Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence @ RPI 11/3/18 Do Not Forget to turn back the clock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence @ RPI 11/3/18 Do Not Forget to turn back the clock!!

This portion of the rule book was found on college hockey inc. as I'm not near a computer and my phone has trouble with pdfs...
    Video replay. During the season, at a conference's discretion, video replay may be used by the on-ice officials using a monitor at the scorers' table. All goals are reviewed initially by a replay official. Should a situation occur that the replay official believes requires a review (or if the on-ice referee decides to review a play), the replay official will offer information and assist in the review. The on-ice referees will review the play at the scorer's bench and make the decision.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      This portion of the rule book was found on college hockey inc. as I'm not near a computer and my phone has trouble with pdfs...
      It's not exactly that now, but rule 93 (pages 82-83) is close enough. It states 11 points where the referee may choose to review, as well as a situational 12th based on game timing. The puck crossing the goal line is most definitely one of them, as well as if the puck crosses before the ref determines play has stopped. Because RPI has an ice level video monitor, the referee may do the entire review with or without the assistance of a replay official, depending on its availability. It's only when you don't have that monitor down there does a replay official have to review it, and then the referee verifies. Here's what it states, at least in terms of procedure; I won't bother putting up the criteria specifics, just the part about who can review what:

Rule 93 - Video Replay
      Video Replay
      - Video replay is permissible in any game. In order to reverse
      an on-ice ruling, the replay must include conclusive video evidence.
      On-Ice Official Procedure
      - The referee may use a video monitor located
      at ice level to review any of the criteria in Rule 93.4. If available a video
      replay official may assist the on-ice official with the review (See 93.3). The
      on-ice official makes the final decision.
      Off-Ice Official Procedure
      - Should a monitor not be available to the
      referees at the ice level, a video review official may be utilized to make the
      determination. All goals will be reviewed by the video replay official. Play
      shall not resume before the on-ice official verifies the review. The video
      replay official may request to review a potentially non-detected goal.
      Video Replay Criteria
      - The following criteria are subject to the use of
      video replay. Items 1-11 may be reviewed through either referee discretion
      or by a coach's challenge. Items 12-14 include a description of when review
      is allowed.
      The full criteria is below:

Comment

So what you are telling me is that the review was initiated by someone other than the referee that pointed to the net?
        If that is true, then I have no problem with overturning the goal. As long as it wasn't the referee questioning his own call, I am ok with the decision.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          So what you are telling me is that the review was initiated by someone other than the referee that pointed to the net?
          If that is true, then I have no problem with overturning the goal. As long as it wasn't the referee questioning his own call, I am ok with the decision.
          It was definitely the referee crew that initiated it, given Mastrangelo went to McDonald at his position right after the goal, and then together they went to the monitor, based on the replay ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLcj-MF-1uE&t=4260 ), so maybe Chip saw the puck in front despite being the trail ref to watch the off-puck play. Not sure if that's going to satisfy you or not, but that's what I see from the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            It was definitely the referee crew that initiated it, given Mastrangelo went to McDonald at his position right after the goal, and then together they went to the monitor, based on the replay ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLcj-MF-1uE&t=4260 ), so maybe Chip saw the puck in front despite being the trail ref to watch the off-puck play. Not sure if that's going to satisfy you or not, but that's what I see from the evidence.
            That would satisfy me. As I said, it looked like the ref that pointed was the one who initiated the review, and that would have been wrong.
            As long as it came from someone else I am ok with it.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Working...
            X