Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    You do.
    Wrong. I’ve posted ad nauseum if someone is a threat to themselves or others they shouldn’t possess guns.

not particularly bad

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Wrong. I’ve posted ad nauseum if someone is a threat to themselves or others they shouldn’t possess guns.
    I find the type of person that has a desire to keep a loaded firearm bedside to be a threat to themselves and others. So, I guess that means people that many of the people that want guns shouldn't possess guns.

I'm glad we agree.

That may be a stricter definition than even myself. Everyone who carries a gun is a threat to others.
    Go Gophers!

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    And yet you're so frigging stupid you can't even see how badly you've owned yourself with your own words

Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I find the type of person that has a desire to keep a loaded firearm bedside to be a threat to themselves and others. So, I guess that means people that many of the people that want guns shouldn't possess guns.

I'm glad we agree.
    This. Why? That is irresponsible.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Wisconsin strikes again

“Every employee of a Wisconsin novelty glassware company will be given their choice of revolver for Christmas in an effort to promote personal safety.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rnd=1542162207

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Wisconsin strikes again

“Every employee of a Wisconsin novelty glassware company will be given their choice of revolver for Christmas in an effort to promote personal safety.”

Required gun safety class. That's good, sincerely. If an employee wants to opt out, I would hope the employer gives them a cash equivalent (personally, I'd take the cash).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Wisconsin strikes again

At least they required a gun safety course....

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    At least they required a gun safety course....
    Ok fine, but what an asinine gift. Only in America would people even want this crap

not particularly bad

Wisconsin strikes again

Let's celebrate our savior's birth by handing out implements of death.
    Love thy neighbor, unless they trespass, then shot the ****

Oh, I think that's in the New King Donald Bible: Matthew 2, 9-12

(9) After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. (10) When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. (11) On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, oxycontin and 9mm. (12) And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

I doubt you’ll find many gun owners who think people like these should have their guns.
    How do you define this? I have asked a few avid 'don't take my guns' folk this question and also to give suggestions of what they would consider reasonable regulations regarding ownership. I have never gotten an answer. (going on about 5 yrs now). If I get any acknowledgement at all it is an immediate response about the slippery slope but no answer that could be constructive. So maybe you can answer. What do you think would be reasonable as a way to increase safety while preserving the right to own?

Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

I'm glad we agree.
    Yes.

I really don't get the rabid opposition to requiring licensing, to make sure people know safety and how to care for a gun. My kid pointed out he could legally buy a gun in some places before he could drink or rent a car. His opinion about that was.... not favorable.

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Wisconsin strikes again

At least it's a revolver, and not a 9mm Glock. Plus the safety course, sure.

What are the implications if you don't accept the gift, though? First on the chopping block during the next recession, for "not fitting in with our culture", I'll bet.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

What are the implications if you don't accept the gift, though? First on the chopping block during the next recession, for "not fitting in with our culture", I'll bet.
    They get a K-Bar knife?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'd like to imagine there's an alternate gift of equivalent monetary value. You could be right about the "not fitting in," and I'll reserve hope that that won't be the case.

Thread Information