Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
    This might trip over the 14th Amendment.
    More likely to be an effort to drive out more votes than surviving any legal scrutiny.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      most hunting rifles are semi-automatic, but I think people could get by just fine with bolt-action hunting rifles. Hell, some people hunt with muzzle loading blackpowder rifles for fun.

So you're actually further left than most Democrats on guns, but I don't think you're that far out there. Most democrats are fully on-board with an "assault rifle" ban, but don't think you'd get the same consensus regarding banning all semi-automatic guns.

I'm a liberal, and I've never been a hunter (although I don't have a problem with people that do, and the self-sufficiency aspect of it makes me sort of interested in trying it). The only gun I own in an antique semi-automatic .22 rifle that my grandfather used to hunt pheasants. I've used it a few time to plink tin cans, that's about it. It's not a weapon for someone is going to use for a mass shooting.
      He runs the Offal Office like he does a cheap reality show: anything for ratings. If it gets the attention of the viewers, he'll play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        and then Scooby using one of his catchphrases which 1/2 the time arent even relevant to the post he quoted.
        If you're going to call me out as irrelevant than just call me an NPC. Nothing more irrelevant than that.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Heard some fun stuff this morning. MSNBC was reporting on the caravan again. Basically called it a nothing burger. Yesterday I happened to watch a Laura Ingraham segment with Ann Coulter where the caravan was the end of US life as we know it. Trump is sending, what, 5000 troops down there? That's more according to MSNBC than he left in Syria to finish off ISIS.

And to top it all off MSNBC played a Fox News segment where the morning crew and Fox Business were indicating that if the caravan gets here a Biblical Plague will follow.

Funny thing is MSNBC also played Shep Smith from Fox who accurately reported on Fox News that the caravan (like April's caravan) is a complete nothing.

Perhaps Mike Judge is the smartest man in America. Idiocracy was prophetic.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I get that, Brent. With one exception, what you say makes a ton of sense.

Why? What is your justification for keeping them around for civilian use? And I know you've said before, "These guns have already been sold, so what are you gonna do?", but to mean, that's not a reason.

And here's another question that I don't think you've ever answered - do you own any guns, whatsoever?
            DX covered it for semi's quite nicely.

I have stated in the past I don't have a gun at the present time, as I have no use for a gun. When I was on the path to having a family in a sorta rural suburban home, I was looking into the possibility of purchasing a gun.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'd go full semi-auto ban.

It's time for hunters to suffer because of the stupidity of others just like the rest of us. Getting punished because of other people not being able to control themselves (the NRA) is the American Way.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Trump to end birthright citizenship.

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthrig...mpaign=organic
                This is one of the many reasons the Supreme Court was so important to Republicans. The 14th Amendment by the right Court could be interpreted in the exact way Trump wants it interpreted.

But some conservatives have long made the argument that the 14th Amendment was meant to apply only to citizens and legal permanent residents, not immigrants who are present in the country without authorization. In an opinion piece in The Washington Post earlier this year, Michael Anton, a former spokesman for Mr. Trump’s National Security Council, said birthright citizenship was based on a misreading of the amendment, and of an 1898 Supreme Court ruling that he argued pertained only to the children of legal residents.

“The notion that simply being born within the geographical limits of the United States automatically confers U.S. citizenship is an absurdity — historically, constitutionally, philosophically and practically,” Mr. Anton wrote in July. “An executive order could specify to federal agencies that the children of noncitizens are not citizens.”
                https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/30/u...r8cIYt3AMczzPE

Appears all he needs is an Executive Order for now.

Comment

It'd be impossible to enforce after twenty years of NRA suggested hoarding, but I'd stop at magazine/clip limits for citizens. Michigan's is 5 rounds for semi-auto shotguns/rifle for hunting.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    It'd be impossible to enforce after twenty years of NRA suggested hoarding, but I'd stop at magazine/clip limits for citizens. Michigan's is 5 rounds for semi-auto shotguns/rifle for hunting.
                    It'd take a long time to get them out of the system but it would be worth it in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Joe gets that treatment when he says some dinosauric nonsense about abortion and you pile on as well. Drew gets it all the time and deservedly so. It’s almost like when people say something dumb and trolly people respond accordingly.

If you don’t wanna read it I get it but at some point you need to start pointing fingers at the guy who consistently aids and abetts fascism with his bothsideism analysis to everything. It’s straight out of the Fox News playbook.
                      I think for myself it’s because I don’t neatly fit any label. I have a mix of conservative and liberal views. I’m pro gun, pro abortion, pro free speech, pro single payer, and pro higher taxes so we don’t have massive deficits. On top of this I would say I strongly dislike the extremism on both sides and the amount of hate coming from both. For the record I’m not saying it is equal or whatever.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        This is one of the many reasons the Supreme Court was so important to Republicans. The 14th Amendment by the right Court could be interpreted in the exact way Trump wants it interpreted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/30/u...r8cIYt3AMczzPE

Appears all he needs is an Executive Order for now.
                        Good luck with that. I don't see Roberts being that blatantly racist. He's pro corporations, but he's also image conscious.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Good luck with that. I don't see Roberts being that blatantly racist. He's pro corporations, but he's also image conscious.
                          Yeah, I've heard that Roberts is the lefts new savior. It's always the left looking for a savior on the right. At this point it should be a 7-2 Liberal Court.

Comment

Good luck doing this one without a Constitutional amendment. https://www.infowars.com/trump-to-te...t-citizenship/

14th section 1 is very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Yeah, I've heard that Roberts is the lefts new savior. It's always the left looking for a savior on the right. At this point it should be a 7-2 Liberal Court.
                              It isnt that he is a savior, it is that he isnt a Right Wing nutjob who will just blindly vote with Trump. I would bet against him giving that kind of power to the President as well.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                14th section 1 is very clear.
                                It is: That every person born on US soil is a legal US citizen.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X