D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arafel View Post
    BC has no defense. Which is truly disgraceful given who they have on their blue line. About to give lose or tie a game in which they had a two-goal lead again.
    This game is a bit of a look into why they won't win the national championship.

Comment

• Re: D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

They do give up too many odd-man breaks for sure. But fortunately it didn't cost them in the 3rd, but oh so close when the Warriors nearly took advantage on several occasions.

Headed to overtime, tied at 3-3. Anyone's ballgame.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Megan Keller wins it two minutes into the OT on a rocket from the point, "through the trees, through the bushes" as called by the colorful announcer.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
          BC has no defense. Which is truly disgraceful given who they have on their blue line. About to give lose or tie a game in which they had a two-goal lead again.
          No punches pulled here and I like that...The three members who were on the Olympic team all the love to rush the puck. Certainly they have the skill to do that but you would like to see at least 1 or 2 of them scale back on that more often and play a bit more simple, conservative game. Let the forwards do more of the offensive work.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Not that it should have made that much of a difference, but BC was down Cayla Barnes today.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

One player, albeit Cayla Barnes does not make a difference. She is good but not a game changer

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Not that it should have made that much of a difference, but BC was down Cayla Barnes today.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
                One player, albeit Cayla Barnes does not make a difference. She is good but not a game changer
                Like I said, it shouldn't really make that much of a difference. But American Hero Cayla Barnes is indeed a game-changing player, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Like I said, it shouldn't really make that much of a difference. But American Hero Cayla Barnes is indeed a game-changing player, IMO.
                  Don't get me wrong, she is one of the best, but I just think great teams must be able to absorb the absence of missing one top player. I guess my point is, missing one player, other than the goalie position should not dictate the outcome with great teams

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
                    Don't get me wrong, she is one of the best, but I just think great teams must be able to absorb the absence of missing one top player. I guess my point is, missing one player, other than the goalie position should not dictate the outcome with great teams
                    True, and in fairness it didn't, BC still won -- I was mostly just responding to the comments above about BC's defense having issues yesterday with 3 Olympians on it. There were really only two.

I'm nitpicking, really.

Comment

Yes, obviously, there's a loonnng ways to go.... but, oh boy, are the Pairwise Rankings interesting right now! Two teams tied for the 6th and 7th spot, and three more teams tied for the 8th spot (two them being Final Four teams from last year). And with all of them (and more) pretty close in RPI.

Comment

Barnes AND McArthur in the stands today W T F

Comment

Could someone check to make sure Grant is still breathing?

Comment

• Looks like a Noon start time at home doesn't agree with RIT. That and a ton of tripping penalties allowed BU to go 6 for 9 on the PP on their way to an 8-0 humiliation of the home team.

Comment

Wisconsin finally breaks the tie in the 3rd period with St Cloud with a goal to go ahead 2-1. About 6 minutes left.

Steffen with the goal.

Comment

Wisconsin gets an empty net goal to win 3-1 over SCSU...

Comment

Working...
                                X