used for hunting and putting food on the table).
    Cars require a driver to pass a test, be licensed, and renew that license every few years. Cars require insurance.

I'd like to see licensing, testing and insurance applied across the board to guns.
    it already exists

remember the Affordable Health Care Act? The War On Poverty & Great Society?
    how did that work out?
    you people keep throwing solutions at problems and hope it will solve them
    then when it doesn't you throw more solutions and hope it works
    this thread is a great example why nothing gets done, the politicians do what gets them elected, and you morons just keep throwing crap against the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Meanwhile, many of us are FOR "protect me from morons with guns" and you spout your usual extremism either in a sarcastic way (grenades) or a (basically) BANZ THE GUNZ way.
      No you're not. If you were you'd be promoting tax increases across the board to get the necessary mental health facilities and personnel in place. Right now we don't do that. We can't even afford to pay for the VA which is where many of our mental health needs are right now.

Round up the Semi-Autos now. Ban them all. Done.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        it already exists

how did that work out?
        this thread is a great example why nothing gets done, the politicians do what gets them elected, and you morons just keep throwing crap against the wall
        I'm aware it already exists....that's why I stated "across the board".

So, in your opinion if a solution does not entirely solve an issue, there is no sense in trying it?

My job centers around fixing problems. Not every solution is a 100% fix, but every step in the right direction contributes to the bottom line.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No you're not. If you were you'd be promoting tax increases across the board to get the necessary mental health facilities and personnel in place. Right now we don't do that. We can't even afford to pay for the VA which is where many of our mental health needs are right now.

Round up the Semi-Autos now. Ban them all. Done.
          Are you saying that I don't want increases in mental health care, and mental health checks for gun owners? Because that is the exact opposite of what I have been saying. The exact opposite.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            I'm pretty sure we can thank the military for stopping the Nazis and not gun owners. This wasn't done by some rednecks with their own personal weapons
            Russia and England deserve most of the thanks. If not for them gun owners likely would have been taking on the Nazis here.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Are you saying that I don't want increases in mental health care, and mental health checks for gun owners? Because that is the exact opposite of what I have been saying. The exact opposite.
              Then you should be pushing Democratic candidates hard because that's the only party that's interested in paying for anything.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                it already exists

how did that work out?
                It's throwing money at the problem. Take cholera as an example. Do you vaccinate the people against cholera or get rid of the thit in the water?

There's a reason why we're killing each other and it's not guns. Guns are the instrument of death. Find out what motivates the death dealers and you'll solve the problem.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

So, in your opinion if a solution does not entirely solve an issue, there is no sense in trying it?

My job centers around fixing problems. Not every solution is a 100% fix, but every step in the right direction contributes to the bottom line.
                  Maybe you need to take a class in problem solving.

Applying a solution takes time, so if the first solution isn’t the best one, you’ve wasted time. Notice that in the case of “health care is too expensive” we have wasted almost two administrations worth of time and expenses have gone up (which is the reason even Democrats prefer to call it ObamaCare because it obscures the fact it failed to accomplish what it was supposed to do). If a proper solution was tried first, we wouldn’t have wasted all the time and money to this point. Notice some Democrats are saying “single payer” or “let’s do what Canada does” without even having studied the problem to see if it would be a workable solution for the US. The politicians do this because they know suckers like you will vote for them in hopes of solving the problem.

In short, doing exactly what is being done here.

If you read the second Amendment, and the debate that lead up to it, the whole point of it is not to guarantee hunters or other sporting use of firearms, it is to protect citizens from a tyrannical government. Thus, limiting magazine size is unconstitutional, if we are going to protect ourselves from the government we need arms with enough firepower to battle the tools of politicians, our military and police. Therefore, magazines should in theory be unlimited in size, but like all things in our government, a compromise has been met. In reality the only legitimate use of a firearm given by our Constitution is to remove a tyrannical government from power, or prevent them from taking power.

The magazine for my deer rifle only holds 4 shots, my shotgun 6, enough for deer hunting but woefully inadequate for what our founding fathers established the 2nd amendment. If I am to fulfill my duty of citizen militia, a much larger magazine is required.

Comment

If you read the second Amendment, and the debate that lead up to it, the whole point of it is not to guarantee hunters or other sporting use of firearms, it is to protect citizens from a tyrannical government. Thus, limiting magazine size is unconstitutional, if we are going to protect ourselves from the government we need arms with enough firepower to battle the tools of politicians, our military and police. Therefore, magazines should in theory be unlimited in size, but like all things in our government, a compromise has been met. In reality the only legitimate use of a firearm given by our Constitution is to remove a tyrannical government from power, or prevent them from taking power.
                    Anyone who thinks they can protect themselves from the government with any arsenal they can accumulate is on crack and should be first in line for a civil commitment for life.

Comment

Anyone who thinks they can protect themselves from the government with any arsenal they can accumulate is on crack and should be first in line for a civil commitment for life.
                      The Viet Cong is on line 1 for you.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        The Viet Cong is on line 1 for you.
                        No. Sorry. You're not going to be able to protect yourself from the US Government. Forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Russia and England deserve most of the thanks. If not for them gun owners likely would have been taking on the Nazis here.
                          Russia (and England if you believe that) didn't have losers with guns roving their streets every day prior to the war...and still managed to do just fine.

If you read the second Amendment, and the debate that lead up to it, the whole point of it is not to guarantee hunters or other sporting use of firearms, it is to protect citizens from a tyrannical government.
                          The constitution doesn't guarantee where guns are allowed. If it did, they'd be on aircraft. Also - where in the heck is this militia that's tied to gun ownership and is mandated in the constitution? Every Saturday gun owners should be drilling and right now all gun owners should be stationed at the Mexico border protecting our country - that's why they're given the right.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

you must be unfamiliar with the Spanish Civil War, which was a true civil war unlike ours which would be better named The War Between The States

and you must not be familiar with the oath taken entering the military:
                            I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

whose side do you think soldiers and police (many of whom have served in the military) will be on, a tyrant, or the people?

Comment

you must be unfamiliar with the Spanish Civil War, which was a true civil war unlike ours which would be better named The War Between The States

and you must not be familiar with the oath taken entering the military:
                              I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

whose side do you think soldiers and police (many of whom have served in the military) will be on, a tyrant, or the people?
                              ROTFLMAO. Get this guy a bed at Bedford.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Every Saturday gun owners should be drilling and right now all gun owners should be stationed at the Mexico border protecting our country - that's why they're given the right.
                                you really are ignorant, there is a citizen militia along the border, and most if not all members of the citizen militia do "drill"

you lefties in large cities and along the coasts will self destruct as you fight for food and water, I wouldn't bother if I were you, you are doomed

Comment

Working...
                                X