ESPN+ coverage of ECAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN+ coverage of ECAC

Any thoughts on the new streaming service? I have only watched Yale at Brown and found little difference from the Ivy League Digital Network. There seems to be more commercials. Announcer was the same guy. Video feed was excellent quality with no lag, just some unfocused shots while panning the main camera. At $4.99 a month I find it to be a decent deal and will enjoy watching the entire leagues games.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: ESPN+ coverage of ECAC

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Any thoughts on the new streaming service? I have only watched Yale at Brown and found little difference from the Ivy League Digital Network. There seems to be more commercials. Announcer was the same guy. Video feed was excellent quality with no lag, just some unfocused shots while panning the main camera. At $4.99 a month I find it to be a decent deal and will enjoy watching the entire leagues games.
    For me, it's going to be what else does the service give me. I see they are covering a lot of NHL games as well. And if you're a cricket fan ... never mind...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Assuming the replay pack of the Union game was taken from the ESPN+ feed, I noticed the FPS was up quite a bit (i.e. higher than TV's traditional 30), but too many close-ups when not on replay; would have been nice to see the wide shot so you can see the entire play developing; plenty of back door goals that night.

The commercials is from a league mandate of 3 breaks per period, I assume because of ESPN+'s needs. RPI also has to observe them even though YouTube is RPI-TV's home.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Ivy League coverage has been generally the same (I've watched a few football games, too), but the price drop and the access to a whole bunch of other live content is the real selling point for me. The ESPN app kind of sucks, though, and doesn't integrate well with my Chromecast, which is how I stream most things these days.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Assuming the replay pack of the Union game was taken from the ESPN+ feed, I noticed the FPS was up quite a bit (i.e. higher than TV's traditional 30)
          Live TV is traditionally 60 frames per second.
          Colgate '09

Comment

It seems like the same exact coverage as the old Ivy Network. The quality is decent, the price is a little better, and there is more content outside of ECAC hockey, so it's a very good deal for $5 a month

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              Live TV is traditionally 60 frames per second.
              Traditional is 30 ... 60 fields. Thank you. What you're seeing is higher resolution, not frame rate.

Comment

No pregame. No postgame. No introductions. Just puck drop to final whistle.

And they have managed to upgafuk every CCT women's broadcast.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
                  Traditional is 30 ... 60 fields. Thank you. What you're seeing is higher resolution, not frame rate.
                  I definitely saw frame rate based on the motion of the players on the ice. We very well could both be correct, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I definitely saw frame rate based on the motion of the players on the ice. We very well could both be correct, though.
                    Yes, as someone that recently cut the cable cord, there is a noticeable difference between a 30 fps stream vs 60 fps, especially with live sports. 30 fps is choppy.

Comment

Working...
                    X