X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Amazon to split HQ2 between NYC and NoVA.

Covering both the sociopathic dbag bases. Perfect for them.
    NYC and Northern Virginia are sociopathic dbag bases?
    Go Gophers!

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        NYC and Northern Virginia are sociopathic dbag bases?
        Is this a serious question?

Comment

Is this a serious question?
          Assuming your comment is serious. NYC and Northern Virginia believe in gun control, appropriate taxes, healthcare, women's right to choose, no tariffs, don't cheat on say everything, aren't racist, and they unquestionably hate Trump. The other half of America is much lower on my list.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Assuming your comment is serious. NYC and Northern Virginia believe in gun control, appropriate taxes, healthcare, women's right to choose, no tariffs, don't cheat on say everything, aren't racist, and they unquestionably hate Trump. The other half of America is much lower on my list.
            Sociopathic behavior expresses itself in many different ways; they don't have to be political Neanderthals.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Sociopathic behavior expresses itself in many different ways; they don't have to be political Neanderthals.
              True. But if we judge say 70%+ of the people out there as a (insert negative stereotype)...don't at some point we become the dbag?
              Go Gophers!

Comment

True. But if we judge say 70%+ of the people out there as (insert negative stereotype)...don't at some point we become the dbag?
                Sociopathic behavior isn't a guarantee that someone will become a dbag. Some people are that way that go down as great heroes in our history books. (I'm thinking Benjamin Franklin and George S. Patton as two examples.)
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Sociopathic behavior isn't a guarantee that someone will become a dbag. Some people are that way that go down as great heroes in our history books. (I'm thinking Benjamin Franklin and George S. Patton as two examples.)
                  As a clinic term...but unfortunately, society more frequently uses it in derogatory terms.

Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=Sociopath
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Describes Wall Street and most of DC to a T, AFAIC. So yes, I will stand by my previous statement.

Comment

Describes Wall Street and most of DC to a T, AFAIC. So yes, I will stand by my previous statement.
                      I was wondering who was arguing which point.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

There's a study that found many CEOs exhibit sociopathic traits out there somewhere. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

My dad quotes that often.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, we pay how much for a simple cup of coffee??

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/b...501631141.html
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Well, we pay how much for a simple cup of coffee??

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/b...501631141.html
                              This was a fcking awesome own.

Comment

This was a fcking awesome own.
                                There needs to be two stories a day like this one and the one with the government going after Floyd Mayweather for failing to disclose he was getting paid to rep a company through his twitter account, until the public rises up and dumps every "influencer" in a hole in the ground and fills it in with dirt.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X